Author Topic: [Maps] - Writing on fence looks weird  (Read 596 times)

Offline justasug

• View Profile
[Maps] - Writing on fence looks weird
« on: 29-06-2017, 11:06:27 »
On the Seelow map, the writing on the wooden fence (and other places too) is standing-off from the actual surface.

Is this intended due to a limitation in the game or is it a bug?

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: [Maps] - Writing on fence looks weird
« Reply #1 on: 29-06-2017, 15:06:01 »
It's kind of an engine limitation. If you put it too close to the wall, it will 'flicker' at a distance and you can't put it on the texture sheet to save memory.

I don't know of a better way to handle the 'graffiti.' It's like that on Fall of Tobruk too afaik.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29-06-2017, 16:06:56 »
It's kind of an engine limitation. If you put it too close to the wall, it will 'flicker' at a distance and you can't put it on the texture sheet to save memory.

I don't know of a better way to handle the 'graffiti.' It's like that on Fall of Tobruk too afaik.
Create a new static with the writing?
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-06-2017, 20:06:30 »
Yea that causes it's own problems. Cause the fence texture is probably used in other parts of the map but you don't want you have the same graffiti everywhere.

And if you create a specific texture for that one piece of fence it adds to unnecessary memory. So it's better to just have another 'static' (so to speak) that is the graffiti placed next to the fence.

Tbh I only think this is how it works, I don't know for sure.