Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 65244 times)

Offline caeno

• View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #480 on: 05-05-2017, 11:05:56 »
You gotta get a new computer :P I don't mind if people are playing on old rigs, but you most certainly can gain an advantage by lowering graphics. Things like lightmaps, undergrowth etc... don't render and make it far easier to see people.

People who lower their graphics with computers that are just fine, are genuinely mind boggling to me.

When you grew up with computers like Amiga, Commodore64, Atari etc. you might not be so into graphics. ;) Personally I still play really old games, because the _gameplay_ is great. Nowadays we just have pretty crap on top of pretty crap with no real gameplay improvements.

Hence my reason to play with lower graphics - I do not care how pretty a game looks. I care about gameplay mechanics being good. :)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 05-05-2017, 17:05:00 »
Hence my reason to play with lower graphics - I do not care how pretty a game looks. I care about gameplay mechanics being good. :)
OK, but why not both? FH2 has nice gameplay AND can look good :)

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 05-05-2017, 19:05:25 »
Agree about gfx. Playing on old laptop should not be thee standard :-) But not all fps in-game are gfx card related  >:(

This was resently reposted on battlelog
BF2: Best Competition Video Settings
http://aphnetworks.com/forums/topic/1577-bf2-best-competition-video-settings/

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 07-05-2017, 06:05:43 »
It would be nice it was possible to make UG and lightmaps render even in low graphics.  Low graphics should just look crappier(less detail).  They should not give a critical advantage.  The current situation makes using undergrowth as concealment, pointless and ruins night maps.

Offline Balloon with mustard

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 19-05-2017, 09:05:59 »
I would like to see a clear note about my mistake, my TK

I changed default string HUD_HUD_KILLEDBY_TEAMKILLS in english_fh.utxt to §1#PLAYERNAME1#§C1001[§1TeamKills§0 §1#WEAPON#§0]§C1001#PLAYERNAME2#. Now I clearly see who I TKed or who TKed me.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 17-08-2017, 05:08:40 »
I would LOVE for realistic climbing to be added to the mod so that you can climb or hoist yourself up steep hills. It gets so frustrating when I am 50m from my target, but there is a large hill in my way, and in order to climb it, I have to go to the side of it. Is it possible to add this to FH2?

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 11-11-2017, 00:11:19 »
Devs, can you please atleast make commander can place markers (enemy:inf,sniper,tank,AT,AA,Arty,MG)? Maybe it will not be very 100% used always, but just that commander has some thing to do and some value. I know whole commander thing is not good,but just to finaly make something from it and close the case.

EDIT
And now something cool I got. How about that commander had ARTY SPOTS(40sec reload) which he can use to give arty spots when he sees something spotted? Idea from PR commander laser,just here you dont have satelite.

This two things to finally somehow finish crapy commander and give value for whole team from him.
« Last Edit: 11-11-2017, 00:11:43 by Ivancic1941 »
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline SJonni

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 11-11-2017, 01:11:17 »
This probably has been asked before, but would it be possible to code it so you get points for supplying ammo to teammates? Like with spotting and repairing vehicles?

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 15-11-2017, 20:11:05 »
I really liked the dev streams. It kind of gave FH2 some new Hype.
It feels like ages ago. Please make a new dev stream :-)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 15-11-2017, 20:11:51 »
I really liked the dev streams. It kind of gave FH2 some new Hype.
It feels like ages ago. Please make a new dev stream :-)

I believe that is the intention once we are closer to release.

Offline justasug

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 06-01-2018, 09:01:24 »
Is there a server option which forces the "no HUD/minimap" option on everyone? If not, have there been talks about adding it? Obviously it would also depend on the server hosters themselves to turn it on.

What are the arguments against it being added and becoming the default? The only ones I can think of would be:

- makes teamkilling more prominent
- people will complain about it being "too hardcore"

Personally, I would appreciate if the game became a bit "slower" and challenging. Having to take the time to bring up the actual map and reference your position and keep a situational awareness adds more gameplay mechanisms to it. I understand that there are some limitations in the game itself and that adding overly realistic stuff feels out of place or gimmicky, but would the "no HUD" mode be one of those?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 06-01-2018, 13:01:27 »
People are used to playing FH2 the way it is for many years now, such change would be appreciated only by few players I'm afraid, and this community is way too small to populate another server with decent ammount of players. I wouldn't mind seeing a "hardcore" server though. If that will ever happen I suggest removing the hit indicator too to make this experience even more immersive  ;)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 06-01-2018, 14:01:37 »
Removing hit indicator would also hide some of the awful hit registration. On the other hand it would make this mod near impossible for new players.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 07-01-2018, 03:01:01 »
I think removing the hit indicator is a great idea, especially since ping difference will always make it buggy.  I don't think it would make the game harder for new guys.  It might shift the focus a bit from K/D obsession to achieving objectives.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 07-01-2018, 17:01:50 »
On the other hand it would make this mod near impossible for new players.
How so? If it will make anything, it will for example make tanking less confusing, since hit indicator is the same when you do 1% or 99% damage. It's better too look for ricochets or smoke coming out of the enemy's engine rather to rely on a game mechanism out of 2003.