Author Topic: For you new drivers:  (Read 4116 times)

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: For you new drivers:
« Reply #30 on: 10-09-2010, 02:09:22 »
I hate bikers and yes, I drive car. Bikers never stay where they should be and ride like madmans and then I'm the one to be blamed if I hit someone. I wish I could see one day when all bikers follow rules.

Not saying warrior didn't follow rules, but that's just my feelings about relations between bike riders and car drivers.

Well, i can say the same about car drivers. They drive like maniacs, pass us with less then 10cm between us while going 5 times our speed, dont use there blinkers, cut us off. If the road is to small they start using there horn while we cant drive any closer the the side of the road. In short, car drivers are assholes.

Stop generalising people. There are always rotten apples in between unfortunatly.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10-09-2010, 02:09:49 »
car drivers are assholes.

Stop generalising people.

Um...                                                                    
« Last Edit: 10-09-2010, 02:09:13 by The Warrior (CnJ) »

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10-09-2010, 02:09:08 »
First part is a silly comeback, second part is what i meant. bikes hate cars, cars hate bikes, cars forget they where bikes once.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10-09-2010, 09:09:20 »
Well yes, not all bikers are idiots, but still, there are enough of them to make drivers think almost every biker must be idiot.

But to make you bikers feel better, there is group even more annoying than bikers. It's people who use these on roads with speedlimit of 80km/h or 100km/h:

I don't even know what those are called, but they take ALOT space and it's really dangerous to go pass, atleast on finnish, not so wide roads, that are still quite heavily used.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10-09-2010, 11:09:27 »
No. We were facing each other, head-on.  I was turning left.  They showed no sign of turning, no signal, nor were they slowing down.  As I went into the turn, I noticed a huge white shape behind me.  I looked and saw that they had pulled in behind me.  I had to turn even harder that I already was, which caused me to wipe out.  I was next to them as I fell.

Wow really, that driver must have had it in for you. It's hard to miss someone they way you describe it.
You didn't by any chance spotted a I <3 FH2 bumper sticker on it, that might explain things ;)

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #35 on: 10-09-2010, 12:09:54 »
I hate bikers and yes, I drive car. Bikers never stay where they should be and ride like madmans and then I'm the one to be blamed if I hit someone. I wish I could see one day when all bikers follow rules.

Not saying warrior didn't follow rules, but that's just my feelings about relations between bike riders and car drivers.

Well, i can say the same about car drivers. They drive like maniacs, pass us with less then 10cm between us while going 5 times our speed, dont use there blinkers, cut us off. If the road is to small they start using there horn while we cant drive any closer the the side of the road. In short, car drivers are assholes.

Stop generalising people. There are always rotten apples in between unfortunatly.
Well you do live in Belgium where you get the drivers license for free if you buy 2 packs of coffee.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10-09-2010, 12:09:36 »

Well you do live in Belgium where you get the drivers license for free if you buy 2 packs of coffee.

Was it only that easy. first you have a written exam witch is not that easy due to a time restriction. And (if you do it my way) you have to follow 20 hours of classes minimum for driving experience., and then a 3 month waiting period before you can do the practical exam that has a part driving and manoeuvring but also you have to be able to change oil, change tire and be able to point at the most important parts of the car.

The times you describe are already a few decades behind us unfortunately.

Also, once you have your licence its forever. Funny to see some peoples 70 years old licences from the time you just had to ask for one and you got it.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #37 on: 10-09-2010, 13:09:20 »
Unfortunately? Thank god those times are over, Belgians are killers in cars  :P
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 20-09-2010, 15:09:02 »
One has got to love bicycle lanes etc.
You got plenty of stupid, careless drivers... in any vehicle: cars, motorcycles, mopeds, bicycles, pedestrians etc.   Never expect to be spotted/seen or be granted right of way (be it in error or due to arrogance).

Offline GirlsHateMe

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21-09-2010, 12:09:54 »
What are blinkers ?

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21-09-2010, 12:09:01 »
It's the thing you don't use for fear it might brake and you need to replace it.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21-09-2010, 18:09:20 »
Damage report on my bike:

2 shattered/fractured pedals- $8

One completely destroyed seat- $30

If anything else is damaged that I can't see: deformed rims ($40) or flat inner tubes ($10) ...
Seeing The Warrior bleed .... priceless.

Har har har har!

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 21-09-2010, 21:09:06 »
It's the thing you don't use for fear it might brake and you need to replace it.

So I am not alone in this, good to hear ;D

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)