Author Topic: WarGame : European Escalation  (Read 6260 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: WarGame : European Escalation
« Reply #15 on: 20-02-2012, 17:02:11 »
Ya, its defiently RUSE + WiC. Imo

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20-02-2012, 19:02:46 »
Doesnt matter
Im getting it
i have been long waiting for this type of cold war game. And since R.U.S.E had alot of armies, i think this one will have it aswel

Hell yeah, you are swamped in Armies. ^^

Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21-02-2012, 01:02:11 »
Haven't played WiC but Ruse and this reminds me to Ruse. Ruse suffered from the fritter on micromanagement. You cannot create a game giving the player a high command level but force him also to do the micromanagement of single units.

That is why I consider CoH that trend-setting. You give a few orders and the units do the rest unattended. So I'm not really convinced of this game yet.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21-02-2012, 02:02:34 »
Swamped in Armies??

8)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21-02-2012, 02:02:46 »
so many!

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21-02-2012, 03:02:56 »
Swamped in Armies??

8)

They are all realistic?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21-02-2012, 03:02:20 »
Swamped in Armies??

8)

They are all realistic?

I don't know enough about modern weapons and armies to tell, however, the armies in the ww2 version of the game are very realistic.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21-02-2012, 07:02:47 »
Is that Indonesia or Monaco? (besides Japan's flag)

How are we going to fight the almighty Chobham armour? Our biggest tank is FV101 Scorpion 90. Its puny 90 mm cannon can't puncture any shit.

Swamping so many armies in a single game for the sake of it sometimes are just getting pointless.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21-02-2012, 08:02:14 »
Swamped in Armies??
 8)

We are talking 2012 here. More than 4 armies without DLC is SWAMPED!  ;D
Plus guess where W:EE takes place. :) Yes zis is cold var Jermany. ^^

That is why I consider CoH that trend-setting. You give a few orders and the units do the rest unattended. So I'm not really convinced of this game yet.

Define unattended, here you give the units the RoE and they will behave accordingly.
« Last Edit: 21-02-2012, 08:02:26 by DLFReporter »

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21-02-2012, 12:02:02 »
Btw I spy t-34 85 on that picture with all units  ;D

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21-02-2012, 12:02:14 »
Is there a demo for the game? I really don´t want to pre-order it, be used as Beta tester and then find out it sucks.
The 1-hour intro video was quite interesting and the scenario itself is quite cool, but I just hate that the games devs/publisher seem to have jumped on that annoying bandwagon EA, TWI and seemingly most major developers/publishers follow, where you have to actually preorder a game to test it. 
I´m not sure if it´d be too much micro-management for me, so I don´t want to spend money on a game I wouldn´t like...
But without a way of actually trying it out for free I guess I´ll have to do without it.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21-02-2012, 12:02:59 »
Iirc Eugene Systems will bring a free weekend like they did with RUSE like a month or two after the release.
The good thing with Steam is that you can cancel your pre-order if you don't like the game, I've done that with 2 games by now and both were refunded.

But yes, this game requires 'micromanagement' to a certain degree, as it is a game solely based on units and has 'no' buildings (one or more resupply depots, which can be captured/destroyed, but that's it). You can send units into an area and they will work autonomously, but when it comes to using their full potential, then you have to direct them yourself. Like ordering BMPs/infantry to hold their fire till the tanks are in AT missile range and such nice little tricks.
« Last Edit: 21-02-2012, 12:02:12 by DLFReporter »

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21-02-2012, 12:02:11 »
Free weekend sounds alright, but still, a proper demo would´ve been nice. It feels like more and more games come without demos nowadays, which I think is a sign of bad consumer policies...
The "deck" idea is quite nice and reminds me a bit of tabletop wargames, where you have to create army lists from books. I´m not a big fan of base building, so that´s definately a plus.

The game is being released in 2 days, so there´s probably not enough time to preorder, download, test and cancel it. I´ll just wait for a free weekend then.

Oh, also, unlocking units....not a big fan of that...  :-\
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21-02-2012, 17:02:59 »
Acquire the game in another way. Look if you like it, if you like it, buy it. If you don't then don't buy it. That's what I do when there's no demos.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21-02-2012, 21:02:51 »
I don't know enough about modern weapons and armies to tell, however, the armies in the ww2 version of the game are very realistic.
Last time I checked WinSPMBT, at least the Finnish army file was very close to the real deal, down to the funny sounding names and technical terms and even the years in service were close enough to be believable. IIRC the team actively gathered info from voluntary contributors all over the world, so they did not just go and say "here's Uruguay, lol, should be close enough".
Swamping so many armies in a single game for the sake of it sometimes are just getting pointless.
The "exotic" armies (from European/US POV) are there to enable to simulate a "local" conflict, not to pit the military might of Cambodia against the US. Also, the points cost of a single Abrams allows you to probably buy a company of 90mm armed tanks, ensuring that some of them survive to make penetrating side or rear shots.
« Last Edit: 21-02-2012, 21:02:00 by Kelmola »