Author Topic: Who is the best FH2 player in the World?  (Read 16289 times)

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the best FH2 player in the World?
« Reply #45 on: 20-09-2010, 17:09:49 »
I really dont know whos the best, but Steiner Cross wins in enthusiasm and a good laugh the entire round  ;D.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 20-09-2010, 17:09:41 »
- Use this thread to nominate a person who you think is an excellent player, maybe even the best in the world.
- Do not use this thread to bash other player or servers and accuse them about something with no evidence at all.

And remember the rules.

- I don't want a K/D ratio discussion vs sKilz etc.
- Just namedropping and not adding a reason for your nomination will be frowned upon

Welcome!
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 20-09-2010, 17:09:31 »
Once I thught I was a very good player but that changed when DazLayer entered the field. I'm pretty much retired for the time being from public play so any "Hell"squad lover (0 at the moment) has to wait patiently.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 20-09-2010, 18:09:05 »
Siben.

I like it when people look at me and give me attention :)

And to be fair, i was quite a treat with a panzerfaust back in FH0.7

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 20-09-2010, 21:09:54 »
Anubus turns battles.  Anthrax can turn a firefight.
Me? LOL. I don't deserve to be mentioned NEAR anubis when it comes to mentions of best players. I typically finish a round with more deaths than kills. Anubis owns me at just about every encounter when both on foot and if he's in a tank my death is automatic. I'll Also second whoever mentioned Kurt Steiner; damn good skills on his own and awesome Squad Leader. And finally Savagee is the best I've ever seen with a rifle and I don't have a chance against him if we see each other at the same time(or even if I see him well ahead of time, fire a shot or two and miss and then he turns and one shots me in half a second ;D).

For me you're one of the bests in FH42 (still remember the days you knife around in Pavlov, I was like WTF when I failed to kill you with my PPsH), and in FH2 I'd like to team up with you just because you KNOW how to play. Oh, but your tanking is questionable though ...

It's tiresome to team up with people with no objectives in their mind. No matter how much skills they got it is not really related to me as I only care about winning a round/have fun with squad members.

And yes, that kingtiger1891 has excellent ballistics and you probably don't want to do tank duels with him. But he is not that good as infantry  ;D.

I have met someone in a server in China where he could land his 25 pounder on an APC which was moving somewhere else in a random road. (he got a spot, still, is awesome, as the APC is MOVING far far away) I remember that I wasn't able to stop my tank because a HE shell would very likely to fall on my head. (I don't know how he did that, but no amounts of hacks give you that skill right...)

Back in FH1 there were Cleaner which is the best of best. He flys very well, he tanks pretty good, he's deadly as infantry. When he flies he rape everyone on the ground.
« Last Edit: 20-09-2010, 21:09:02 by General_Henry »

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 20-09-2010, 21:09:14 »
For instance, people talking about Steiner, but on a weekly basis I come across at least 5 different players named Steiner, or some variation of that name. The first thing I think then is "wow, that's original". No idea who you guys are talking about, although I remember having a couple of good rounds with a some Steiner variant. He was a good tactical SL and his accent makes me grin everytime I hear his teamspeak commands.

It's Steiner Cross. I thinks he is from Brazil if it's the same Steiner from the F|H tournament.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 20-09-2010, 22:09:31 »
I was awesome in FH1, but I never learned to shoot well in BF2... I think it  has to do with the FoV... soldiers are so tiny just 80meters away  :-[

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 20-09-2010, 22:09:08 »
When I saw this thread, I thought of Dazlayer too. Especially his consistency. He is never bad. We all have those rounds in which you kick as the entire enemy team, but then in the next round you end up somewhere in the middle. He doesn't. I stopped making notches though, I had to change furniture and it got a little expensive ;) This only happens on not so full servers, btw.

I like Steiner Cross too, I enjoyed playing in squads with him, although it has been a long time. I remember a round on Gazala where he wasn't playing so well that evening and he jumped out of the Kubel, chatting in VOIP "I'm not a good SL, you be it." It was an exception.

Offline DAzLAYER

• [DLF] Leader
    • View Profile
    • [DenLedeFi]
« Reply #53 on: 20-09-2010, 23:09:21 »
Wow, a really great way to end a 12h work day. Thanks for all the kind words and all of them from players who are above average and well known in the community.
I really didnt expect a thread like this to pop up in this forum, not fh-style at all.

I'll add a few names, I don't like tankers so I won't put any here :P

Favorite SL: 281.|Dukat|
Favorite attacker: [DLF] MrTrix33
Favorite for aiming skills: HzR DUFFEDPUNK
Favorite target: Zerostuff
Favorite animal: hslan.Angrybeaver
Favorite annoyance: =OST=_M00SE

And I have bad days like everyone else, people just don't see them.

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 20-09-2010, 23:09:43 »
Me because I always get the most deaths. I act as the first penguin to jump into the water.

Offline Gregermei$ter

• [DLF] Full Member
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #55 on: 21-09-2010, 01:09:06 »
Well i thought i'd add a few more names to my list.

Best Infantry: [DLF] DAzLAYER
Best SL: =Capten=Cymro=
Best Tanker: eXavs Paythoss
Best Pilot: [DLF] Eklund89
Best Artillery: hslan.Catwisel

Honourable mentions:

hslan.Magnus
eXavs IrishReloaded
Vympel Ndl
peaso7
-].GR.[-marv
SchwererGustav
« Last Edit: 22-09-2010, 19:09:03 by Gregermei$ter »

Offline DAzLAYER

• [DLF] Leader
    • View Profile
    • [DenLedeFi]
« Reply #56 on: 21-09-2010, 01:09:29 »
Hey calm down, I meant as in the ways and situations you kill me annoy me. I was tempted to put Angrybeaver in that category but I created one special for him. A special category for a special boy(beaver). I always feel you misunderstand me on purpose.

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 21-09-2010, 04:09:52 »
And yes, that kingtiger1891 has excellent ballistics and you probably don't want to do tank duels with him. But he is not that good as infantry  ;D.

Well, I vote for the uvpl1833221 and dahuaidanI980 combination ;D

Offline hslan.GN_Angrybeaver

• FH-Betatester
  • EEVIIIIIIL BEAVER
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 21-09-2010, 10:09:48 »
Hey calm down, I meant as in the ways and situations you kill me annoy me. I was tempted to put Angrybeaver in that category but I created one special for him. A special category for a special boy(beaver). I always feel you misunderstand me on purpose.

my mom always says im not retarded  - im special  :P

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #59 on: 21-09-2010, 14:09:15 »
There have been/are so many great players that I’ve encountered on the servers. Some have dropped out of the game now alas  :'(.
I do remember OttoZeimer being a right bar steward of a pilot. And there are countless pilots out there who can shoot a gnats cock off from 500ft above! Pilots of course, are usually poor ground pounders and personally I rate players on all round abilty!  ;)

Tanking wise from my first FH2 experiances I remember -=AngelCorpse=- as a good tanker (I think he was accused as a bit of a spawnraper too), well he always used to get me when I was attempting to tank, not seen him for a year or so. Going right back to early FH2 months I remember a player named Yan Manorovovoich (or something like that) was good in the tank.
And of course ol' Rambolt knows what he’s doing in a tank, of course there are better tankers I just don’t spend my time tank duelling so I couldn’t say who is “the best”. Good thing about FH2 Every dog has his day!  8)

Not seen Yonni for months either, he was always near the top of the board. st.dunpeal was very good, you could rely on him to do most stuff, again, another player who’s dropped out for a long time, I think he had RL problems and had to move city or something, anyone heard from him, he was Dutch I think.  ???

Sgt.Steiner-I.Cross is a very funny player  :D, Spanish I think?
King of the MG34/42 instaprone tactic, well before it was slightly nerfed, still does it and gets away with it ( I can’t for the life of me master the MG34 instaprone technique before and after nerfage), great satisfaction to be had circling around firing into a proned spinning MG34/42er! Allways an evil “hehehehe” in my head when I’ve taken care of a spinning Steiner on the ground!  ;D

Omn1o is/was (when he plays) the big boss infantryman, although he’ll instaprone you to get his kill, which is something I try to avoid doing, so some respect lost there, but it’s in the game so I guess you use the exploits to  the full.

[DLF] DAzLAYER No disrespect meant at all, the places I’ve been shot by him and I’m thinking  “Eh? What? How? But that’s impossible from that angle?”  
But there are so many who’ve confirmed he’s not….so such thoughts can only be used as descriptions of a Godly skilled rifleman. Another case of  “ehehehehe” when I’ve managed to scalp him.  :D

Some who I would consider “best” allrounders  (there is no “THE” of course as I'm sure we'd all agree) and I will have missed many out (apologies! But every single one of you know who I'm talking about, yes YOU, we all think we are the sh1t eh?  ;)).
Just some dudes I personally know the capabilities of:-

(not in any order)  ;)

psykfallet
=OST=_M00SE
Beatrix[NL]
SchwererGustav
st.dunpeal

Special mention to SABOTEUR. This guy and the things he does/gets away with make me lol He is the Lt Spiers  of FH2 and I’m often left with the face of C. Carwood Lipton  :D ;D  in the same clip when he  does ballsy things like this   :D

hehehehehe  :D
« Last Edit: 21-09-2010, 20:09:09 by Capten_C »
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI