Author Topic: Operation Hyacinth 64  (Read 12018 times)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Hyacinth 64
« Reply #15 on: 24-10-2012, 07:10:11 »
It does stay shining on the ground when its landed, so I wouldnt call them the same thing.

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09-01-2013, 21:01:36 »
we need a breda aa near airfield  8)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09-01-2013, 21:01:27 »

In the 32 Objective mode?

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24-01-2013, 19:01:14 »
That would be sexy
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10-04-2014, 15:04:24 »
2.46 changelog for Operation Hyacinth 64

• Objectives are totally and utterly fixed on all maps!
  • The Allied bleed speed reduced from 15 to 13 tickets per minute.
  • Spawning overhaul - reverted to pre-2.45 spawning split between teams, additional spawn points at the outpost between the Allied base and Barce, other less dramatic changes.
  • Moved 2 Mc.202 objectives inside the hangar, replacing 2 static Mc.202 there.
  • All Italian trucks and cars removed.
  • All minefields removed.
  • All commander artillery removed, since smokes are useless and flares are weird.
  • New sniper pickup kit for the Italians - the captured Pattern rifle + the usual Italo-German stuff.
  • Cosmetic (visual) fixes.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #20 on: 13-04-2014, 22:04:35 »
Just had to !runnext because the stars on the minimap did not show.
Objects ingame did also not appear (no tanks).

Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #21 on: 14-04-2014, 05:04:55 »
Okay, I asked Neo82,

we had a fix for the objectives mode in FH2.45.

But the 2 servers are vanilla FH2.46. No changes to the python files have been made.

Regards,
Odium.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14-04-2014, 12:04:58 »
Could it be that only you and other guys near the Allied main didn't see the objective stars? If the players at the airfield didn't complain about missing objectives, then I think I know what's the issue: objective stars aren't shown on your minimap if you're far away from them (the same as it happens with other vehicle icons). It doesn't mean that objectives don't exist and you can't destroy them. I'll fix this "invisibility" bug.
Also, just in case, the tanks spawn with 30 seconds delay after all the planes are destroyed.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #23 on: 14-04-2014, 16:04:19 »
Last news, the map ran yesterday:

« Last Edit: 15-04-2014, 16:04:14 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02-05-2014, 23:05:41 »
Thank you Odium for actually taking the time to post things here instead of just whining about it in all chat like all the ppl I played with today. :)

A quick thing I found, my FPS drops HEAVILY in the D-5/6 area. (other ppls FPS was dropping too) I believe these objects to be the culprit. I looked at them without any explosions going on or anything and my fps dropped to 20-30 ish

i normally get around 90-100 fps on this map/all maps

As for the map itself, I feel like it hasn't had a lot of play testing despite being in FH2 since the early days. Objective mode has been broken for a lot of it, and ppl voted to play the conquest version instead for a long time. If I'm being honest I haven't seen the LRDG win this one in a long time tho. (maybe once) Playing it today as NZ, our team didn't have the best SLs, but it was still almost impossible to even get on the airfield. (Not to mention about 1/4th of the way through about 10ppl decided to boycott the map and sit in main shooting flares at trucks ::))

There was also about 85-95 players on at the time which I think had a lot to do with it. This map isn't totally fit for 64+ imo, the Italians can cover 360 around the airfield if they're coordinated (which they were). But I still think a well coordinated NZ team (that has ppl that actually care about playing) can make this map a lot of fun to play. I don't think it's entirely unbalanced at all.

I like the removal of the minefields btw, leaves a lot of room for avenues of attack and bottlenecks the map less.

I've always loved this map :); the atmosphere, the concept, it's wonderful. Even when we get crushed it's fun as hell for me but ik a lot of the ppl who bitch on the server feel very differently. I want to think of more ways to improve this map but just the fps drop report for now :) 

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03-05-2014, 00:05:47 »
Are you sure the lag is not because of someone using the searchlight?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03-05-2014, 01:05:23 »
Are you sure the lag is not because of someone using the searchlight?

Don't think so. I ran around in front of ppl using searchlights all round and the fps never dropped too much. But when I went into that area it was REALLY noticeable. Other ppl said they had fps drops in that area too.

EDIT: I just went to that area on an empty server and the fps was fine. Do you think the searchlight would cause a problem even if I can't see it? You can see in my screenshots there were no flares going off or searchlights that I could see.
« Last Edit: 03-05-2014, 01:05:08 by Matthew_Baker »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Open Question to All FH2 Players:
« Reply #27 on: 19-09-2014, 01:09:05 »
Open Question to All FH2 Players: What don't you like about this map? :P

Ok so obviously not everyone hates this map. (I, for one, get a huge wave of nostalgia and immersion whenever it pops up in the server rotation)
But if I'm being honest, I think it's pretty clear that this map is one of the least liked maps in the mod. :-\

Aside from the fact that every round has someone who complains about whatever's ailing them that day; this is one of the few maps that comes on that provokes a unanimous decision to call for a map change.

Just after the last round ended today Hyacinth started to load up; and literally 20-30 people decided to call it quits for the night because this map loaded. Even the few people that stuck around wanted to see the map go; "Let the other team steamroll us to get this map over with."

I've even seen people actively boycott the map, sitting in main or just going afk until the round timed out. This seems to happen almost every time this map gets loaded.

So I'd like to ask everyone, what don't you like about this map? (or why do you think  other people don't like this map?)

My thoughts;
-people think the map is too dark and people overall hate night maps because they're harder to play during they day with glare on your comp screen etc...
-I think a lot of the casual FH players have some prejudice towards this map after the bad wrap it's gotten from broken code etc...
-It's not Normandy, most casual FHers hate the old desert maps, I see a lot of people calling for blood when El Al or Mersa Matruh comes on, I feel like this map suffers the same and it's exaggerated by the other problems.
-it's a long way to die for the NZ team. their main base is pushed pretty far back and it's easy enough to take a truck to the front, but with the countless mine bottlenecks and breda firing squads, there's a lot of 'spawn-die' gameplay for NZ before one squad breaks though and rushes an objective.
-this same 'spawn-die' gameplay results in the Italians becoming bored sitting next to planes that noone can even get to for 20min.

My experience is that this map really picks up once that first sector gets passed; the fighting gets tighter, NZ gets some closer spawns and the Slers have some places to hide aside form open desert.

I think most of the problems with this map lie in the first sector not being fun to play, and the idea that this map has a bad reputation in the FH2 community.

I honestly want to know people's thoughts on this tho. I've racked my brain for a while trying to put myself in the casual FHer's shoes to see why this map is so hated. So now i'm asking you. So far this thread has been mostly:
'objective mode is broken'
'you sure?'
'yup'
'works now'
'still broken'
'ok fine now'
'still broken'
etc...
so now that objective mode is working fine, let's get some legitimate feedback here. :)

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #28 on: 19-09-2014, 01:09:53 »
As a player:

- Having to run/drive/glide across open field into Italian machine guns without cover.
- the first half is only running uphill for the Allies.
- this is not LRDG - the Italians know you're coming - no surprise effect -> slaughter.
- and the best at the end: Allied uniforms glow like target markers in the dark. You might as well run around with sparkling pink dresses, swinging a strobe light. There is no sneaking in.

- I have always considered the town fighting the best part of this map. The trouble is, you almost never get there. Running across the field over and over frustrates every allied player to a point where he just quits the map. Me included, I have to admit. Maybe removing the minefields to make it less dull to run into the Italian open arms could fix it. Or just to cutting back the map to the town part only.

- As server admin:

- we want to keep playing every Map that FH2 has to offer. But it is apparrent that this map is not animating players to stay on the servers.
« Last Edit: 19-09-2014, 01:09:52 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19-09-2014, 01:09:47 »
IIRC there will be changes to this in the next patch, like removal of mines etc. Until then just take it out of rotation if people don't like it.