Author Topic: EXPERIMENTAL AI SOLUTIONS FOR SP/COOP (Community effort)  (Read 61846 times)

Offline rd.king

• 1943 WLC
    • View Profile
Re: The Single Player Fan Project: Work to be done and feedback
« Reply #45 on: 09-10-2010, 00:10:22 »
Devilman
Ran 6 rounds 83 bots 350 tickets per side
no CTD's battles went well.
Only one small issue is that the germans no longer
spawn at the first two flags.
Every round starts with the yanks running all the way
to the third flag before meeting any resistance.
Though I don't think this has anything to do with your files
as I noticed this when I tried the map after 2.3 came out.

Good work

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09-10-2010, 01:10:08 »
Devilman
Ran 6 rounds 83 bots 350 tickets per side
no CTD's battles went well.
Only one small issue is that the germans no longer
spawn at the first two flags.
Every round starts with the yanks running all the way
to the third flag before meeting any resistance.
Though I don't think this has anything to do with your files
as I noticed this when I tried the map after 2.3 came out.

Good work

by default PHL with 65 bots CTD on me in about 5 minutes,3 times in a row
with my posted GPO,it played for 30 to 40 minutes without CTD,3 times in a row

thankyou for the feedback  :)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 09-10-2010, 10:10:26 »
Great work! What was causing the CTD then, what did you change?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 10-10-2010, 08:10:44 »
I havent personally been able to test this because i dont have a pc to, but I gather from clivewil that Devilman's new GPO removes the mg34 and 42 lafette, one or both of which, am i correct, caused the ctd.

Can we narrow it down to which? I wonder if we can't find why they do that, and maybe fix it. It might also be the cause of random ctds in other maps then.

@ Drawde, Remick04
I guess we have our first bit for the patch/fix. We just need to fix it cuz I dont think this map works well without those mgs in.

@Remick
Did you also change the spawn positions of the germans back to 2.2 spawn i.e abondoning the 1st three flags? Because, i personally thought the more-agressive defense in 2.25 was better

@drawde
Any other bug fixes? Any word?

Clivewil also told me that he feels the helicopter ai, not perfectly adopted, may also be resulting in ctd. Chance we could look into that?

Great work again, devilman. Thanks! We are finally on the right track :-)

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10-10-2010, 14:10:46 »
I removed both the mg34_lafette and the mg42_lafette from the 64 GPO,as both caused the 5 minute CTD
These are only found on the 64 size for purple_heart_lane
If these are used on other maps,they will also CTD (in theory)

I also tested all other spawners on the 64 size for purple_heart_lane (except the pickup kits,which bots cant pickup)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 10-10-2010, 14:10:12 »
Gr8! So we just need to figure out why they cause a crash and fix it. 

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 13-10-2010, 11:10:32 »
Point du Hoc and Op. Hyacinth - objective gameplay for bots

So I'm thinking of how we may up the gameplay for these objective maps.

Bots currently fight for just flags and will not bother with the objectives. Can we make them?

The canons on pdh and the vehicles on hyacinth will need to be coded to be occupy-able though unusable, but locked to allies and a 'sweet' vehicle for germans, and like defensive guns, camped.

Let bots know the best weapons to use against them: mgs for planes, sticky bombs and charges for Planes and tanks, thermite for the canon

Not only would gameplay improve, but bots will aid players, making these a different gameplay from the usual run-n-gun

Also:
Recall how bots ?use to commit suicide when they get stuck. Can this work for scaling the cliffs?

Bots drive the lcas to the cliff, germas spawn at the top to defend. Bots instantly cap the top once they get to the cliff with bot-only spawns atop, with humans having to spawn below with the same spawn point, needing to climb and cap the flag atop with any bot that spawns up there. Bots at the lower cliff face die after a time trying to get up or when killed by defenders.
Once the top is capped and those below have no one to shoot up at, they die quickly and spawn along with the rest at the capped flag.

Offline cbt33

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 23-10-2010, 07:10:31 »
Didn't know where to post this and didn't know if anyone had but it seems they added a no go zone for New Zealand on Mount Olympus and the bots keep running out into it. Would that kill the bots? There's a lot of "_______ is no more" messages in the upper left and the tickets run awfully fast.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 23-10-2010, 09:10:21 »
Would best be posted, yes in Singleplayer section, but in errors and bot erreneous behaviour, but I think its been mentioned before. The SPers, for whatever reason, are kinda quiet these days, but let me quote your post there and see if I get a bite.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 28-10-2010, 15:10:33 »
Possible fixes for Drawde's next mod - or any other patch:

/ Planes of Ramelle... Why they go out of sync, crash and get their explosions going without them flying over eventually.
/ CTD on Totalize - Why does it happen
/ Double-cap on alot of maps... Let's try Winterhilf's theory to the breaking-point. See if we can't fix this once and for allSo these are the big priorities:
HIGHEST PRIORITY: Double-cap... you heared Winterhilf - zM, cF. I think this is up your alley. You guys seem to know what you are about editting map stuff.

/Bots shouldn't throw grenades at tanks, nor tanks use their coaxle mgs on planes, it distracts them from ground targets - most noted on Cobra
/ Deployable mgs - Same or higher priority as static counterparts, except bots should like these for BOTH defense and offense... and should camp them.
/ Raised perspective for deployable mortars
/Bots being able to use AT rifles once again - Bots need to be able to use this in prone stance from ranges greater than rifleman range for both infantry and light to medium vehicles, with pistols being used at optimum pistol range for both mg gunners and AT gunners alike
/Bots don't know how to deal with AT gunners - They seem to fire at other exposed positions, but they simply stand over AT gunners once they get to them. Perhaps use of grenades in addition to bullets may improve things
/Slight increase in pistol range, so that there is distinction between it and knife range. And figure out why bots switch to knife at times when the enemy is very far off.
/Change in position value on tanks to A, stop them bailing tanks for no reason - but yet shouldn't camp indefinitely esp. if stuck and B/ why they don't switch from hull and top mg position to driver position when there is no one else in the vehicle
/Firing the Walking stuka rockets. Minimum range needs to be set carefully to avoid them blowing themselves up

Projects
/Commander Advanced AI
/Bots responding to commo rose functionality
/Bots firing down the sights at range, and only firing from the hip at point blank range
/Operation Periscope - One view on arty for humans (normal POV) and one for bots. Otherwise Remick wont accept deployable mortars with raised POV, and it wont go for mobile arty either
/ Personal Project: Adapting the FH2 awards system for Singleplayer i.e Client-side, like how the Push system was done.

« Last Edit: 28-10-2010, 17:10:35 by djinn »

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 03-11-2010, 07:11:06 »
Most pressing issues, possible first fixes for a minimod/ patch:
/88 recurring sound is back
/Flare causing a CTD in Hyacith
/Tank motion, and why tanks reverse 20 or 20 feet or find it harder to cross narrow paths
/Deployable mgs - Bots don't camp them, and wont fire them, but just point them
/Mg positions - Bots should camp them
/Stuka divehorn - I think it being in its own patch would be nice, don't you. Its still unofficial after all
/Nebelwerfer firing short.

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 03-11-2010, 09:11:48 »
Possible fixes for Drawde's next mod - or any other patch:

/Bots shouldn't throw grenades at tanks, nor tanks use their coaxle mgs on planes, it distracts them from ground targets - most noted on Cobra
/ Deployable mgs - Same or higher priority as static counterparts, except bots should like these for BOTH defense and offense... and should camp them.
/ Raised perspective for deployable mortars
/Bots being able to use AT rifles once again - Bots need to be able to use this in prone stance from ranges greater than rifleman range for both infantry and light to medium vehicles, with pistols being used at optimum pistol range for both mg gunners and AT gunners alike
/Bots don't know how to deal with AT gunners - They seem to fire at other exposed positions, but they simply stand over AT gunners once they get to them. Perhaps use of grenades in addition to bullets may improve things
/Slight increase in pistol range, so that there is distinction between it and knife range. And figure out why bots switch to knife at times when the enemy is very far off.
/Change in position value on tanks to A, stop them bailing tanks for no reason - but yet shouldn't camp indefinitely esp. if stuck and B/ why they don't switch from hull and top mg position to driver position when there is no one else in the vehicle

Most of this is controlled by AI templates
Change the AI coding to get your desired results

Bots can and will,only do what they are preprogrammed to do

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 03-11-2010, 10:11:09 »
I understand that. What I'm asking for is for a minimod, like Drawde's or your mg-fix minimod. You know, a package of fixes, or like the Stuka dive architecture, changes, that can be plugged in and removed as desired.

Can you help us, add to your mg fix?

Offline Devilman

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 03-11-2010, 13:11:38 »
Can you help us, add to your mg fix?

Yes,but,the situation is
My only real interest in FH2 is using their fantastic maps in my little private mod
I dont use,and dont know the names of any weapons or vehicles (if you recall the Hind in one of my screenshots)
so anything object that needs attention,i need the exact name of,as written in it tweak file

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 03-11-2010, 19:11:52 »
Sure, the 88 (you know that bigass dual-purpose gun that the Germans have? Big enough for them to actually sit on it?), the one defending the hill in St Lo, that's the Flak 18 or 88m, I think its file name would be Flak_18. It has the repetitive sound, so you notice that it makes the noise of firing even though it isn't

Others that do this are,
The mg34, The Panzer II canon (PzkwII)... and can anyone confirm if the 20mm canon on the Sdkfz222 and/ Flak38 also do that?

The flare gun that causes the CTD in Operation Hyancinth is called the Very Pistol
The mg that can crash Ramelle is the Browning .30cal (Its a static defense, not the pickup kit version)

Deployable and static mgs that need to be camped:
/Mg34
/Mg42
/Their variants with lafette tripod and bipod
/Vikers
/Browning .30 cal

Raise perspective for the mortars i.e gw[something] for the Germans, 3in mortar for Brits, M1 81mm mortar for US

And the JU87 Stuka could get the tweak from the last Drawde's mod i.e the divehorn and dive architecture so that it switches on its divehorn automatically... Unless you can take up the challenge to get bots to switch it on when in an attack run i.e when they start to pitch? Would most love that.. Then the devs only need to change the divehorn sound and not the give Singleplayer/COOP a custom stuka

Finally, I'm trying to figure out how we can have mortars and howitzers have the current raised perspective (We figured it was the only way bots could fire past obstacles) and yet, have human players using those pieces have the normal perspective 15ft lower than it is in SP - Because raising the perspective would make the mobile artillery i.e the Sdkfz 124 Wespe unusable by human players, as would be the Sdkfz 251 'Stuka ZU Fuss' or 'Walking Stuka' - Currently, they neither have raised perspective, nor fire HE at all.

The idea is, a couple of things are broken, and if we can get a single patch package out, then any SPers can plug that in once, and not need to personally tweak this or that - Which puts most casual SPers off

You would be doing us (and me mostly) a big, big favor  ;D
« Last Edit: 03-11-2010, 19:11:00 by djinn »