Author Topic: About the boards...  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
About the boards...
« on: 06-05-2009, 15:05:09 »
Right now, the current system for user titles is that Special people (Devs, Forum Mods, and Admins) have special User Titles.  I'm not saying that we all need user titles, the little space for a comment (in my case, "Whatever happens, happens.") is enough for me.

The other issue is that there are currently only two tiers of "Member Titles," the ones tied to post counts.  Currently we have "Newbie" for anyone with less than 50 posts and "Jr. Member" for anyone with more than 50 posts (all the way up to Fuchs with over 600 posts, that dirty little spammer...).  I'm not sure, but I'm fairly certain the guys in charge (Forum Admins or whatever) can change the amount of posts needed to "advance" to the next level, as well as change what the actual names of the different levels are.  Maybe we could change the "tiers" to 25 posts->100 posts->250 posts->500 posts->etc (or whatever the guys in charge decide) and change the names so that they have something to do with Forgotten Hope.  I suggest the names of the tiers (at least a few of them) be FH inside jokes (like one tier could be "Grass Ninja," another could be "Ridable Wolf," maybe "Maus Hunter").  Or it could go more serious and maybe be Military ranks or something.

I just think the system needs to be refined from what I assume to be the impersonal defaults.  I know we're pretty well established here, but it wouldn't hurt to make this place feel more like home, right?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: About the boards...
« Reply #1 on: 06-05-2009, 15:05:37 »
One to reach 1000 posts should gain a rank "GooGel" because that would be the definate sign of spam master, the lord of flood.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #2 on: 06-05-2009, 16:05:25 »
Dirty little spammer? Name my spam posts please then fill in the complaint paper and come back to the information desk.
I say no against this idea since this would make people post more 'becoz i wand to be riddeble wulf ya know!!11'
Heck, if I had a forum we had no post count. It makes people call you spammer since you post serious stuff alot.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #3 on: 06-05-2009, 18:05:31 »
I'm indifferent to the whole post related ranks - either way is good for me.  I just want to congratulate whoever put Lighning in the Dreamcrusher group.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-05-2009, 18:05:15 »
Haha yes, I totally forgot that but thats one of the best things I've seen on these forums!
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06-05-2009, 22:05:07 »
2000 posts, and you get the rank of Lafette gunner ;)

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06-05-2009, 22:05:55 »
Customization ftw!
Great idea.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline GooGeL

• FH-Betatester
  • Shedmaster
    • View Profile
    • WOLFgaming.net
« Reply #7 on: 06-05-2009, 23:05:39 »
One to reach 1000 posts should gain a rank "GooGel" because that would be the definate sign of spam master, the lord of flood.
Miss me already eh...

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07-05-2009, 03:05:48 »
Miss me already eh...

we'll always miss you. We'll miss when you're gone when you're here, and we'll miss you when you're gone.
/friendly sarcasm

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07-05-2009, 08:05:05 »
Dirty little spammer? Name my spam posts please then fill in the complaint paper and come back to the information desk.
I say no against this idea since this would make people post more 'becoz i wand to be riddeble wulf ya know!!11'
Heck, if I had a forum we had no post count. It makes people call you spammer since you post serious stuff alot.

Fuchs, I apologize that sarcasm doesn't translate well with text-based communication.  It was a joke, dude.  I know you make good posts.

And the whole reason for this suggestion was just to make the forums more personal, or more tailored to Forgotten Hope.  It was not to encourage spamming to get to the next level.  I don't now about you guys, but whenever I try a new game, or join a new forum or buy a new electronic, I tailor it to fit my needs.  Change the controls, fiddle with the options, get a different ringtone, and make it belong to me.  In this case the new thing is the forum and the people in charge should tailor it to fit the community better.  That's all I'm saying.

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07-05-2009, 08:05:08 »
The Highest Rank you can get is the "Dönutz" Rank. you need 20.000 posts.  ;D

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07-05-2009, 17:05:37 »

Fuchs, I apologize that sarcasm doesn't translate well with text-based communication.  It was a joke, dude.  I know you make good posts.

And the whole reason for this suggestion was just to make the forums more personal, or more tailored to Forgotten Hope.  It was not to encourage spamming to get to the next level.  I don't now about you guys, but whenever I try a new game, or join a new forum or buy a new electronic, I tailor it to fit my needs.  Change the controls, fiddle with the options, get a different ringtone, and make it belong to me.  In this case the new thing is the forum and the people in charge should tailor it to fit the community better.  That's all I'm saying.
I know you weren't that serious, my post also wasn't that serious, like I got an information desk, hehe.
And I completely understand what you mean but special ranks/titles may make people spam to get them, you know? Like in Vanilla BF2 people do everything to get rank up, creating stat padders.. Thats why I hate those ranks in games/forums, they ruin the original fun.