Author Topic: El Alamein 64  (Read 39448 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
El Alamein 64
« on: 29-03-2009, 11:03:35 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: El Alamein 64
« Reply #1 on: 31-03-2009, 13:03:46 »
I have serious issues with this map:

If it had a few more foxholes, defilades and grooves like Sidi Rezeigh. It works for tanks, but strategy is limited with such an open plane... And it sucks balls for infantry....

Perhaps a few more emplacements along the way between bases might also aid things

Offline Safe-Keeper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-04-2009, 01:04:25 »
I personally love the map, it has this nice slow gameplay that appeals to me, and coupled with long range firefights, it is very enjoyable. I don't understand why it isn't Push Mode, though. Is it to balance the fact that it's hard to take the ridges?

If it had a few more foxholes, defilades and grooves like Sidi Rezeigh. It works for tanks, but strategy is limited with such an open plane... And it sucks balls for infantry....
When the Bazooka is introduced you will see me with nothing but for the first sixty hours of gameplay ;D.

« Last Edit: 08-04-2009, 01:04:27 by Safe-Keeper »

azreal

« Reply #3 on: 08-04-2009, 04:04:44 »
I have serious issues with this map:

Perhaps a few more emplacements along the way between bases might also aid things

But thats how the desert is. It wasn't covered in busted tanks and craters. If you desire cover, just ride up in a heavy tank like the Sherman, Grant, or PzIV F2.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #4 on: 08-04-2009, 04:04:55 »
  Girls the both of you!  Just add more Kubels for the men!   ;)
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Safe-Keeper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-04-2009, 18:04:54 »
Agreed, they're fine as they are in the tank/infantry respect.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09-04-2009, 13:04:54 »
i have a suggestion, is that please, please make that tanks/infantry can't climb up to the miteriya ridge from the kidney side(also other i think "illegal" climbings), there's no road that and it's steep enough so i think it's not designed for moving up like that.

i would like to see an ammo kit on Miteriya ridge.

also, a little push system would be nice, that if one team holds both ridges the rear flags are locked. There's been too much jeep/kubel rush to rears.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09-04-2009, 13:04:56 »
When the Bazooka is introduced you will see me with nothing but for the first sixty hours of gameplay ;D.

this is wrong on many level
el al is german vs british, british dotn have bazookas they got the piat
and both will only be in normandy as they were not build/avaible at that time el alamein took place
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #8 on: 09-04-2009, 16:04:45 »
  Girls the both of you!  Just add more Kubels for the men!   ;)
Hell yes! More Kubels and 222's!
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Safe-Keeper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09-04-2009, 21:04:42 »
this is wrong on many level
el al is german vs british, british dotn have bazookas they got the piat
and both will only be in normandy as they were not build/avaible at that time el alamein took place
Never said otherwise. I said I was looking forward to a Bazooka, not that I was waiting for the Bazooka to be brought in by time machine to Africa.

And I think you meant 'levels'.  ;).

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09-04-2009, 21:04:12 »
i have a suggestion, is that please, please make that tanks/infantry can't climb up to the miteriya ridge from the kidney side(also other i think "illegal" climbings), there's no road that and it's steep enough so i think it's not designed for moving up like that.

There is at least one road to Miteriya from the west.  It's in the middle/southern part of the hill.  There is also a certain slope (on the northern tip) that some tanks (and possibly other vehicles/infantry) can climb up.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09-04-2009, 21:04:45 »

There is at least one road to Miteriya from the west.  It's in the middle/southern part of the hill.  There is also a certain slope (on the northern tip) that some tanks (and possibly other vehicles/infantry) can climb up.

Well, he means that the slope should be modded away, as it is not a road and should not be driveable for tanks.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11-04-2009, 00:04:02 »
More kubels/small transport vehicles is nice, but they should be spawning at capped flags. Right now, there's usually only an APC of some sort, I'd like to see more transportation. Also, could the camo net and shield be removed from the 88 in the south? It's the only 88 there and right now it's hard to use as AA.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11-04-2009, 09:04:47 »
More kubels/small transport vehicles is nice, but they should be spawning at capped flags. Right now, there's usually only an APC of some sort, I'd like to see more transportation. Also, could the camo net and shield be removed from the 88 in the south? It's the only 88 there and right now it's hard to use as AA.

but what about all those kubel rush to rear lines? this is sometimes very annoying. Personally i don't see it looked good when you see a bunch of kubels running at top speed towards enemy lines and rush to the rear flags and cap the hell out there.

Offline corsair89

• Cannon fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11-04-2009, 18:04:15 »
Also, could the camo net and shield be removed from the 88 in the south? It's the only 88 there and right now it's hard to use as AA.

I would also suggest to remove or modify the camo tent on the british 25 pounders so that we can fire on the northern flag (the flag we have at the beginning) without being self-killed because of one of the wodden pillars...