Author Topic: Crash When I try to join a server  (Read 641 times)

Offline Baked_Potato

• View Profile
Crash When I try to join a server
« on: 04-04-2018, 18:04:29 »
Hi all,

So I use to play FH.7 and never had a computer good enough for FH2.  No I have a I5 6500 ge750 16gb ram ddr4; it should be good enough.  I have fresh install of Windows 10 and updated drivers; the works [3.9x].

I get the whole game installed it crashes every time I try to join the server, insta-crash.
I've tried windowed mode, doesn't work.  What can I do?

*I've tried comparability mode for Windows 7 and XP service pack 3 also.  I've tried video settings as high as they can go and as low in 800*600 window mode.

Seems straight BF2 can not connect; maybe that has something to do with it.

* I found the keys on the interment and it proceeds, the game loads; I just crashes upon clicking on servers.

* Single player dose work

* Firewall on/off doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: 04-04-2018, 20:04:54 by Baked_Potato »

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
Re: Crash When I try to join a server
« Reply #1 on: 04-04-2018, 20:04:23 »

Offline Baked_Potato

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-04-2018, 22:04:38 »
You might need to install direct X
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

No,  I think it's something wrong with BF2...  I have no problems tuning on straight FH2 and I can even play single player, but if I try start by clinking bf2.exe; I am unable to retrieve/ create an account log in.

I keep getting a failed to connect..
« Last Edit: 04-04-2018, 22:04:26 by Baked_Potato »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-04-2018, 22:04:19 »
Are you using the FH2 Launcher? It's the way to open the game and connect to servers these days. You can find it here: http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_downloads.php?

You can also try Windowed Mode there, by ticking the box in /Options. Please try that and if Windowed Mode works, and it still crashes: post the text of the error message you will get here. If Windowed Mode doesn't work, please describe what happens.

Good luck!

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-04-2018, 09:04:22 »
BF2 doesn’t work online anymore, and you won’t be able to create / retrieve your account in there. Do it in FH2, it uses different master server, separate from BF2.

Also, check your PM ;)