Author Topic: BringWar sound modification for FH2  (Read 7397 times)

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
Re: BringWar sound modification for FH2
« Reply #30 on: 21-07-2018, 09:07:15 »
Video is unavailable :(

Offline Sgt.Robharts

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21-07-2018, 18:07:20 »
Should be good now

Offline fizzypop

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27-07-2018, 22:07:01 »
Is the second link up to date? Also, the first link isn't working.

Offline Sgt.Robharts

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01-08-2018, 16:08:12 »
Ah... When i click on the first link, it sends me to the good cloud page.

Second leads to the same cloud page of Mega.nz but is menant to be safer with a Key (password).

If anyone encountered troubles, please tell me.

Offline SgtAlex

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 16-10-2018, 23:10:44 »
Well I tried this today and although I didnt expect much I was incredibly surprised, I cant believe I have been playing for years without this, this sound mod has become a must for FH2 for me, together with reshade. Both things together achieve a rework to FH2 interface, quality and richness of sound and video widely improved.

You have made a very very good job by doing this, although you say it is not perfect, you must be proud of what you made because some of the sounds are actually perfect, I specially like the sound of engines that make each vehicle unique, and also, the sounds of Sten, K98, Flak 88 (https://youtu.be/D7KlUIeZpVQ?t=313), MG34 and 42, all tank's MGs, explosions, artillery, voice commands...

I highly recommend this sound pack, and I actually think that some of this sounds MUST become official.

I made 2 live videos today while testing this out, here they are if anyone wants to check the sound mod:

« Last Edit: 17-10-2018, 11:10:55 by SgtAlex »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 17-10-2018, 00:10:25 »
We would have to know sources for these sounds in order for us to start looking into the possibility of incorporating any of them.

Offline SgtAlex

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 17-10-2018, 11:10:41 »
It's good to see that you are up to take his work into account. He said that copyright-free was one of his objectives so he recorded sounds from copyright-free videos on youtube and some recordings he made at Normandy where he lives.

Anyway it's up to him and you guys to check that everything is usable. I'm looking forward to see some of this sounds as part of the official release.

Keep up the great job!

Offline Elfen

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 17-10-2018, 18:10:39 »
In my opinion most of the sounds aren't great :/

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 17-10-2018, 22:10:35 »
Planning to download this. Many stuff sounds great, but I would like to keep some ofvthe original FH2 sounds. Is it possible for me to install only a few I choose if I download this, or should I not even bother because if I install it I have to install it all?

Some weapon and vehicles sound great; I think FH2 developers should consider integrating them to the mod if they come clean on the plagiarism test!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 18-10-2018, 18:10:49 »
I highly recommend this sound pack, and I actually think that some of this sounds MUST become official.
You can think whatever you like, but it doesn't mean you are right. I hope you know that.

I'm not sure if it's poor quality of your videos, but after a quick glance I can say that most of these sounds blend into a constant noise to me, I can't hear what is going on around the player and I would be against incorporating any of that mess into FH2.

Also, voice commands seems to be badly cut out of COD and COD2 voice overs what not only make little sense in FH2 commorose but also is illegal.
« Last Edit: 18-10-2018, 18:10:30 by jan_kurator »

Offline SgtAlex

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 18-10-2018, 20:10:53 »
In fact voice commands aren't a big improvement, I prefer original voices. Moreover, I noticed a big increase of voice commands spam since I installed it, so drives me crazy, BUT about explosions, vehicles and guns sounds I still think they are good, many of them better than the original ones.

If you want to keep original voice commands or any other original sound just remove them from the pack or unmount the pack that contains it (note that this wont mount any of the files inside that pack), for example in the case of voice commands remove the line in ClientArchives.con that says BringWar_Misc.zip (unmount the whole MISC pack) or unzip /BringWar_Misc.zip, remove all sounds you dont like and rezip

You can think whatever you like, but it doesn't mean you are right. I hope you know that.

Of course that's what I think, is a subjective opinion and you are free to agree or not, no one is pushing you to agree.

I'll do a new video at Firing Range to get rid of every extra sound/noise so we can focus on one sound in a time. Anyway, I never said that all sounds must be set as original or that must be done immediately, but they must be taken into account at least and see if after some analysis and tweaks they may fit in.
« Last Edit: 18-10-2018, 20:10:39 by SgtAlex »

Offline SgtAlex

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 18-10-2018, 20:10:02 »
Now, yesterday while I was at Firing Range I found a pair of bugs:

• First and most important, 3p sounds of cannons in planes are bugged real bad, makes gunfire 1/10 times or so, so that must be removed from the pack meanwhile it's fixed. 1p sounds and MGs sounds (1p & 3p) work just fine.
  • Turret slewing sound volume on PzIII (all versions) is to high, even higher than main cannon sound.

Offline Tyler

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 30-10-2018, 21:10:55 »
Good job, a lovely addition to the game, looking forward to more improvements!

Cheers!

Offline Sgt.Robharts

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 22-12-2018, 20:12:35 »
Hi everyone,

I must say, I'm surprised that my contribution isn't dead in the abyss of that forum!

Thank you SGT.Alex for your kind words, and to others to have interest in looking at it a little bit deeply.

I have to say that as I'm not a sound engineer and don't have any qualification in this, this is amateur work.

About sources, the only recording I made is the jeep and sherman engine, as in Normandy, we have hundreds if not more jeep rolling around the bocage in between may and june, each DDAY anniversary.

For the vocal part, it's actually from Watchtower sound mod, I forgot to delete it as I was trying to understand how to have custom one working, this is a mistake.

For the guns, they're in fact from non-copyrated videos of guys shooting guns, and then I added a bass sound and a mechanical sound too.

Those two sounds were from only one sound mod that was for Combat mission: battle of normandy, that was ok to use. I modified only those by playing with the EQ in Reaper to make some differences.

This is the same approach for the Tank guns, but this was a different sound mod free to use but I forgot which one…

The sad part could be the plane engine and tanks… Planes are from IL2 STURMOVIK sound mod but I don't recall if it was NCR or not. And tanks were each one from Men Of war Assault Squad 2 sound mods, and as many of those soundmod or gameplay modifications or even maps add sounds to have the ambiance working, I lost track of what I've found and done.

I ended working on it, since my test version of reaper, ad most importantly, Cool Edit Pro 2.1 (for the loop thing, called cue points if I remember correctly) have ended, I can't do anything more, apart downloading a cracked version, but this is not my type of thing.

As said previously, this pack needs some work to be as close as possible to good at least. This is free to use and modify, free for the devs if they want to pick something in it or whatever.

I totally understand the issue of knowing the sources, and as this was at the beginning only for me and a friend, I didn't keep track of where I found the sound for sure. There is no list of such thing. But I knew this could be a problem even for a free mod like FH2 and I tried my best.

I bought a former pig house, transformed in a house here in the bocage near La Haye du Puits, and I'm not going to play FH2 for a long time.

I hope people who likes this pack, will continue to and even more, will enhance it. I'm not too optimistic about making it official even though, FH2 sounds are "old", never been too updated and this was the reason why I tried to manage something that would keep me in the mood of playing it.

Have a good time,thanks for the interest, and may FH2 live for the longest time possible, historical accuracy is awesome in this mod (Omaha and Pegasus are the best!)
« Last Edit: 22-12-2018, 21:12:47 by Sgt.Robharts »

Offline DarthTemoc

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 29-12-2018, 01:12:46 »
This is amazing, thanks for your time doing this.