Author Topic: Future of FH  (Read 2474 times)

Offline Not So Civil Engy

• View Profile
Future of FH
« on: 26-01-2016, 18:01:06 »
Hi,

I used to play quite a bit of Forgotten Hope several years ago, and have just started playing Forgotten Hope 2 in earnest.  I was hoping the FH Mod team could provide insight into where they envision FH going in the future.  With EA Games all but abandoning 1942 and BF2, do you have plans to expand to another platform?  You have put so much work into these MODs, so I have to wonder what you are getting out of your effort?

Regards,

Not So Civil Engy

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
Re: Future of FH
« Reply #1 on: 27-01-2016, 04:01:55 »
welcome (back?)  I remember your screen name!

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27-01-2016, 14:01:05 »
There are no definitive long term plans beyond BF2, but things are being tried out and discussed. It is not impossible that one day there is an FH3 (maybe as a commercial game), but it is not the safest bet you can make.
Short term we are in the process of eliminating last bugs from the Eastern Front content. Once this is done, we will release Forgotten Hope 2.5 through the launcher you all already have on your PC. We want this release to be as professional and bug free as possible, which is why this last polishing stage is taking longer than expected. Beyond 2.5 there are several new maps already in production (including new Russian, German and Finnish content not in 2.5), as well as plans for new fixes etc, which we hope we will be able to release relatively shortly after 2.5, no promises though.
As for what we get out of this: The satisfaction one gets out of a creative hobby and seeing people enjoy something you worked on. Or, if that doesn't work, the tears of people who think our tanks are coded wrong ;)

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28-01-2016, 05:01:41 »
I remember that nickname from the past! Welcome back!  ;D

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29-01-2016, 20:01:42 »
 Ill wait as long as its standalone. If this is not a current goal for the FH2 team, then we are witnessing the final death throws.....

:'(

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30-01-2016, 02:01:07 »
Eh, people have been saying Fh2 is dying for forever. It's still around because, even on its ancient engine, there still aren't any good alternatives. Newer titles have better gunplay and graphics but there aren't any commercial games with extremely asymmetric maps akin to FH2's Omaha Beach, or offering the same level of rigid accuracy (being stuck with crappy equipment on maps where it's realistic can be a pain, but it does add something to the game).

That being said I would still love FH2 all the more without the quirks of the BF2 engine.

Also always good to see a familiar name from forever ago!
« Last Edit: 30-01-2016, 02:01:41 by Nerdsturm »

Offline Not So Civil Engy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31-01-2016, 00:01:08 »
There are no definitive long term plans beyond BF2, but things are being tried out and discussed. It is not impossible that one day there is an FH3 (maybe as a commercial game), but it is not the safest bet you can make.
Short term we are in the process of eliminating last bugs from the Eastern Front content. Once this is done, we will release Forgotten Hope 2.5 through the launcher you all already have on your PC. We want this release to be as professional and bug free as possible, which is why this last polishing stage is taking longer than expected. Beyond 2.5 there are several new maps already in production (including new Russian, German and Finnish content not in 2.5), as well as plans for new fixes etc, which we hope we will be able to release relatively shortly after 2.5, no promises though.
As for what we get out of this: The satisfaction one gets out of a creative hobby and seeing people enjoy something you worked on. Or, if that doesn't work, the tears of people who think our tanks are coded wrong ;)

Thank you for the reply.  The Forgotten Hope modifications definitely set the bar for what I consider to be a great WW2 games.  When you play these games, you feel like you are actually stepping onto WW2 battlefields.

It is good to see some familiar names from the FH1 days.

Offline Professor Anthrax

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01-02-2016, 04:02:45 »
I remember your name from my FH1 days. Well...by "my FH1 days" I mean when it was pretty much the only game I played but I still play the occasional (extremely occasional now) FH1 round over on Pixelfighter server.

Offline Remdul

• Reverse Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Pie!
    • View Profile
    • ByteHazard
« Reply #8 on: 02-02-2016, 13:02:59 »
Familiar names indeed. ;D Nice to see you Engineer.

Rumor has it that I'm also back in action.

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02-02-2016, 22:02:43 »

Rumor has it that I'm also back in action.

;D

Offline Lupin

• View Profile
    • Lurkerchan
« Reply #10 on: 07-02-2016, 01:02:09 »
I've been saying this for a while (though not openly) but I think the best thing for FH to do is to make a kickstarter/whatever and get funded to make their own game. Though to be honest this probably would've worked better a long time ago (larger team back then if I recall), but I think there's still a chance to pull something off. I'm pretty sure the PR guys did it.

Anyhow, I definitely recognise your name too Not So Civil Engy. Welcome back.