Author Topic: AI minimod 1.3 beta 3 + Map AI minimod 1.0b  (Read 11997 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: AI minimod 1.3 beta 3 + Map AI minimod 1.0b
« Reply #45 on: 28-07-2010, 09:07:29 »
Great work. Its not as dramatically different as I thought it would be, but unless I'm wrong, you changed the speed at which the divehorn comes on? If so, I think I noted that difference in how long it took to hear it on Crete, which is where it otherwise stays on

Ok, fellas, I think we have something like 2 or 3 weeks tops to the next version of FH2... Now we need to put our efforts into getting all this stuff in.

Remick_04? Is that doable? Tell us how we can help - No as yet unreleased contents, sure. But anything else?

Drawde, we would need that 1.3 RC in time for Remick to make use of it. Any loose ends, we need to deal with now. Can you see yourself adding the increased climb of the Stuka and/or the increased deadliness of plane mgs in the next week if you choose to include them at all?

Can we try and solve PHL's CTD once and for all, otherwise, PHL will be unplayable in COOP in the next version of FH2 -

Gentlemen, this is again our moment of glory... Lets make it happen

ps. @ Raziel

What do you use to make the vids? As well as add text?

« Last Edit: 28-07-2010, 10:07:39 by djinn »

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 28-07-2010, 10:07:37 »
Djinn, I just changed the Max Climb angle from 0.17 to 89.0. Didn't touch the siren. It is the fact that stukas start climbing immediately (airspeed is low) that the siren doesn't activate immediately.

Re Software: I use Sony Vegas 9 for the vids. (You can use Windows movie maker - It is quite good)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 28-07-2010, 11:07:32 »
Wow. Then adding increased horn threshold will do wonders.

Thanx for the info on the movie app. Thinking of making an epic singleplayer video

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01-08-2010, 12:08:28 »
Where is Clivewil's post on the Stuka dive angles? (can't find it on the forum for some reason). I'll definitely give this a try.

What I did for the Stukas in the current version is to make two different versions, the default version where the dive horn only activates in steep dives (as with the standard AIX settings) and a SP-only version where it activates in shallower dives. You'll need the map patch installed for the latter to show up in SP/co-op maps.
If Clivewil's suggestion works, though, the different versions won't be necessary.

I'll also try out the aircraft MG accuracy fix. One question, though, is it true that with the AI difficulty on maximum, the bots ignore "deviation" settings and are always 100% accurate? In this case, would it be better to run the game with the AI on a high but not maximum setting, like 0.8-0.9?

I'll try and get another minimod version out within a week or so... the PHL CTD is probably the biggest issue currently.

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 03-08-2010, 20:08:24 »
Tried out Clivewil's suggested fix for the Stuka (increasing the climb angle angle) and it works great! Bots flying the Stuka will now dive steeply enough to activate the siren with the original AIX settings, so there's no need for separate SP versions of the Stuka or for setting the siren activation threshold so low that it goes off in normal flight.
Also, since the Stukas fly higher and dive steeply onto their target, they're quite a bit harder to shoot down especially with tripod + vehicle MGs, not good news for the Allies! 

It makes me wonder what else could be done to improve bot piloting AI by tweaking the settings like this! Increased climb angles might be helpful for other attack planes, not just the Stuka.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 04-08-2010, 01:08:43 »
Big priority we need for whatever version goes with the next FH2 release:
/deployable mortar with raised perspective
/Fixed Purple Heart Lane
/Bots able to use deployed mgs
/Panzer II also has repetitive sound when firing, as does mg34 ofcourse
/Bots still don't like the mg42 tripod
/Get AT riflemen to fire at ranged targets prone - I note that they stand and look at them, but think they should be firing standing, so they get transfixed and become easy prey.... Mgers don't do that for some reason
/Slow ROF for infantry to that of unmodded FH2 bots
/Permanent known solution to fixing double-capped flags. Winterhilf figured it out. I wonder if he told anyone the solution though...

----Get Remick04 to know all the changes to AI and to implement them in for the next mod - These are those I could think off head
.AT guns don't drive around or fire AP at infantry.
.Howitzers and mortar firing with direct fire and use custom vehicles that have raised perspective
.Custom Stuka with raised elevation for takeoff
.?More accurate mgs on all planes?
.Destinguished tank types i.e heavy, light etc
.Tanks switching Shell types
.All AT bomb infantry using them
.Mg and AT rifles with fixed non-stand-firing
.Bots never bailing from static weapons, but bailing from vehicles if need be
.MOre agressive bots?
.Bots that flee or dash when 'startled'
.Choice of bombs for aircrafts depending on target
.Changed max and min range for vehicles - Panzer II might still need agression work
.Map changes in vehicle loadout. Not too sure about Strategy in Luttich though - Sort of makes ther commander spam the radio, also present in other maps

*Will get in touch with Clivewill and see if he knows how to make bots priority personelle for say, howitzers, maybe even how to get them more agressively firing at distant targets they can still see - Want the nebelwerfer to fire at infantry

« Last Edit: 04-08-2010, 10:08:50 by djinn »

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 04-08-2010, 08:08:11 »
howitzers, maybe even how to get them more agressively firing at distant targets they can still see - Want the nebelwerfer to fire at infantry

All targets and the engage distance for a bot using a weapon is controlled by the weapons AI file
change to suit

weaponTemplate.indirect 0
weaponTemplate.minRange 30.0
weaponTemplate.maxRange 150.0
weaponTemplate.optimalRangePercentage 90
weaponTemplate.setFiringPose Lying
weaponTemplate.setStrength Infantry    10.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength LightArmour 0.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength HeavyArmour 0.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength NavalArmour 0.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength Helicopter  0.0
weaponTemplate.setStrength AirPlane    0.0
weaponTemplate.allowedDeviation 0.5
weaponTemplate.deviation 0.5

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 04-08-2010, 15:08:42 »
A possible suggestion, Drawde

Given the way Panzer IV D and F1 were used i.e as infantry-support. Will it be possible to change their mode of firing to make them more agressive at range for emplaced guns?

I also think the howitzers and mobile weapons ie. mortars and mgs don't get enough love. Maybe if they had the value that static mortars or the nebelwerfer have, it should solve things

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 04-08-2010, 21:08:03 »
Ok, so most of Drawde's AI improvements are in the mod (unfortunately in the change log I was given credit, not Drawde, which I complained about :-\). I wasn't able to just apply Drawde's AI tweaks as is because of all the .tweak files for weapons and vehicles. The Devs make their own tweaks to those files to improve balancing and gameplay for multiplayer. And if I included all of Drawde's files, it would revert all the work they have done back to 2.26. So I only included a few .tweak files that I knew what they did.

Things like the fix to the 2pdr sound loop (forgot about the Flak guns but I'll try and fix that), the fix to planes firing rockets, and the AI arty. I didn't include the stuka divehorn in its current condition for 3 reasons. 1. It still needed balancing. 2. It would affect multiplayer. And 3. It uses the AIX sound file, and though I know Clivewill has been helping, I don't want to add anything from another mod until I know with 100% certainty that we have their permission. That doesn't mean I'll never add the Stuka divehorn files, I definitely want to, but It's something that would require a bit more internal discussion before applying it.

I apologize, Drawde, for butchering your mod to get it included, But I'm trying to avoid setting back the 2.3 release. If there are any .tweak files that you think I definitely need to add or fix let me know what they are and what changes were made. Like for instance the 50cal MGs on Allied tanks in Normandy, don't seem to be firing, but I know bots used them in your mod. So I must be missing something.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 04-08-2010, 22:08:47 »
Well, until you CAN add the sound file for the Stuka, you can still use the auto-on, since that is a custom Stuka for singlelplayer only. Also you could use the FH1 Stuka sound from my download link, otherwise it would sound horrible with the current one

Also, Drawde is increasing the dive rate of the plane by increasing its climb height. Useful to keep the divehorn turn-on less sensitive to over-activation and to make the Stuka safer by flying, well... more like a Stuka

I also suggest some work on flags that cause double caps. Like the Farm in Cobra or the middle flag in Alam Halfa

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 05-08-2010, 09:08:45 »
...most of Drawde's AI improvements are in the mod...
Awesome. The day we don't have to modify every server.zip creeps ever closer... 8)

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 05-08-2010, 11:08:50 »
I apologize, Drawde, for butchering your mod to get it included, But I'm trying to avoid setting back the 2.3 release. If there are any .tweak files that you think I definitely need to add or fix let me know what they are and what changes were made. Like for instance the 50cal MGs on Allied tanks in Normandy, don't seem to be firing, but I know bots used them in your mod. So I must be missing something.

No need to apologies - any AI fixes that get included in the officlal release are a good thing.
Most of the important data is in the .ai files anyway but there are a few important changes to .tweak files, I'll send you a PM later with more info on this. One thing I should mention is that the critical part of the aircraft rocket fix is in the projectile .tweak files (change physicsType to Point rather than Mesh), not the aircraft or weapon files.

Also, a lot of vehicles now share object and weapon .ai files, all the 75mm Sherman variants for example. The AI profiles used are defined in the .tweak files, if this is unchanged then most of these vehicles will use the original, unmodded .ai files. This might be something you want to look at.

Also, since Clivewil's fix for the dive angle, I've removed the SP-only Stuka versions from the minimod... the auto Stuka siren may have to be a feature, like the raised artillery viewpoint, that's only available in the minimod. IMO the auto siren could be a good idea for MP anyway (might encourage people to dive-bomb more!) but the devs may disagree.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 05-08-2010, 12:08:42 »
Totally agree.

The stuka dive is definitely better than that of fh2.

I did mention to clivewil that we had used the divehorn and dive architecture but the devs may want to contact him themselves - I wish they would. Then again they could make their own dive sound, maybe even more chilling :-)

But raised perspective for arty is a must otherwise it all goes back.

I think Remick might actually prevent the ctd on purple heart lane simply by not cutting and pasting.

The biggest concern I have is a way to fix commander ai for all maps and a permanent solution for double-cap flags. Those will do wonders for ai even with fair navmeshing.

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 05-08-2010, 20:08:20 »
I do hope to try and implement the auto triggered stuka horn eventually, because I agree that it's better than the current system in FH2. But it’s ultimately not my call.

And the AI Arty with the raised viewpoints are in the mod. Well at least the files are, currently they are only on a couple maps. That’s partly because I havn't given them the updated gameplay files for all maps yet, and partly because of how updating maps works within the team. The creator of the map (or if the creator has retired, then the person left in charge of the map) are to only ones who can apply updates. I can give them the files, but it's up to each individual map maker to update their maps. So, it can be a little sporadic which maps get updated, depending on people’s availability to do so.

I did however figure out what was preventing bots from firing Arty on infantry at max range. I'll let Drawde know what I did for future use in the minimod. It makes a world of difference. On some maps the mortars never seem to stop falling from the sky.

And the projectile .tweak files for rockets should be updated, but I was noticing last night that not all the vehicle .ai files were updated, so I'm going to go through again and make sure everything is fixed. I'll also increase the dive angle for stukas.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 05-08-2010, 20:08:17 »
about the arty range

Swee-eet!