Author Topic: How about a Chinese Front?  (Read 12866 times)

Offline m1rock

• View Profile
How about a Chinese Front?
« on: 26-07-2009, 07:07:40 »
Probably the most neglected theater of WWII games because there wasn't any major huge decisive victories but I think a handful of maps taking place in China would be interesting.  Perhaps a three way battle between Nationalists, Communists, and the Japanese.   Shanghai for example was pretty much the Stalingrad of the Orient.  Some new weapons that could be introduced would be the Chiang Kai-shek and Hanyang 88 rifles Mauser C96 pistols and the Dadao for melee combat.   I think it would be interesting having a battle that relied on brutal close quarter and melee combat with the Dadao being used against the Japanese Shin guntō  as neither side had sub machine-guns available.  (and yes I know about the type 100 but is was pretty rare on the battlefield and not used till later in the war)

So what one could have is a close quarters battle with bolt action rifles, pistols, and powerful melee weapons along with APCs as support to give more dynamics to the mod.   Now I know something like this would be along time coming because the Japanese are not even in the mod yet but  I think it would be interesting and something to add while doing up the pacific maps.   It would also add a change of scenery outside jungles and islands for the Japanese.  What do you all think?  ???

p.s.  I added a clip from a Chinese WWII film to give some sort of example  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuBDZkyrMhI
« Last Edit: 26-07-2009, 07:07:14 by m1rock »

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: How about a Chinese Front?
« Reply #1 on: 26-07-2009, 07:07:50 »
Maybe Later?

azreal

« Reply #2 on: 26-07-2009, 07:07:34 »
So what one could have is a close quarters battle with bolt action rifles, pistols, and powerful melee weapons along with APCs as support to give more dynamics to the mod.   Now I know something like this would be along time coming because the Japanese are not even in the mod yet but  I think it would be interesting and something to add while doing up the pacific maps.   It would also add a change of scenery outside jungles and islands for the Japanese.  What do you all think?  ???

You answered your own question...

Offline m1rock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-07-2009, 07:07:28 »
I know.  Just food for thought.   I mean this is the suggestions section is it not? :-\

azreal

« Reply #4 on: 26-07-2009, 07:07:41 »
Yes it is but...
In this forum you can post any suggestions you may have for Forgotten Hope 2. Please keep in mind that someone else may already have had the same idea you have, so to prevent making two threads on the same subject, see if the subject you want to talk about hasn't already been discussed.

Another important thing to remember before posting a suggestion is that Forgotten Hope has a limited development team. We cannot possibly make every single vehicle and weapon for this mod, so we have to make priorities. As a result, very rare vehicles will probably not be included any time soon, so suggesting them is of little use. On the other hand, we have qualified historical researchers, so suggesting vehicles like the Sherman tank and Panzer IV is also pointless.

When making a suggestion, please be detailed. A simple post saying "How about an Omaha Beach map?" is pointless and may even be deleted. Also, make sure your thread title is descriptive of its contents. A thread with the title "A suggestion" will be edited.

Offline m1rock

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26-07-2009, 07:07:01 »
I respect and understand the situation of the mod team.   To be honest I have always been extremely impressed with their resourcefulness.   The reason I brought it up though is that I always thought the Chinese Theater was kind of the elephant in the room of WWII.  Much more significant then people think yet for some reason often ignored.   I was just curious if the developers or community shared my views on the subject, and if the idea to include it ever came up, not to demand that it be included.    

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26-07-2009, 07:07:12 »
Hey, you got allies.

Chinese Playermodels, they just need a BIG skin, but the base is done.

Voice Commands, they sound modern, maybe some Tweaking, like Distortion or something.

Statics, again, some are modern, other arent.

I think we will see the Chinese Forces, whit a very FEW maps, someone (Fan Mapper) can make some maps using that faction.

Offline m1rock

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26-07-2009, 07:07:46 »
Thanks man!   I was also kinda thinking the same thing.  Since the Chinese are already included in the game it might be a fairly easy add for someone to do compared to a ground up rebuild.   I wish I was as skilled as some of the modders for this outstanding project are because that would be my contribution.   ;D   This may sound goofy due to the scope of the battlefield games but ever since the original release of '42 Ive always found sudden melee combat to be adrenaline pumping excitement and really adding to the atmosphere.  I think a fan map or any map that threw in the much neglected Chinese as well as challenged players rifle and melee skills without heavy armor or SMGs would be kinda interesting.  

« Last Edit: 26-07-2009, 07:07:52 by m1rock »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26-07-2009, 08:07:43 »
I highly doubt Chinese will be neglected, if and when FH2 makes it to the Pacific theater.  however they would be late coming into the mod, IF the mod makes it there, and then only after the Commonwealth and Americans are in (being more popular/famous).  Much like the Finnish, Hungarian, and Rumanian armies, China will have to wait.

Offline m1rock

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26-07-2009, 08:07:26 »
Forgive me for being slightly OT but do you know why the Chinese are less popular a WWII subject among those with an interest in WWII?    They lost around 20 million people during WWII. Their combat related deaths only surpassed by Germany and Russia.  One would think those kinds of losses would at least bring them infamy but surprisingly little seems to be mentioned of them during WWII in regards to most publications on the subject.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26-07-2009, 10:07:47 »
because there wasn't any major huge decisive victories

Thats why we dont see China "Nationalist" or Warlords in Games. The only game i know, whit all chinese factions fighting between them and against japan in Hearts of Iron 1,2 and 3.

Well, acutally, i can clearly see myself and many other guys playing as Hungarian, theres a couple of guys working on it, so it could be possible, same whit the Finnish (If not expect heavy attacks from the Flippy faction), France is more likely going to be in FH2 (A weapon shows the french flag, and since Bir Hakeim has been deleted from Gazala, there could be a separate map called Bir Hakeim.., and again, Johannes will attack, for sure).

But these factions have to waiiiiiit, alot.

I think the next theater would be the Eastern Front, or italy, italy seems possible since it needs nothing but a some new statics and stuff, the Eastern front needs alot more, and not to talk about the Pacific.

Could be interesting, the devs can make a deal, whit BFK. They have the Czech Zb vz.26 (China had these Machineguns), the Gewehr 98 (When i played it, i tought it was a Gerwehr 98 or a Chiang Kai Sheck rifle) and some other stuff. And FH2 can give something else, like some coding or animations.. who knows, it would be good.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26-07-2009, 11:07:33 »
Forgive me for being slightly OT but do you know why the Chinese are less popular a WWII subject among those with an interest in WWII?    They lost around 20 million people during WWII. Their combat related deaths only surpassed by Germany and Russia.  One would think those kinds of losses would at least bring them infamy but surprisingly little seems to be mentioned of them during WWII in regards to most publications on the subject.

Sadly, its just not what's "in" in popular circles.  Most people just want to see the usual fest of "AMERICANS GUNGHO KILLING NAZIS AND JAPPSSS!!!1111" and think that the entire british war effort after the BAttle of Britian consisted of SAS raids.

So, unforunetly, the incredible histories and stories of the combat in China, Burma/India, the Middle East, Balkans, the minor Axis Allies, and other areas of the war are just pushed aside=/

Biiviz

« Reply #12 on: 26-07-2009, 11:07:59 »

The Chinese don't have Hollywood.

Taranov

« Reply #13 on: 26-07-2009, 11:07:38 »
For chinese front need lots of new equipment and statics.

Offline Fenring

• Developer
  • Retired FH2 developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26-07-2009, 11:07:16 »
As taranov said there are very slim chances of this happening.