Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 4th September 2009: The Road to Forgotten Hope 2.2  (Read 36352 times)

Offline Rage51

• View Profile

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Selling Torrent password, 150 euros. Get it now people!
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
I am really confused with this torrent file, i've downloaded a .txt file, nothing that resembles a torrent.  is this right?

That will be the torret file... And its tiny, right? You need utorrent or another torrent app to use that file to download the actual thing... get utorrent or such, and you'd see that the file changes

Offline Cin3k33

• Lobo`s younger sister
    • View Profile
    • eXavs
Download speed sucks... 60% in 7h...

Offline corsair89

• Cannon fodder
    • View Profile
* Add Battle of Keren for testing (ctz)

I presume this map is not in 2.2, any chance to see it in a future release ?

And I saw that the Dorchester will be the Command vehicle in Normandy too, what will the German get ?

Offline SJonni

• View Profile
One question; How many maps are WIP that won't be released in 2.2?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
That is something for you to figure out.

Watch the test server alot and bribe mappers.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Rycon

• View Profile
When i read it TEARS OF JOY , boom.Never happen to me i guess this game is part of me now.

Good job devs.

Offline Big Lebowski

• View Profile
* Add Battle of Keren for testing (ctz)

I presume this map is not in 2.2, any chance to see it in a future release ?

And I saw that the Dorchester will be the Command vehicle in Normandy too, what will the German get ?

Maybe this: http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/images/news/138%20-%20251-6.jpg

Offline Lobo

• Developer
    • View Profile
I'm disappointed about the  3D sights :(
Of course, they look much better than I expected (see PR), but still...
You managed to keep the blur effect when in aiming down the sight! Rumors has it that doing that was impossible.

No, trust in us, they are awesome beyond belief, the screenshots don't make them justice, you must feel them ingame, is a totally new experience.

I was exceptic when this change was proposed (basically because it meant a helluva work to poly up the african weapons, that were not modeled with 3D sights in mind), but when I first tested ingame I inmediately fall in love. And 2D-3D sights were terrible with semiatomatic rifles, it was like to push a picture in front of your eyes, pathetic.

And yes, they have blur effect just like the old ones, the inmersion is top of the pops

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
I'm disappointed about the  3D sights :(
Of course, they look much better than I expected (see PR), but still...
You managed to keep the blur effect when in aiming down the sight! Rumors has it that doing that was impossible.

No, trust in us, they are awesome beyond belief, the screenshots don't make them justice, you must feel them ingame, is a totally new experience.

I was exceptic when this change was proposed (basically because it meant a helluva work to poly up the african weapons, that were not modeled with 3D sights in mind), but when I first tested ingame I inmediately fall in love. And 2D-3D sights were terrible with semiatomatic rifles, it was like to push a picture in front of your eyes, pathetic.

And yes, they have blur effect just like the old ones, the inmersion is top of the pops
I guess I should have learned to trust you in your judgements, you've made few faults (one including the reduction of suppression effect;) )
But I get your meaning, I trust that they are better now.
As I said, the only reference I have of 3d sights in BF2 mods is PR, and those suck.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
speed on the torrent is 80MB/s upload devided by 1455 leechers = 55KB/s down for everyone
not much but i should increase over time

getting faster every mimnute
87mb/s upload total now
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline SJonni

• View Profile
Alright, done downloading !

Offline [F|H] Duc

• View Profile
35 minutes left  :D

Offline dutch

• FHT - F|H Tournament Founder
    • View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
And now pray it is not a corrupt file ;)
"Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire."

www.forgottenhonor.com