Author Topic: Recording FH2 videos 1st person  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
Recording FH2 videos 1st person
« on: 24-04-2009, 11:04:11 »
i was wondering if any of you has an alternative to FRAPS when i comes to recording videos of FH2. the battle recorder + dmeo files work but you only get 3rd person view and i want 1st person.

fraps works just fine however the file size is extremely huge. 10 seconds recording in fraps is lke 1GB of HDD space gone. sure i can compress it afterwards to like 10 MB with almost not quality loss but is there another way to make 1st person videos in FH2 ?
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
Re: Recording FH2 videos 1st person
« Reply #1 on: 24-04-2009, 11:04:25 »
Maybe Xfire could do it? I've had Xfire years but never tried taking videos with it so I don't know about filesizes it produces but maybe it would be worth looking into.

Offline Apo-TTCC

• FH2 Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24-04-2009, 11:04:14 »
An alternative could be Game Cam.
http://www.planetgamecam.com/
ß

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-04-2009, 11:04:59 »
this game cam thing looks interesting i will give it a try
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #4 on: 24-04-2009, 13:04:19 »
personally I found game cam to be larger files than fraps. (?)

In Fraps have you checked the setting that's about screen capture size, I think you can capture at full size (which the output will be huge files) and also at half size (better for you tube) I did this quickie using the fraps half size setting > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVt7CDH7knk

Also, for me the best thing I ever did was buying an external 1TB hard drive - it just plugs into my puter via USB and I use that to quick store huge files.  I thin you can get them for really cheap these days, it's totally worth the investment.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24-04-2009, 14:04:32 »
well i got 2,25 TB HDD space but lot of partitions are already almost full ...

i ussualy compress / reencode the fraps movies so they size gets reduce by 90% making them fairly nice to wokr with
however when 10 seconds tunr into almost 1 GB and i want to record a hole map and later sort out which parts i want to work with etc the storage space needed get insanely huge.

the background is i wanted to create a "How to be a sniper" video.
i m fairly good at this and many people ask for help when it comes to bullet drop and leading targets on long ranges.

as sniping is a long term thing i would need to record much longer videos than just a few minutes.
pressing the record button each time i get a sniper and then wait for pray or lurking in the shadows is just not working so well.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #6 on: 24-04-2009, 14:04:46 »
sounds like a tough assignment, I've done some sniper footage with renerder.drawhud 0, it was painful, but very pleasing when you see it all strung together - the tiny-weeny pop of blood that you sometimes see on a chest shot makes it look awesome, I know exactly what you are saying about needing to get into position and then recording, I had to try lots of times on Sfakia, I have a sweet spot that overlooks the whole field but getting there is a nightmare - then you get people wandering over, standing next to you and firing their mp40s at anything that moves, it took me 4 rounds to get 2mins 10secs worth of half decent sniper film.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats