Author Topic: It's depressing as an American player.  (Read 1532 times)

Offline JellySoda

• View Profile
It's depressing as an American player.
« on: 07-02-2019, 01:02:05 »
Hello. I live in the central US, and I've played FH2 for a couple months now.

It's a great experience. I love taking a tank destroyer, finding a good ambush spot, and cutting off enemy armored reinforcements to the front, or getting your hands on a flamethrower and clearing that crucial objective building for your team to move in, or even just running ammo to your teammates who need it. However, one thing really depresses me when it comes to FH2.

The servers always die at the same time every single day. I understand 90% of the playerbase is in Europe, but Jesus is it rough as an American player. By the time us from the US are done with school or work and we get home at 4-5 o' clock in the afternoon, the servers are dead. Most of the time on a weekday the highest numbers I will ever see is in the 40-50s. Even then, it's not the same as a full server. Combat is short and in pockets in the most random places on the map, there's never a predictable front to fight on, and when the map ends, a good half of the current players will leave, effectively killing the server down to 5 people. This happens every single day, even on the weekends.

I'm not proposing any fixes or anything, I'm just kind of venting if you get what I mean. It's very depressing to have this game which you love to play online and chat with people and use teamwork to take down that Tiger or flank that objective, but being able to only play 1 match in the mid afternoon and thats it is rough.

The game needs to be advertised somehow. Maybe someone with a following for these games like Bluedrake or Phly or any other youtuber could play this again, even if they have before, and just get the word out there about the game. Have them tell people that you really don't even need to own BF2 anymore to play it, as there is a standalone installer here on the forums that many people use. It just sucks for myself and many other of the American players of FH2 that we barely get to play 1 full match on a weekday and then basically not being able to play at all unless you play with the singleplayer, very buggy bots who get stuck on rocks and small walls. That's all I wanted to say. I'm not trying to be hostile or anything, and I will continue to play this game every single day I can.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: It's depressing as an American player.
« Reply #1 on: 07-02-2019, 03:02:37 »
Hey man, I get it. I’m eastern US and it’s rough. I only ever play on the weekends if I’m not doing anything. I will say that we wanna try and get some American events going. We used to do WaW Thursday events at like 7pm EST once a week, but it died out. We have a feature on our discord, where you can ping people to come play, are you on the discord? (I don’t have the links right now).

You should join tho, maybe we can do some American events and bump the player base a bit so it stays later into the nights :)

Offline DarthTemoc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-02-2019, 04:02:13 »
I'm from Mexico, I have some pages with a lot of followers on Facebook and I want to provide the link to the stand alone version (playfh2.com), but im not sure if this could bring trouble to the mod. (I mean some EA shit or something) .

Offline JellySoda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-02-2019, 05:02:39 »
I'm from Mexico, I have some pages with a lot of followers on Facebook and I want to provide the link to the stand alone version (playfh2.com), but im not sure if this could bring trouble to the mod. (I mean some EA shit or something) .
FH has been around for a long time and I think EA just really either hasnt picked up on it or just doesnt care FH exists. We need more players, you should definately put it out there.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-02-2019, 10:02:42 »
This is just a matter of getting organized. Im quite positive that if for example americans get together and plan things, they can get games going. Just have to take bull by the horns.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-02-2019, 17:02:25 »
I just play on the weekends, you'll have a full server from about 11-5. I used to log off when it got much below full but lately realized that's it's pretty fun to stick around for a few 32 or 16-player rounds. And then you go out at night, ya dork!  :D
« Last Edit: 07-02-2019, 17:02:59 by Captain Pyjama Shark »

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-02-2019, 01:02:17 »
Sundays from 1est to 6est is fun.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21-02-2019, 04:02:09 »
Hop on our discord https://discord.gg/hU878P4

Offline Pavel_[RUS74]

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16-06-2019, 20:06:03 »
Hi!

(I apologize in advance for my poor knowledge of the language)

I would not say that this problem is typical only for american players (although the location of the servers, of course, affects the situation), it is rather the general state of affairs - that with a small number of people on the one hand, and with a large difference in time zones on the other, the result is a situation that each region has a number of players from 10 to 40-50, and 10-20 - in most cases, and 40-50 - only on weekends, during after school/work.

In the community of russian players, there are also cases of "kind of venting" ( ;) ) - since all the servers during the working week remain as "no more than 40 players", and only on weekends, in the evening, it is possible to play a party of 60 people, people also remain dissatisfied with the current situation.

I in that case can all offer only one - strongly recommend the mod familiar for the players, to create post-reviews on forums and websites (for example, your Reddit, or our gaming forums and websites about the gaming industry), including not only the description of the mod, but the installation path and register for play.
For example, by the end of the year I'm going to gather a group of 4-5 players, which will include my brothers and friends, with whom it was possible to gather every weekend on the Internet at a certain time (live in different cities, but time zones are not very different) to play "Left4Dead", "League of Legends", "WarThunder" or the same mod to "Battlefield 2".
And, say, if each player can entice at least one friend to the project (not necessarily for a constant game, just for fun and interest), then cards for 32 and 64 players will be played more often.

And if the old players obey the rules and behave decently and ethically in relation to the new players, the new arrivals can be long, and your friends to lure.