Author Topic: Steve Jobs is Dead  (Read 3776 times)

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
Steve Jobs is Dead
« on: 06-10-2011, 02:10:09 »
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/05/us/obit-steve-jobs/index.html

I'm not an avid fan of his products, but I do like my iPod.  His imagination and warmth he gives to the company will definitely be missed.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steve Jobs is Dead
« Reply #1 on: 06-10-2011, 02:10:01 »
<sigh>

This made today somewhat depressing :(  That man revolutionized technology...so much of what we use and own, indeed the things that allow us to even be on this forum conversing, are linked back to that guy's insight and skill.

RIP Steve :(

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-10-2011, 02:10:58 »
Apple sucked big time before he took it back in 2003.

I hope this doesn't end the good times Apple has been enjoying since his leadership. His idea might be plain dead simple, but it is the "human touch" that is mostly missing from many other sophisticated products (esp. military products).

Offline [WDW]Megaraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-10-2011, 04:10:35 »
I don't really like his current products, but if you go back in time to the 1970s the man revolutionized computing by bringing this little invention called the graphical user interface to desktop PCs. That was kind of a big deal. That was Steve Jobs' biggest achievement, not the slickly marketed expensive shiny things of the last 8 years which are technically inferior to other products.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-10-2011, 08:10:57 »
I hope this doesn't end the good times Apple has been enjoying since his leadership.
I hope this will end the good times Apple has been enjoying since his leadership.

I would much rather have seen the downfall of Apple and Jobs living to ripe old age, too bad things happened in the wrong order.
« Last Edit: 06-10-2011, 09:10:50 by Kelmola »

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06-10-2011, 09:10:14 »
Here's to a great Innovator and Inventor! RIP
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06-10-2011, 09:10:23 »
This is truly a sad day! Rip Steve Jobs

Offline SJonni

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06-10-2011, 10:10:07 »
I might not be a big Apple fan, but I'm a big Pixar fan! Without him we wouldn't have that.

RIP.

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06-10-2011, 11:10:55 »
I hope this doesn't end the good times Apple has been enjoying since his leadership.
I hope this will end the good times Apple has been enjoying since his leadership.

I would much rather have seen the downfall of Apple and Jobs living to ripe old age, too bad things happened in the wrong order.

This.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06-10-2011, 11:10:47 »

This.
Why? Seems like insult after injury. The man dead and his company bankrupt. A sad legacy you bestow on him.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06-10-2011, 11:10:30 »
No matter who would have founded Apple and whether he would be alive or not, I would wish for the downfall of Apple. But even for Apple's founder, I would have wished a long and healthy life as I would for any other human being.

Steve Jobs is survived by four children. Now that is a legacy worth having. Companies come and go.
« Last Edit: 06-10-2011, 11:10:34 by Kelmola »

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06-10-2011, 11:10:42 »

This.
Why? Seems like insult after injury. The man dead and his company bankrupt. A sad legacy you bestow on him.

Mostly because of Jobs we have to pay even higher taxes and many are losing their jobs, so don't wait symphaty from finns :P

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06-10-2011, 11:10:30 »
Oww haha I get, Nokia. Yeah it a shame it didn't work between Windows Mobile and Nokia.
I am still using a 5 year old Nokia, thing is indestructible  :)

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06-10-2011, 11:10:46 »
Oww haha I get, Nokia. Yeah it a shame it didn't work between Windows Mobile and Nokia.

It didn't work? We'll see that in next two months when they publish their first model.. Yeah, I have old Nokia too...

I didn't want anything bad to Jobs (R.I.P.), don't get me wrong. I just want everything bad to Apple.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06-10-2011, 11:10:22 »

It didn't work? We'll see that in next two months when they publish their first model.. Yeah, I have old Nokia too...

I didn't want anything bad to Jobs (R.I.P.), don't get me wrong. I just want everything bad to Apple.

The market is not really expecting any Magic from Nokia too happen, but let's be optimistic and see how it turns out. There are advantages in using the Windows Mobile Platform, especially with a Windows PC.