Author Topic: Times in FH1/2 you felt 'proud', or perhaps simply awesome.  (Read 52757 times)

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
Re: Times in FH1/2 you felt 'proud', or perhaps simply awesome.
« Reply #450 on: 13-10-2012, 23:10:30 »
At first I was like "WTF, how in the hell did they get them to bleed that much" then I noticed it was the 16p version and was like "that's awesome" :D

Offline TimeMachineAssassin

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 14-10-2012, 03:10:44 »
That was a good one. I think everybody on our side was just as excited. That 4 equates to like how many seconds if we would have held? I think we brought it down from 7 to the 4 while you held, but no good. I felt the high but not like if we would have won.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 06-11-2012, 02:11:17 »
Stupidly, I deleted the screenie I made but you will have to take my word for it. I'm gonna machine gun through this one, >4chan style.

>Totalize loads, fuck yeah Cromwell VI
>Totalize crashes during loading, as usual
>Totalize loads for real this time
>Have to be German, fuck no

"Ahh well, may as well get me a Panzerschrek"

>Run over hill at Flak Battery, here a Lee Enfield go off and a bullet misses me by a millimeter

"God dammit I don't even want to shoot you, wherever you are. Just let me get the schrek and go"

>Realize the enemy is five feet in front of me, ducked behind some boxes near the schrek
>He fires again, another near miss

"OH NO YOU DON'T"

>Press 1, fix K98 bayonette
>Enemy fires again, still missing me
>Jump down from the hill, landing wounded
>With the ferocity of a tiger, I lunge forward, hearing the bolt of the enemy's rifle slide back into place
>Shishkebab enemy with bayonette, which usually takes 10 stabs to register

"Haha who was that noob that can't hit anything?"

>Look at kill message
>Christie.Front.Drive [K98 bayonet] MajorIIKoenig

LOLWOW
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 07-11-2012, 11:11:03 »
I found another Drilling kit on Vossenack I didn't know about. Sometimes it pays to randomly walk around pressing "G" :D.

Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 07-11-2012, 17:11:54 »
I found another Drilling kit on Vossenack I didn't know about. Sometimes it pays to randomly walk around pressing "G" :D.

Found one on Operation Cobra doing that two days ago.

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 13-11-2012, 18:11:20 »
Ramelle on the 128 server, I kept trying to trap the Tiger into a corner with the Hawkins mines but no luck (they kept disappearing). After I got HE blasted a few times I gave up and went to wait for the Sherman. When it spawned, someone by sheer coincidence zook'd the Tiger, so after I took out the Marder with 3 HE shots, I just went nuts. With the hull MG manned and infantry firing off the sides of the tank, I drove in a big loop from Alamo back towards our SE flag and around and around, blasting infantry. I used up all HE shells in a few minutes and went through 6 belts of 200-round MG ammunition. By the end of the round, the guy who had the Tiger all round had 54 kills and 4 deaths, and my one Sherman rampage had given me 55 kills 4 deaths :D.

Offline SamusMaximus8492

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 15-11-2012, 20:11:51 »
Just playing Sidi, and had one of my best moments to date. I was defending outpost, and the flag had just got overrun by some infantry and panzers. I was hidden behind a wall as a sapper, and waited until a PzIV rolled past my position and stopped. I run out, and place a mine in front of him, only for the tank to begin a reverse. Panicking, and thinking he had seen me, I ran to keep up with him, and he stopped once more. I was sure he could see me though, as his barrel was turning my way. I considered dropping another mine, but started back the way he had come, and I was sure I was about to get mg'd. I said 'fuck it' to laying the mine, and ran around a wall for cover, only to run right into a german soldier! In my haste, i whipped out my spade instead of my rifle, but somehow managed to bludgeon the guy to death with it (a first for me), right as the PzIV rolled over my first mine and exploded. 

I was also super stoned and playing HUDless, so it felt goddamn awesome. 
« Last Edit: 15-11-2012, 21:11:17 by SamusMaximus8492 »

Offline Gulagman

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 15-11-2012, 23:11:07 »
Got the Gold medal for arty today on Port en Bessin. Took me a while to get used to the grantewerfer rather than the LH18. Felt pretty good.
I play arty because I've a terrible connection with frequent disconnects to the servers.

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 12-12-2012, 02:12:40 »
Was watching the Military Channel, Top 10 Combat Rifles a few weeks back where they talked about the M1 Garand. (M1 was #4, then the Enfield SMLE #3, M16 #2, and AK-47 #1. I'd agree with that ranking).

In the bit on the M1 they mentioned that the distinctive *ping* when ejecting the clip was sometimes a disadvantage for American GIs, as it could alert nearby enemies their rifle was empty.

Playing on Hurgten Forest for the Germans later that night I was engaged in a close range battle with some Joe over at the southernmost river flag. SHOOT, MISS, *duck behind bushes,* SHOOT AGAIN. Each of us being careful not to stand still and make ourselves an easy target. We exchanged a few shots, he fired again, and then... Ping!

I went into Kraut mode, stood straight up almost in slow motion, took careful aim at the poor bastard laying down trying to jam another clip in, he was staring right at me. I slowly pulled the trigger... Bang.

Definitely one of my most memorable FH moments :)
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 20-12-2012, 20:12:31 »
I had a glitch today.

I was German before the round of St. Lo and I tried to join a squad. When I clicked "join", I was teamswitched to Americans, where I was now SL of a squad I couldn't leave. Immediately 5 people joined up expecting me to lead them, because that's just how this shit goes. I couldn't leave the squad or join a new one. After driving around for a few seconds, I suddenly became Commander: I had that fancy crown on my minimap and everything, and I began issuing obnoxious orders to my teammates for the hell of it. But I couldn't resign Commander either: there was no squad list or anything when I hit Caps Lock: all that happened was every time I did this, I got that annoying voice teaching me a new thing about being Commander. So I tried to teamswitch back to Germany, and managed to do so, and everything worked fine again.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 20-12-2012, 21:12:12 »
Yesterday on Crete as German.

I'm on the countryside with a few squadmates, in the Eastern part of the map, heading to the Eastern flag. As I was running, my screen turned blurry as some guy seemed to be firing on me with an mg. I hit the ground and carefully looked if I can see something and noticed a little dot on one of the roofs, assuming it might be the enemy. Took my rifle, trying to take a shot, but he kept firing and I got suppressed way too much so I crawled back into that little deepening, realizing I was pretty much stuck at this position. Began setting up my riflenade launcher, took a look over the ridge again, aimed sky high and saw the friggin grenade drop exactly on the position of the enemy. That must have been around maximum range of the grenade launcher as I was really far away and the curve was almost mortar style, I obviously did not expect to hit. Funny thing is that I thought whether I'll ever make a kill on that range with a rifle grenade while the grenade itself was still in the air. Seeing the little dust cloud appearing just perfectly on the position I "aimed" for was highly satisfying :D Shortly after I left my position and was able to approach further safely.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 05-01-2013, 20:01:32 »
Once played online with listening to Ottoman military band. 41 kills 5 deaths  8)

Offline OmBuStMaN

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 09-05-2017, 13:05:18 »
I was out of panzerschreck on the road between Allied spawn and Farm on Operation Lüttich. I saw an M10 Tank destroyer heading towards farm, he then stopped near farm and I jumped on top of the tank and shot him in the head with my pistol lol.

Offline PapillonFH

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 16-05-2017, 19:05:47 »
Maybe wrong thread, but this (German vid, "Why PR is my favorite game".

http://www.gamestar.de/videos/project-reality-warum-ist-das-dein-lieblingsspiel,93076.html

Why not do this for FH2 too? WW2 is coming back after all as theatre, and FH2 always was and is still there.