Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  (Read 63429 times)

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
« Reply #270 on: 31-07-2012, 19:07:00 »
If the rumors are true and they want to do it on the Gamebryo engine, we are screwed. Worst thing that could happen is a console version. Don't get me wrong, I like consoles but I definitely don't want to see S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in there because it will automatically restrict details and gameplay hence atmosphere.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 31-07-2012, 19:07:15 »
My whole problem with it would be atmosphere, bad AI, and shitty combat.

For being a newer game, F:NV looked like ass. I know it is supposed to be the Mojave, but damnit I live in the mojave and it doesn't look that bad.

As for AI, the last thing I want are a bunch of Lydias when it comes to Loners, if there was a blood sucker by cordon, you would see all the Loners with only pistols run away, if it attacked them, they would try to fight back then run.

And combat has always been shitty in the fallout series, clunky weapons and the only decent way of combat is by using your pipboy

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 01-08-2012, 01:08:00 »
Bethesda will just make a random game using the name for a Chernobyl environment. I bet it will feel like Fallout. The real Stalker will live or die with the original creators, depending on what those do.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 01-08-2012, 02:08:36 »
And combat has always been shitty in the fallout series, clunky weapons and the only decent way of combat is by using your pipboy
Oi! Fo3 and F:NV are not the whole "fallout series"  >:(.

I agree on the rest though, Oh and the amount of bugs was just raised by 200%.
Unless of course, they'll let someone else do it.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 01-08-2012, 02:08:16 »
I know, but those are the two latest ones I've played, believe me, I've got a couple fallout games gathering dust in a box somewhere.  :-*

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 04-08-2012, 08:08:11 »
Holy fucking shit. I started a new game of SmP 2.4 on ShoC, just about to start assaulting the compound into the lab where I must kill Burer and obtain the documents.

Saving space for a gigantic story tomorrow. Dear god.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 04-08-2012, 18:08:07 »
Lol that burer.

I killed him with a PPSH41 + M1911 combo, after 100 deaths!

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 04-08-2012, 19:08:54 »
In Oblivion lost, he had a white Trenchcoat, that looked ugly -.-
He didn't like the GP25 though.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 05-08-2012, 02:08:29 »
FUCKING S.T.A.L.K.E.R. man.
I started a new game of SmP 2.4
I played off the save from that, and I had an extremely sizeable collection of weapons. Read: Almost everything NATO and a hellaton of AKs, along with an AWP and several M14s.
I decide to do the mission where I kill burer and go to the lab for the documents.
Well.
I must have killed 40 mutated rats, because holy shit, a fucking SWARM came out of the sewer line by the top of the lab.

Several bloodsuckers, about 3 in total, chased me as well. I am shitting my pants at this point.
I have a fucking swarm of mutated rats, 3 bloodsuckers, and my AK-74 high cycle is out of ammo in the mag. I start to fucking book it to the “safe houses” where three friendly loners are. I get over there, and one guy responds. A great guy with a SPAS-12. He kills several rats and injures the bloodsuckers before being killed himself. I would later pick his SPAS-12 up, and put it in my stash, a shotgun for me to use the rest of the game in his memory.
I book it to the top of the hill, and then turn around as there are bandits at the entrance to Dark Valley. I reload my AK-74HC, and then count to three.
I see two shimmers run up the hill and unload into one. Thats one bloodsucker retreating. I reload, run and jump away from the others claws, and unload into that one.
Then, I pull my PS90 BADABOOM, a gun I picked up off of a dead custom stalker, Tanya, who fell to dogs outside of the BAR. It is a P90, with a 20 round magazine, that shoots buckshot.
The third bloodsucker has arrived, and I shoot 10 rounds into it, watching its shimmering form crumple and become solid amongst the ground. I reload and kill another. One left. Three rats run up screaming their bloody lungs off and I give each a bit of buckshot. I leap out of the way of the bloodsuckers claws, turn around, and put several rounds into his back. His body jerks forward, and he falls to the ground, his hiss quieting as the life seeps out of his body.
Several more rats.

I kill them, one by one with my now reloaded AK-74HC and start to move back to the lab entrance, stopping by a car I had stood on top of, which was now on its side, grill and door completely broken off by a bloodsucker chasing me. My mobile bunker hurtling onto its back, I ran off to the safe houses. When visiting it now, it was just about destroyed, even more so than regular Zone cars. The lights on, shining onto a bush. 

I started to creep along the side of the road, looking for rats to shoot, and watching for anything else that would move, my eyes darting from side to side.

As I entered the compound, I heard the muffled breathing of a Snork. Several snorks to be exact. One spotted me and immedietly I heard the cry of the pack leader, it sent ice into my blood. I aimed down my trusty AK's sights, and let rip into the pack, several falling to my bullets, then I turned and ran for ground. A snork leaped over the wall and I reloaded, mentally counting the ground it would need to cross before I was done reloading. The magazine, 30 rounds, clicked into my magwell, and the snork leapt. I side-skirted to its right, and fired two bursts. One burst into its side, the other into its gasmask of a soul. Its life ended there. I turned on one foot, the other bracing me for the recoil of my AK, and kill the remaining one with a burst to the skull. I entered the plant.
My footsteps echoed back to me from the walls and the heat slowly left my AKs barrel. Not often would I fire over 300 rounds in just under a span of 3 minutes.

I held the bolt open to let the fumes of gunpowder and more of the heat on the barrel air out. That proved to be a mistake. I heard the yelping of blind dogs and rats outside. I ran to the very top of the building and climbed both ladders onto the roof.
Below was a mess of things I did not like or want to see.
Two bloodsuckers, several rats, three snorks, and a zombie all smelled me. A venerable feeding frenzy was taking place. The bodies of the deceased bandits and dead creatures alike became food. I tossed 7 RDG-5 grenades down and killed most.

The dogs and rats were mostly gone except for two rats, now scurrying along to and fro. The bloodsuckers disappeared and could barely be observed running alongst the walls. I took out the RPG out that I had picked up a floor below me, took aim, and watched the rocket trail. Bodies flew everywhich way, into buildings, over the wall, you name it. I quietly collected myself, saved, and waited for my next adventure to start tomorrow.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 05-08-2012, 08:08:13 »
What is this SmP mod and why do you have mutants only in Dark Valley? The P90 buckshot seems a bit off like the M134 Minigun in Arsenal Mod.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 05-08-2012, 18:08:47 »
Super mod Pack 2.4 Its a conglomerate of mods, kind of like hwo Complete is.

There were Loners, Duty, and bandits/mercs in the Dark valley as well, most of them were dead of half dead by the time I was done with the mission.

And on the M134, I picked one of those up from a Merc that was one of the mod developers.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 05-08-2012, 18:08:57 »
 Whats this? A game named after my FH2 nick....

Never heard of this.

Wonder if i can sue for money.......

;D

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 05-08-2012, 18:08:01 »
Scavengers
Trespassers
Adventurers
Loners
Killers
Explorers
Robbers

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 05-08-2012, 18:08:31 »
One of the finest games ever made. :)
SoC was the best I think.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 05-08-2012, 18:08:35 »
Dark Valley is a great place Hi.

When im bored, i usually go to that abandoned farm at night and stay in the entrance, at some point of the night, some bandits spawn at the Garbage > Dark Valley entrance and make their way to the farm, now thats fun, intense firefight at night. My recomendations, disable the HUD and dont use Night Vision.

Also raiding the Bandit HQ at night silently is HELLA FUN, arm yourself with a USP with a silencer and just a few bullets and i dont know, you set your goals, like reach the armory and steal their vodka or something.

I'm still stuck on the NPP Mission. I've cleared the whole place (Outside, south NPP) from monoliths, but the problem is inside. Not only i get attacked by the army of monoliths, but also i get rushed from everywhere by Burers and Bloodsuckers, not a good thing eh!, i barricaded myself at the end of a corridor and made a last stand with the 50 Gewehr 43 rounds i had left, 2 bloodsuckers came rushing at me, i emptied my Gewehr's 10 rounds and pulled out my TT33, i barely managed to fire once when i was already dead.