Author Topic: Forgotten Hope 2 addict... Joy or waste of time?  (Read 4087 times)

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope 2 addict... Joy or waste of time?
« Reply #30 on: 19-05-2010, 11:05:22 »
Hehe I just knew that you were going to post something about not giving a damn ,whether the wife and kids are home or not ;D Thanks for not disappointing me  ;D

Specially for you Lainer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTVpxxzb2Dc

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Abuzer

• View Profile
    • Dutchreview
« Reply #31 on: 06-08-2010, 21:08:14 »
Ah Asshole! Haven't heard this song since ages! Brilliant!

Anyways I wanted to revive this topic due to the upcoming patch with Ramelle in it.. It's gonna be a killer for my private life  ;)
Nobel prize winner/available at dutchreview.com

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #32 on: 06-08-2010, 21:08:17 »
Probably not an addict but I sure do spend a lot of time with it. Best WW2 game (*!!!*) I eve3r played. CoD was good but this is awesome. Cause of vehicles

Offline Big Lebowski

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 06-08-2010, 23:08:06 »
Well theres no doubt that its a waste of time but sometimes wasting your time can be very enjoyable. And thats definitely the case with Forgotten Hope! 7+ years of wasting my time and boy have I enjoyed myself.

Unfortunaly I havent been able to play the lastest version but I still get exited every time theres new update and look forward to the day when I can waste some more time!

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07-08-2010, 02:08:59 »
Back in 2003 to 2005, I'd play 2 - 4 hours of FH or BF Pirates after I came home from school. Sometimes I'd wake up at 5am just so I could play a couple hours of FH before leaving.

Sometimes, I wonder where I'd be if I didn't play so much.

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08-08-2010, 23:08:57 »
Back in 2003 to 2005, I'd play 2 - 4 hours of FH or BF Pirates after I came home from school. Sometimes I'd wake up at 5am just so I could play a couple hours of FH before leaving.

Sometimes, I wonder where I'd be if I didn't play so much.

CoD:MW2?

:P

I'm very much like most people here in that I have dropped huge amounts of time into playing the game, lurking the forums, and salivating over fresh news updates. So far I have lured on friend totally into the world of FH, and a few others at least in to the servers.

For me, there are video games, there are mods for video games, and then there is Forgotten Hope. :)

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 09-08-2010, 06:08:15 »
For me, there are video games, there are mods for video games, and then there is Forgotten Hope. :)
SO true. I have poured hundreds of hours into FH1 and FH2 combined (I'm sure, by now) and I don't regret any of it! It has always delivered that unique WWII immersive experience that no other game, retail or mod, can deliver but FH.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09-08-2010, 08:08:06 »
I'm very much like most people here in that I have dropped huge amounts of time into playing the game, lurking the forums, and salivating over fresh news updates. So far I have lured on friend totally into the world of FH, and a few others at least in to the servers.

Remember all those countless evenings playing forgotten hope in your garage till 4 am XD then waking up at 12am and repeating the process all weekend and break long XD
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder

Offline Limonero

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 09-08-2010, 09:08:51 »
Many of you spend more times in the forums rather than playing!

(including me!)

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09-08-2010, 16:08:07 »
Many of you spend more times in the forums rather than playing!

(including me!)

How do you know I don't play and troll the forums? ;D
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11-08-2010, 10:08:20 »
I see FH2 as my major hobby and not as a waste of time. Other people pimp cars or build model railroads or crochet socks or drink beer in their freetime and it is perfectly ok with society. The only problem is that gaming has such a bad reputation (at least in Germany) that we ourselves as experts in that matter feel bad about doing it because everybody only sees a homicidal maniac when you tell them that you like to play fps. And the argument that you loose contact with other people is not true for a multiplayer game and only real hardcore addicts spend there time only with playing FH2.

Formerly I had a bad conscience too when I spent a lot of time playing, but now I grew older and see us more like the avant-garde of a new age to come  ;)
Just wait until the old guard who never played a fps died out and people of our generations have reached the powerful positions.

And if you should feel that just playing doesn't meet your need to do something creative, than I recommend downloading 3dsmax, photoshop and the BF2-Editor and start making your own maps and maybe later your own content.

Edit: F***, once again I spent an hour of my precious time to check the forums.
« Last Edit: 11-08-2010, 10:08:17 by Knitschi »

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11-08-2010, 14:08:13 »
I wonder if I would still play FH2 if it had it shitty community.
Don't get me wrong the game is an absolute blast but it shines the most when played with enjoyable company.
I have played BF:BC2 Demo for a few days, but there it's Noob this, crap game that, yadadada ... I don't get that in FH2 servers.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11-08-2010, 19:08:42 »
I would say FH2 is Joy AND waste of time. Unfortunately thats how it usually are in all matters in my case. Important things are dull. Im not really addicted i guess, ive just been at vacation for 2 weeks and i must admit i at times really wished i was home playing, but i wasnt lying on the floor shaking and sweating either, at least  :)
    FH 2 have a shared 2nd place of my "hobbies". I guess sex is better, then FH2 and sleeping is next on the list. ALOT better than beeing social, thats just something i feel i have to do, though i rather prefer to sit home and play.
    Though ive been worse. Played normal BF 1942 and Realism mod (xww2/soldier9) alot. I could play for 10 hours without problem , as long i was high. In a period i was a real loser, with no job, smoking weed every day and played like hell. Thankfully thats over. Now i guess i wouldnt manage to play more than 3-4 hours without getting tired and sucky and get bored.
    I still remember some very cool experiences from gaming from as much as 10 years ago, and some maps i remember almost as places ive been at vacation. I kinda really wish i could take a trip to the BF1942 pacific maps right now  ;D   I notice many of the FH 2 maps begins to become "nostalgic" and "kozy" or something, its like places i actually know and gotten a relation to, like a house you lived in as kid or something. So right now im evolving memories about the FH2 maps. 
                   ... Yes , of course ... i am a FH 2 nerd, youre completely correct  :)

Offline Abuzer

• View Profile
    • Dutchreview
« Reply #43 on: 11-08-2010, 20:08:29 »

I still remember some very cool experiences from gaming from as much as 10 years ago, and some maps i remember almost as places ive been at vacation. I kinda really wish i could take a trip to the BF1942 pacific maps right now  ;D   I notice many of the FH 2 maps begins to become "nostalgic" and "kozy" or something, its like places i actually know and gotten a relation to, like a house you lived in as kid or something. So right now im evolving memories about the FH2 maps. 

That's it, i'm calling 0900-FHanonymous on your ass!  ;D
Nobel prize winner/available at dutchreview.com