Author Topic: Air invasion  (Read 2419 times)

Offline BATTERIESc

• View Profile
Air invasion
« on: 19-03-2011, 13:03:58 »
Is it possible to make a map with germans protecting points around the map and allies spawning randomly around the map and parashooting down?

If this could be done I think a map at night in normandy or mabye even the netherlands (even though most para drops were during the day), would be very exciting.

Imagine the scene in Band of brothers where they are all lost , you check your map try to evade enemies and make it to friendly pockets. It would make for some intense gameplay. The night time atmosphere would make it even more spooky (could be full moon for some visibility).

It reminds me almost of the old Medal of honour game first mission , I think it was spearhead or allied assault.

In any case I think this has to be done if possible  ;D

Offline AlexS66

• A fine English gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Air invasion
« Reply #1 on: 19-03-2011, 13:03:05 »
One of my favorite mission (blowing down tree's with AA wasnt it?) good fun. I also really like this idea, your thinking maybe early invasion? it sounds feasable. but then im only an Alex.

Offline BATTERIESc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-03-2011, 13:03:37 »
thanks for your input , even though you are only an alex...

Offline Warior135

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-03-2011, 13:03:44 »
i would love this but would you then capture a point and be able to spawn there?

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19-03-2011, 14:03:15 »
Eben Emael for German paras!  ;D

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline BATTERIESc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19-03-2011, 14:03:45 »
yea you could spawn there, it would take some good map design but I do think this would be amazing. Also you dont have to spawn at the captured point you can continue to para for the entire map, or to a certain ticket limit (which isnt possible I would imagine).

Offline Warior135

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19-03-2011, 15:03:09 »
yea you could spawn there, it would take some good map design but I do think this would be amazing. Also you dont have to spawn at the captured point you can continue to para for the entire map, or to a certain ticket limit (which isnt possible I would imagine).
then im all for it BRING ON THE 501st!

Offline BATTERIESc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19-03-2011, 18:03:58 »
could be used for a variety of different maps and factions.

Also mod needs more nightime maps in general.
« Last Edit: 20-03-2011, 00:03:16 by BATTERIESc »

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20-03-2011, 07:03:55 »
I think that would work like a push mod map. The flag can't be caped by the enemy once caped by the allies. And allies shouldn't be able to spawn on the flags, because it's an invasion.

At each flag, the random spawn points get further to the map end. It would basically being played like PHL but with paras. I'm getting into MSpaint :D
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline AlexS66

• A fine English gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20-03-2011, 11:03:51 »
I would endorse such a map, as it a great idea. yes i agree with the fact that allie's shouldnt be able to spawn on those points. maybe have freedom fighter squads of two or 3 with sten's and explosives, that could spawn near the points to give support? But other than that, i have no suggestions and after all, i am only an alex...

Offline BATTERIESc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20-03-2011, 17:03:29 »
Well what would be the point if you cant spawn at the captured points , yes a push style map if you want constant parachuting.

I meant the first few times you spawn you will either get shot while parachuting or land somewhere really random and have to find allies or go on your own. After that your team gets a point and you can spawn there or continue to para if you want.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20-03-2011, 17:03:53 »

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20-03-2011, 17:03:19 »
The map BATTERIESc describes in the start of the thread sounds like hes describing the St. Mere Eglise map from XWW2. Allies spawns parachuting a random place at the edge of the map, at night, having to find eachother and make an attack. I remember this map as very german-friendly though  :)

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20-03-2011, 19:03:03 »
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20-03-2011, 21:03:50 »
I strongly believe that the ressources are are bound at another development part at this point of time. So why not enjoying an unofficial map?  ;)