Author Topic: FH2 Propaganda Videos - Help Needed  (Read 1463 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
FH2 Propaganda Videos - Help Needed
« on: 04-10-2011, 08:10:44 »
So I've been toying with specific themed videos for close to a year now, and I have started and stopped many times, due to my utter lack of skill in making videos, using battlerecorder, freecam or any other assisting tool.

But I really do WANT to make these videos, so I am asking for help here. Anyone who can put together scenes and would appreciate the storyline and storyboard to assist them, please contact me by PM.

I should have something out by the end of this week (Storyboard), and I can promise you, these will be awesome and direct advertising for the mod showcasing specific aspects of the game that are noteworthy.

So yer, just PM me if interested and let's start talking.

--

Djinn

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Propaganda Videos - Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: 04-10-2011, 11:10:14 »
specific aspects of the game that are noteworthy.

Got an example of what is a noteworthy aspect?

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-10-2011, 11:10:29 »

Tanking?
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-10-2011, 11:10:26 »
1. Americans - Weapons - The M1 Garand Rifle!, Thompson smg, The Sherman tank, the Jeep, and then action footage showing the other vehicles... Basically, a bit of clear propaganda, then spot-the-American-vehicles

2. German army - The mg42, the 88 dual-purpose Gun, The Atlantik Wall, Panzer VI Tiger tank, the k98, the Stg44, the nebelwerfer, German tanks and awesomeness over Allied Shermans etc and the panzerfaust and shrek, German infantry advance i.e. Maps they historically won, or could brag about fighting etc..

3. A FH2 video set-up exactly like the BF42 start video.

4. fortress Europa (Allied Video, German Video), The battle in the Bocage (German video), the Battle of Crete (German and Allied videos), The Ardenne Offensive (Allied Video), The defense of Tobruk, North Africa.

I could give you all the nitty-gritty, but why spoil the surprise. Any one interested.

I also want voice actors. What I intend to do is record American, British and German speakers done to sound like they would in WWII propaganda videos (In their correct language - No corney English speaking Germans. I can use subtitles for that)... You know, the fast paced, carefully pronounced, Raised German voice etc to go with most of the videos.

Most will be in grainy and scratched black and white or serpia, with some real footage superimposed where FH2 animation can't help me eg. surrender of British troops in Tobruk and Crete etc...

Now I am not looking for opinions just yet. I am looking for volunteers, who can help me. I have seen threads start and die from everyone else's opinion on how it should be done. That's for me and the 'team' to decide.

Anyone interested?

« Last Edit: 04-10-2011, 11:10:37 by djinn »

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04-10-2011, 11:10:26 »
Don't you need "actors" as well (for the action), along with a vacant server that runs battlerecorder?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04-10-2011, 11:10:44 »
Most of the actions can be picked from already existing battlerecorder. I don't plan on using unique actions. A tank getting hit, a close-shot of a tank firing, infantry charging etc...

It's not a big project.

What I do need is for someone to find those shots based on the storyboard, and make the video, as well as someone to do the voice acting.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04-10-2011, 11:10:15 »

You think he can't pick the right ones?

oh and by the way Djinn, it's a great idea but I can't help you due to my complete suckishness at movie making sry
« Last Edit: 04-10-2011, 11:10:10 by PanzerKnacker »
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04-10-2011, 12:10:13 »
Not a problem. I dont intend it to be overly time-consuming. Just want people to do what they already do for hobbies, simple effect will do. I want the shots and storytelling to sell the idea.

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04-10-2011, 12:10:26 »
Hey Djinn.
To go through a battlerecorder session of a random public game would be very time consuming. That's why Kelmola suggested actors so that you can "direct" the action...see Kubador's movie: Prelude to Forgotten Hope. That movie contains scripted events, with actors etc.
Goodluck for this project.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04-10-2011, 12:10:26 »
better than that, you can set up a singleplayer game and get most of the actions. Bots play predicatably, and tanks move in plane sight, which would work perfectly. A few actions may need scripting, but I will have to have sent the storyboards first, for the video person to determine if that will be needed.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04-10-2011, 17:10:40 »
I support the bf42 one :P but we lack the pacific stuffs :(

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04-10-2011, 17:10:53 »
Sure, no torpedoes or ships (officially), but we do have rocket planes... can be switched for that.... besides, a bit of difference might actually give it a fresh edge. And no subs... that i have to find a good replacement for.

I also want to learn from the person making the video, so I can help. I don't want to just come up with concepts. But very much be a part of the process.

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04-10-2011, 18:10:31 »
Wait ... You are not even going to make the video ? Lol, so djinnish... Do people actually feed you with spoons where you live ?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04-10-2011, 19:10:55 »
It was in my opening statement. I don't know how to. I will appreciate it they shared with me the software they are using, how they do it, etc. I am a fast learner, so it wont be long before I can help there.

What I am doing from get-go is sketching and providing them the storyboard and the script - In script I mean, the storyline AND the exact narration.

That's hardly an insignificant aspect of the video.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04-10-2011, 21:10:52 »
I support these kind of videos. If you manage to make them good, I would love to upload them as OFFICIAL FH2 videos into our library so everyone who has subscribed can see them.