Author Topic: Message to Admins of FH2  (Read 4189 times)

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
Message to Admins of FH2
« on: 09-02-2010, 02:02:18 »
When I started playing FH2 in 2.15 I really liked the N. Africa maps. They were cool and different, not many games portray N. Africa realistically, and I felt FH2 was unique because it did. I love WW2 games, but I also loved FH2 because it allowed you play other factions outside, Brits, Americans, and Germans. When Normandy came around it gave FH2 a much needed revival. I love Normandy a lot too, the new AT and weapons are fun and all, and the maps are really well done.
However its seems like since Normandy, everyone has been ignoring the N. Africa maps. I find my self playing goodwood like 3 times a day, and I'm so tired of Lutch I'm going to throw up if I see it loading again. What makes it worse is that I play during a specific time of day, meaning I always encounter the same maps :( I'm not the most experienced FH2 player here, for a matter of fact, I'm just an average noob who plays the game for fun. But I know FH2 has more than 5 maps, and for the love of god lets play them! TBH the problem doesn't seem to be with the community, when a N. Africa map comes up, there isn't a mass exodus out of the server. I have seen some servers running desert maps with 64 people.  

My point is admins don't be afraid to venture out of Normandy, the reason we play FH2 is because of the massive amounts of factions, weapons, and vehicals it has. We want variety! Its really sad when the devs put a huge amount of time into maps like Olympus, and they rarely get played :(  So please can you guys throw some more Africa maps into the mix, I really want to play Barida and crete :)  

thx for reading my rant :)
« Last Edit: 09-02-2010, 02:02:07 by hankypanky »
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
Re: Message to Admins of FH2
« Reply #1 on: 09-02-2010, 02:02:09 »
i agree afrika should be played more, but I think you'd more likely get a better response on the server's forums, not here.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-02-2010, 02:02:48 »
I couldn't agree more.

Seriously, whenever I get on to play FH2, it is either Goodwood or Lüttich playing. Recently it's been siege of giarabub too. But those are all the maps!
I'm so freaking tired of Goodwood! I want to play Sidi Rezegh again... Wonder if I ever will...
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-02-2010, 02:02:29 »
oh, god I LOVE Sidi Rezegh...

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09-02-2010, 03:02:38 »
I know WOLF is slowly working the maps back in.  The WOLF Admins tend to DJ the maps around, so if you ask for a map on the list, and some people agree with you, it'll likely get played.

Current WOLF Rotation (as posted on the WOLF Forums):

(For the record, I'm not a WOLF admin, just member of the community.)

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-02-2010, 03:02:22 »
I know WOLF is slowly working the maps back in.  The WOLF Admins tend to DJ the maps around, so if you ask for a map on the list, and some people agree with you, it'll likely get played.

Current WOLF Rotation (as posted on the WOLF Forums):

(For the record, I'm not a WOLF admin, just member of the community.)
Sounds good, tomorrow I'm going to sign up on the Hslan forums and beg for Africa maps :)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09-02-2010, 06:02:03 »
Hslan throws in North African maps as well iirc.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09-02-2010, 07:02:10 »
Hslan throws in North African maps as well iirc.
They do, but however I haven't seen that many. I haven't played Barida in a month, and I haven't played a proper game of crete in a while. Tbh too many Normandy maps! I'm sorry but I'm totally serious, I played goodwood 3 times today, and lutch twice. Also totalize is a popular seeding map, so you see way too much of it. I love all these maps, I really do. Its just that I want something different every now and then. Besides why do so many people hate mount olympus?

I have spoken to the few people who absolutely hate N Africa maps. A lot of the complaints were about weak tanks, open desert, and weak anti tank class. TBH I like the early weapons, I came from Red Orchestra and the Normandy for it mod. So I played with shit loads of late WW2 weapons. I like early shitty tanks :)
« Last Edit: 09-02-2010, 07:02:00 by hankypanky »

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-02-2010, 07:02:23 »
Agreed.

If they dont like the Early Tanks, they can do nothing but get out of ma Face

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09-02-2010, 07:02:40 »
Administrating a server requires awareness how each map is different from eachother.

If a server would run Alam Halfa - El Alamein - Aberdeen - Supercharge - Siege of Tobruk in a row, I would also hate NA maps. You must shuffle the maps around, mix the maps based on their gameplay.
then it doesnt matter if the ground is green or brown, grass or sand, or if it is pzIII or Panther you're driving. 8)

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09-02-2010, 08:02:54 »
Administrating a server requires awareness how each map is different from eachother.

If a server would run Alam Halfa - El Alamein - Aberdeen - Supercharge - Siege of Tobruk in a row, I would also hate NA maps. You must shuffle the maps around, mix the maps based on their gameplay.
then it doesnt matter if the ground is green or brown, grass or sand, or if it is pzIII or Panther you're driving. 8)
ty, you make a great point. Also shuffling your map rotation every now and then is good, it keeps the regulars pleased :)

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #11 on: 09-02-2010, 10:02:43 »
tut tut padawans, never satisfied... too many Afr000KA! Mapz!  Too much Normandie!!

HSLAN are now working back in the classics, Supercharge, ... err Supercharge... and I think there's more but I haven't been able to get online for a few nights.

I do agree though, a nice healthy mix of maps is in order now, until the next 4 maps are released and it's beach maps all the way, (you know I'm right!).
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09-02-2010, 11:02:14 »
FHGN's will run africa maps (most likely the sizes that hasnt been played on servers) so there is a chance for everyone to play them at least once a month. Quirk being that we most likely wont be playing 64p sizes that you've played more. We'll stick to 32's and 16's in most cases.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09-02-2010, 13:02:05 »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09-02-2010, 13:02:27 »
Forgotten Hope Game Night