Author Topic: Forgotten Hope Weekly Highlights  (Read 17423 times)

Offline The Nanny

• View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope Weekend Highlights
« Reply #30 on: 26-06-2014, 01:06:12 »
hehe that was fun...good leadership from Stalkker and Matt...Kubador, that naval arty is a fickle bitch :)
« Last Edit: 26-06-2014, 01:06:25 by The Nanny »

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26-06-2014, 01:06:11 »
======================================================

COMBAT ACTION REPORT
25 June 2014 - 06:30 "H-Hour"

29th Infantry Division
16th Infantry Regiment
8th Squad: HOW

To: Supreme Allied Commander: Allied Forces in Europe 
Via: FH2 Forum

Subject: Report of action on "Dog Green" Sector Omaha Beach

===========
Timeline:
25 June 2014
===========

06:35- Omaha Beach: landing of the first assault wave of Able Squad the 116th Regiment of the 29th Infantry Division

06:40- General Dwight Eisenhower awakes after a short nap. He receives an optimistic call of the Admiral Ramsey
 who reassures him CPT $talkker is alive & has landed on the beach!

06:45- Omaha Beach: landing of the second assault wave. 8th Squad "HOW" formed on the beach

06:48- Omaha Beach:Engineer Ardenner called to use banglores on Beach Wire

06:51- Omaha Beach: 8th Squad "HOW" Ardenner clears path to WN 71

07.01 – WAW Platapus, pvt Olo, harvey picot, Nannymoh, FH Oberst, boogie & Ardenner spearhead the attack on WN 71 with 7th squad "Matt Baker" on right flank

07.06 – FH Oberst(German Translator) reports hearing enemy screams of "Heilige Scheiße verdammt" from enemy positions as HOW Squad moves in for the Cap.

07.15 – After a brutal counter attack, 8th HOW Squad takes WN 71

07.25 – After noticing WN 73 still standing, i instruct HOW Squad to move north of WN 73 and attack in force from behind.

07.31 - HOW squad moves in to cap WN 73(assisted by squads 2-5)screaming like someone stole their Gamespy accounts!

07.35 - With US tickets at 535, HOW caps WN 73 & takes a German Prisoner(big black clock) who keeps bending over for some reason. I instruct Nannymoh to shoot him for having a stupid name.

07.36 - With all WN positions captured, HOW moves out north of WN 73 to attack D-1 Draw position.

07.43 - HOW commences attack on D-1 Draw

07.45 - WAW Platapus, pvt Olo, harvey picot gray flag with 332 Allied tickets remaining, followed by Ardenner & boogie oogie oogie!!

07.49 - HOW caps D-1 Draw with 265 Allied ticketsd remaining. Vierville is still standing!

07.53 - I move HOW squad into position close to Vierville & a vicious fight ensues.

07.55 - Realizing tickets are at 74, I order squad to smoke Vierville flag & rush to cap!

07.56 - Vierville is capped quickly & WAW Platapus captures another German "x4fun I<ODIUM>I", but he escapes to the Church after claming to "Ich werde Sie verbieten" my entire squad.

07.58 - Squad 7 quickly caps Church as Axis begin to bleed.

After a brief graying of the Church, it is recapped & the enemy bleed out with 12 Allied tickets remaining!!

8th HOW Squad

Leader:CPT $talkker

Ardenner - (Engineer) - Will blow your mind.....literally
WAW Platapus (Assault) - funny name, deadly reaction
pvt Olo (Assault) - Nasty disposition
harvey picot - (Assault) Clean freak you out
Nannymoh - (Assault) Anger personified
FH Oberst - (Scout/Translator) - Can see through your soul
boogie - (Assault) Gets down & boogie oogie oogies

8)
« Last Edit: 26-06-2014, 14:06:56 by Jimi Hendrix »

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26-06-2014, 03:06:48 »
That sure sounds like a tense round! I would also like to laud you for these nice after action reports which you compile. They sure make for an amazing read  ;) .

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26-06-2014, 07:06:30 »
The beast of omaha Major|König was responsible for the death of 130 american soldiers. But they lost anyway.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 26-06-2014, 14:06:04 »
The beast of omaha Major|König was responsible for the death of 130 american soldiers.
Let me guess - no MG involved? :P

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 26-06-2014, 14:06:04 »
The funniest thing is that the 2nd guy had probably sth like ~60 kills. Seems our community doesn't have many pro players...  ::)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 26-06-2014, 15:06:10 »
Pro players.  ;D

Offline The Nanny

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 26-06-2014, 15:06:38 »
"Ten mangy dogs can kill a lion." - Marc Antony (HBO Rome)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 28-06-2014, 01:06:48 »
Oh the Pain of a terrible loss.  :(

Just got off a well played round of Gold Beach as the Brits.

The round started off well; after securing the beach our squad was tasked with attacking Hable du Herlot on the west side of the German defenses. The Reece regiments went out first to recon the area and provide some spots for the newly set-up mortars. As they pushed forward, a well hidden pak 40 ripped through the morning air and tore apart our modified Stuart that was leading the recon element. The first assault wave stalled after being opened up on by a lafette at the Hable.

Eventually our squad was able to smoke up the road and overwhelm the defenses with the help of a Crocodile detached from the 79th AD. Some determined Germans failed to retreat and hid in the bocage with handheld AT weapons and ambushed the Churchill as it pushed onto the next objective. They were quickly torn apart by the remaining Northumbrians before doing too much damage, but our tanks had to fall back to the beach to repair.

Our squad wasted no time moving onto the windmill to secure the final beach-head and cut off reinforcements to the defenses the Germans had set up in a nearby swamp. The Windmill saw sparse resistance and within no time both the swamp and the windmill was clear of enemy activity.

Again the Northumbrians showed their resolve by wasting no time moving out and securing the beachhead crossroads to the west of the windmill. From there, our squad pushed on the artillery observation post where the Germans had set up a wall and a bunker. I covered with my Bren gun as my squad moved through the small holes in the wall and pushed through no man's land to the bunker. Each attack was stiffly repelled by the Germans, they were determined not to lose anymore ground to our advance.

At this time a Churchill AVRE was sent out from the Royal Engineers to come support our advance. It unloaded with its 290mm mortar round on the weakest point in the wall and blew a hole open wide enough for our other tanks to advance and support us. Our squad kept pushing on the observation post, and with the added firepower of our Sherman we were able to take the bunker.

At this point our team was knackered. We had just pushed hard to secure a beach-head and stretched our supply lines thin by moving on the next two objectives. The Germans mounted some well fought counter attacks and for the next 20 min our team struggled to keep the ground we had just gained. We needed to secure the German staging point at Mont Fleury if we had any hope of keeping our beach-head.

Without hesitation 2 squads moved onto the defenses at Fleury. After losing many men and a few tanks, we got our hands on Fleury. It was now the Germans turn to retreat. A small group of them had pushed past our advance and took back the Observation post we had held for so long. The rest of the beach-head was ours tho. Realizing the strength of the German squad leaders and knowing that they needed Fleury to keep getting reinforcements to keep up the fight, I suggested we stay and hold Fleury and wait for the remaining Germans to surrender after losing their reinforcement point. The high Command saw it differently tho :-\ they chose to keep up the momentum and ordered a full blown attack to take back the observation post. Only a few stray men, including myself, had the smarts to hang back and defend Fleury from the inevitable German counter attack.

It came in no time. Our team was successful in retaking the fallen observation post, but the victory was short lived. The Germans, realizing the importance of Fleury, came back en force and retook the sparsely defended point with ease. After that our team was a mass of confusion. They immediately left their posts at the crossroads and observation post to take back the point they had just lost, but the Germans weren't about to let it go this time. The Northumbrian's counterattacks were ill planned. Just squads rushing between the bocage only to get caught in the crossfire of the flanking German machine guns. We'd had victory in our hands and we threw it away at the collective ineptitude of the team. The Germans never gave up the beach-head and eventually our attack was called off.

Germans win: 30-0 :-[

Frustrating doesn't describe it well enough, watching my team run away from the southernmost flag to race for a fast victory, only to turn around and see half the German team pouring into the trenches and sweep through to cap back the most important flag on the map. FH2 really gives you the ups, and the downs.

Kudos to the German team that faced us, in the end you guys were just more coordinated. But OH the frustration :'(
« Last Edit: 28-06-2014, 01:06:22 by Matthew_Baker »

Offline brcd.

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30-06-2014, 13:06:54 »
Hey Matt,

nice read. I was actually a squadleader on the german side and tasked my squad to hold the observation post at all costs. I was afraid we would lose that round since the majority of the team was zig-zagging between flags, never being able to really hold one. It was a very tense round indeed. In fact, I haven't had such an exciting round in a long time.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02-07-2014, 00:07:56 »
So I don't play as often these days because I now only have 3G and not broadband like I used to, and work and career don't often lend themselves to 3 hour nights of battle and mahem.

BUT I managed to finally get a friend of mine on after about 6 or 7 years of ranting about the game.
We played Singleplayer FH1 LAN a number of times back when online was not even an option for me,

and I finally got him to download the game on Steam. So that's TWO Africans on Forgotten Hope 2 now :)

We organize to meet online and it was fun. Trying to be in the same squad or same team.

Today he left early, so I decided to do something i usually do when I'm a rear soldier and not a frontline one. Troll :)

Now I bet some would hate me for this, but I don't spam, mind you. I post once in a while, no more than I would if I was shouting orders. Often a lot less.

But what I do is simply piss off them enemy. My theory is, it may either tie up a few men trying to shut me up by replying my messages. Or B, cause them to outright get pissed enough to attack without a plan and crash wave after wave against the anvil of my team's defense.

Ego is such a beautiful thing

Don't get me wrong. This is nothing against the rules. Just, teasing the general faction of such a poor excuse at attack etc.

So well, that was my evening. Otherwise same ol' same ol'. More n00bs these these. But I guess that means fresh meat...

Still, would like to have a few squad leaders who don't do something as elementary as leading from the front.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13-07-2014, 20:07:50 »
Anything interesting happen online this weekend?

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 14-07-2014, 12:07:27 »
I didn't play, so nothing happened  :P

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 17-07-2014, 23:07:36 »
Ive been busy with a new job & moving, so ill be on R&R until late Aug or Sept.

8)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04-08-2014, 01:08:01 »
Didn't play long this weekend, but had an interesting experience on St. vith.

My team was clearly the weaker side, having lost Tunis with only 3 bases under our belt and 600 grinning enemies lying in wait.

We experienced a few scattered resistance at the start of St. vith, even after the base was capped and it didn't help having inexperienced tankers who were more interested in running hell for leather into carefully prepared 57mm AT gun positions.

The main fun was around the farm, which changed hands several times.

Finakly frustrated with lsck of tank support, I jumped into a Hertzer and headed for the farm.

The allies had gotten this base back with the help of what I thought was a single Sherman tank.
I spotted the guy easily enough and blew his turret off only to realize another Sherman had parked in the main courtyard and I had no way to flank it without revealing my weaker side armor.

Furthermore, there were at least 2 zookas around the mill area.

Both the sherman and I fired off a few rounds at each other, but I had only to the top of his turret peaking out over the wooden wall and he was facing my front armor.

Any motion closer was met with rocket fire.

Eventually, Enough infantry, my squad and another moved into the area, engaging the infantry. I had now also gotten a top mg gunner, having been bumped to Squad leader.

I took a gamble and moved in full speed round the mill side to locate my Sherman.

Having noted the infantrny assault, he had falling back from the buildinng to intercept, forgetting about me entirely.

A well placed shot as he turned his turret around was all that was needed.

I immediately got hit by no less than 3 zookas, but at the angle I was, I was still alive, but on fire.

I begun reversing out of there, screaming for support. My mg gunner fired wildly, but as we existed the mill area, two more zookas came round the corner and we were out for the count.

Later as infantry, I organized a dash at the two storey under smome fire, landing in a ditch right on top of an mg gunner who hadn't seen me. i fired with my G43 from the hip not wanting to risk delaying to aim properly,

He was aware i wa theee and we begun circling. I trying to reload, havin hit him at least once, and him with a drawn pistol. One of my men eventually got him...

I never got to see us recap the farm as my connection promptly cut thereafter.

But It was all in all a satisfying way to end the weekend.