Author Topic: Schadenfreude is the best Freude  (Read 7723 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Schadenfreude is the best Freude
« on: 28-06-2012, 16:06:25 »
Schadenfreude is the best Freude

There is nothing more satisfying than blowing up something that belongs to somebody else. Because of that time honored principle, we are proud to announce:

Objective mode

Devotees might remember that there actually already is an objective mode in FH2. However, it is never played, which is why the game mode was redesigned by Natty. The new objective mode is similar to sector push: The attacking team needs to blow up all targets in one sector to unlock the next. Objectives can be anything from radios over aa guns to parked tanks. They are marked on the minimap with a yellow star. If a sector is still locked, the objectives can not be blown up. There is a short delay before the new objectives spawn, giving the defending team time to set up their positions and making back sneaking very hard. As always, the attackers have to destroy all objectives to stop the bleed.

Operation Hyacinth

This was the original objective map, so naturally the new game mode was applied to it by Natty, alongside tons of other improvements.

The airfield is the first sector: Several Italian planes are just waiting to be blown up or machine gunned by SAS raiding parties.

In sectors 2 and 3 the objectives are Italian tanks and radio equipment.

Anctoville

This 2.25 map has been converted into an objective map, giving a whole new spin to its gameplay. Certain forum members will also be glad to hear that the British will now receive support from a Churchill tank.

In the first sector they will have to blast their way into the city, destroying several anti-tank barriers.

After that they have to go after anti air guns and radios before hitting the Germans where it really hurts: Their Panthers.

This new game mode will bring a totally new experience to FH2, combining the fast and aggressive gameplay of Sector Push with the joy of blowing things up. On both Anctoville and Hyacinth, Objective mode will be found in the 64 player layer, once 2.45 is released.

New tanks

Last but not least, here is a screenshot of the Sherman 105 that a member of the community requested. And because we are in a good mood, we will also throw in a Cromwell with 95mm gun.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
Re: Schadenfreude is the best Freude
« Reply #1 on: 28-06-2012, 16:06:45 »
Sweet!  :D
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28-06-2012, 16:06:26 »
That sounds awesome.
Like Bf3 Rush! and I love Bf3 Rush.

A pity that all these modes won't be playable in Coop because they could become my new favorites and I'd want to play them all day long. Well, at least the days Im at home. Damn weak AI.

But looking forward to the experience in MP.

Offline ww2fighter20

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28-06-2012, 18:06:40 »
great news I love objective modes I hope we will see more in future maps.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28-06-2012, 18:06:10 »
Whoa! :o Getting more and more excited about the next version!

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28-06-2012, 18:06:38 »
Woah awesome!

Offline F.E.Glöckner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28-06-2012, 18:06:03 »
Can the Germans use the Panther on new anctonville?

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28-06-2012, 18:06:46 »
Very nice stuff there ! Keep it coming :)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28-06-2012, 19:06:47 »
Can the Germans use the Panther on new anctonville?

No they can't, the Panthers are "parked" and the germans job is to defend them against the ninja brits

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28-06-2012, 21:06:37 »
Nice to see objectives in 64.

[...]once 2.45 is released.

Can't wait ^^
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)

Offline Sir_Pee_Alot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29-06-2012, 01:06:48 »
this is going to be great cant wait :)

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29-06-2012, 01:06:43 »
There is just so much to comment on in this Dev Blog... I was literally giggling with excitement as I read through each section haha.

1. Objective mode is going to be 'effing sweet. And I love that it's incorporated into the new sector push methodology as well.
2. I am so infinately pumped that Anctoville and Hyacinth are getting some well deserved lovin'. I've been saying for years now that these two maps have SO much potential, all they needed was a little tweaking.
3. Extremely well thought out move having the 64 player layer as the objective mode. It will see a lot more play time now.
4. The Sherman 105 and the 95mm Cromwell are going to be an absolute blast (pun ;)) to play with!
5. Holy freaking crap. Not only are we getting a TON of new material for the upcoming patch, EVERYTHING I thought I knew about FH is going to be turned upside down! The existing maps are getting so many improvements, King of the Hill-Sector Push-Objectives game modes will bring SO much more diversity to the game, and this isn't even the release information!

And to think that just a couple months ago I was getting worried FH was slowing down ::)

I literally just want to stand up and applaud the entire FH team right now. Especially Natty and Ts4EVER. Natty, it is incredibly apparent you put an unbelievable amount of time working towards the next release and I can't wait to play all the maps you've tweaked. And Ts4EVER, thanks so much for stepping up and writing up all these recent Dev blogs.

I would like to offer my personal sincere thank you to the entire FH team. I absolutely love this game. I'm not a "gamer" by any stretch of the imagination, but Forgotten Hope has had me captivated for the past seven years. Keep up the great work guys, and don't forget for a minute how much we all appreciate what you've done.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29-06-2012, 09:06:22 »
Wow! A couple of days ago after reading the King of the Hill mode post I started thinking that it might be good idea that Fh2 devs re-introduce 'Capture the flag' or 'Gold rush' modes once again.....lo and behold came this new post.
Hyacinth looks absolutely gorgeous with the new night lighting. Have managed to play this map in objective mode only a couple of times in the past and it was always great...especially if you were in a good teamplay oriented squad.
Anctoville: Since it was introduced I've always loved this map mainly because of the rain and gloom & doom looks. The new play modes will make it far more interesting. One question: How will the British Engineers destroy the wall and gates?...simply by throwing grenades/satchel charges or does one need a special kit? (PDH Engi. Kit)? Thanks Ts4Ever!
Finally the new tanks look fantastic!
All in all a GREAATT update! Excellent job devs!!
« Last Edit: 29-06-2012, 19:06:12 by Raziel »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29-06-2012, 12:06:43 »
Barriers are blown up by satchels or Composite B.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29-06-2012, 12:06:43 »
awesome things are happening, most def... would love to see objective mode on St. Lo one day (perhaps the 32p version? or add another 64p version if possible) :)

im so pumped for the release!