Author Topic: Road to Forgotten Hope 2.4: Part 1  (Read 17062 times)

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
Re: Road to Forgotten Hope 2.4: Part 1
« Reply #120 on: 12-07-2011, 03:07:42 »
I hope there wont be a gun unlocking reward system? Right???
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 12-07-2011, 03:07:38 »
I see that the new awards system is only in English Language. I know that the devs are limited in terms of languages, would you accept fan-made translations to the page? I think that would certainly help a bit to promote FH2 ranking and the game itself。

We Chinese FH2 community could provide

-Simplified Chinese
-Traditional Chinese

translations with excellent quality.
« Last Edit: 12-07-2011, 04:07:20 by General_Henry »

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 12-07-2011, 03:07:43 »
8 pages of comments, and nothing about the awards system?

i consider that a good think :P.

btw, those bottlenecks in Hürtgen concern me a bit, i dont like to not be able to flank a well defended objective. other than that, all those features sound like gold =D

Hurtgen doesn't result in Tunis or Ramelle style bottlenecks where tactics and brute force are the major factors.
Due to being able to chose the route of attack, its generally more open ended. I believe the idea is that the team which has better coordination will win.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #123 on: 12-07-2011, 03:07:06 »
I hope there wont be a gun unlocking reward system? Right???
Nope, the biggest effect the stats have ingame is a rank insignia next to your name in the tab player list.

btw, those bottlenecks in Hürtgen concern me a bit, i dont like to not be able to flank a well defended objective. other than that, all those features sound like gold =D
While you can't really outflank each flag individually, you can outflank that whole avenue as a whole (since I think that no team can hold 3 flags at once).

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 12-07-2011, 05:07:35 »
im so excited!!!!!!!!!!! July 15, FH2 release my favorite mod ever and also Brytenwalda new version release, another awesome mod (for Mount & Blade Warband)   :D :D

Offline Guderian

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 12-07-2011, 05:07:09 »
I see that the new awards system is only in English Language. I know that the devs are limited in terms of languages, would you accept fan-made translations to the page? I think that would certainly help a bit to promote FH2 ranking and the game itself。

-Simplified Chinese
-Traditional Chinese

I think the person you'd want to contact via a PM would be Spitfire.

Also, after 2.4 gets released we will be starting a new contributors program that I will coordinate, for the community to help with things like localization files and website translations. Stay tuned.

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 12-07-2011, 05:07:19 »
Nice I love how 2.4 is a turning point in Fh2 history.
« Last Edit: 12-07-2011, 05:07:55 by Alakazou »

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 12-07-2011, 07:07:23 »
Okay boys, heading to bead and expecting a news update in the mornin!!!!
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 12-07-2011, 07:07:37 »
OMG! OMG! What a great update devs! U guys are awesome!
Thanks!

Editing my post after recovering from the black out caused by this awesome update: Ehemm!

1) Love how the new map looks. Forest looks so eerie! Screenshots scream epicness!
2) Never played without crosshair so this for me will be a real new challenge -absolutely love the idea & challenge this will offer. (PS sometime ago played Fh2 in immersion mode and it was gorgeous but really difficult for first time users)
3) Good job re the smoke shells on mortars. It will give mortar arty more flexibility and will be more useful.
4) Ranks: I like the idea and as someone above mentioned it gives you an ego boost when you receive an award after a whole round fixing vehicles etc. but I am really afraid that this will further compromise teamwork in this AWESOME mod! I really hope that people will not start going Stat ramboing like in vanilla Bf2 and am sorry to say- players of the 762 server.

All in all excellent update. Can't thank you devs + testers enough for this great midsummer surprise! Beats everything! Eagerly awaiting the release of 2.4!
« Last Edit: 12-07-2011, 08:07:56 by Raziel »

Offline TheRevoluzer

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 12-07-2011, 07:07:38 »
Will there be again a preload available for the people with a lower download rate?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 12-07-2011, 07:07:43 »
It is a tradition for FH to release a pre-load torrent for those who want to get to playing it the moment password is available in friday, so yes, expect a torrent release for this version of FH2 too.

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #131 on: 12-07-2011, 07:07:10 »
After a long and hard 9 months .... Heh somebody was "pregnant" with ideas :P  8)

Priestdk

« Reply #132 on: 12-07-2011, 08:07:31 »
The 3 patchs in Hurtgen arent as narrow as you would think, and like kev already said the germans have to defend all 3 lines witch will release the preasure a little on the US, also if you read the description on the minimap screen the US only really need 2 patchs cleard to advance further then the actual forrest.

If you run around like a headless chicken like i know some of you guys doo somtimes;-) well then you are going to get slaughterd as one on this map.
cover and consealment on this map is your friend.

Offline Atkins

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 12-07-2011, 08:07:52 »
The first major change to infantry combat is that the crosshair has now been removed from use.

Excellent \o/

Can't wait to try the new version.

Ps. new forum looks nice as well.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 12-07-2011, 09:07:11 »

-Simplified Chinese
-Traditional Chinese

I think the person you'd want to contact via a PM would be Spitfire.

Also, after 2.4 gets released we will be starting a new contributors program that I will coordinate, for the community to help with things like localization files and website translations. Stay tuned.

Maybe, voice overs also.... Using my all inclusive commo-rose and voice scripts? :)
http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af85/djinn424/InfantryBasic.png

We need to talk Guderian. PM maybe. I think its time :D

@Topic
Ijustfinishedacupofcoffeewithscantbreakfasttogo withitandwhenI sawthistopic,Iwaslike'FUUUU',cuz I'malreadyontheedgeasis.
LOVE the whole ball of wax - TOTALLY lo-ove iT!
IfFH2lookslikethatingame,Iswear man,I'mgoingtogetaddicted, Itellya.F...ingaddicted
Iwanttohearthenewsounds for one,Igathertherehavebeenimprovementsinthat department also.
Thenthereisthe wholetheater.... I mean, seriously,IdontthinkI'vebeen thishappy sinceNormany!!!!!

Can'twaitforFriday!SolookingfowardtotheWednesdayupdate...andEspeciallytheRleasevideo....GermanMarch...ItMUSTBETHEGERMANMARCHSONG-NOUPDATEEVERNEEDEDITMORE....

wAIT... AM I sHOUting?,,,, Damn you COFFEE - damn you all to HELL!! :)