Author Topic: APC's Deploy Stationary MG's like in FH1  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Cheesus Krighst

• Zi's Iz mein Flammenwerfer! And it Werfs Flammen!
    • View Profile
APC's Deploy Stationary MG's like in FH1
« on: 09-04-2012, 20:04:49 »
*Forum Go-er* : Why would you want that cheesus?
--To add more abilities to the very restricted APC

*Forum Go-er* : Why would you want to add that? We already have an MG class and deployable MGs, along with the fact that the apcs themselves have MG ontop of them?
-- MG classes and deployable MGs are restricted to prone friendly sandbags or very low window sills. Im hoping that this MG would be taller than the usual laffete or 30. cal tripod. Instead it would just be an AA bren stand except it has a 180 turn (x and y axis) turn radius. Along with it being able to be re-adjusted to a certain height, say re-adjusting to a stone wall in Operation Goodwood, or in a trench. Plus the fact that normal mg's are very restricted to the ground (barely 1 foot off the ground), APC mounted MG gunners are so easy to kill with a rifle. (Well 50.cal gunners are because they have no bullet shield!)

*Forum Go-er* : Will it be easy to add this in?
-- I hope so! If it isnt then damn DICE to hell for such a complex coding system for achieving simple tasks.

*Forum Go-er* : You do know that we wont be able to deploy these indoors right?
--Sort of what i was aiming for, Keeps the game balanced so you can outflank the bastard behind the wall without drudging in a small house. Also the fact that im hoping this would be a temporary substitute for the mythical wall mounted mgs that everyone wants so badly.

*Forum Go-er* : Why wont the devs add wall mounting to the normal mg class instead of doing this?
-- The devs would need to redo every mesh in this game to allow the MG to be mountable. Although it would be nice if they added sand bags, stone walls, trenches that could allow this instead of redoing the whole entire game.
« Last Edit: 17-04-2012, 22:04:36 by Cheesus Krighst »

Offline Cheesus Krighst

• View Profile
Re: APC's Deploy Stationary MG's like in FH1
« Reply #1 on: 17-04-2012, 00:04:53 »
Did i answer everyone's questions or do people just not reply because this idea is doopid? Suggestion Forum, Why you no feed back?

azreal

« Reply #2 on: 17-04-2012, 00:04:47 »
Not really possible in some ways. Also (IIRC) suggested before.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-04-2012, 00:04:15 »
*Forum Go-er* : Will it be easy to add this in?
-- I hope so! If it isnt then damn DICE to hell for such a complex coding system for achieving simple tasks.

Yeah, I think this is the problem. It won't be easy. But I don't really remember that it has been discussed. When FH2 was released, I seriously missed this feature. I think some others did as well.

However, I think you answered everyones questions. But if I would have posted a simple '1+' in reply, a big bear would have been after me. And I don't like getting in trouble with bears.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17-04-2012, 18:04:51 »
If it was like an ammo box, an AT gun or something, sure. But a deployed mg, imo, feels arcade.

Something dropped to use, not something automatically ready to go.

We should look at the function of these with fresh eyes.

Now a JU-plane dropping ammo boxes etc I'll totally agree with - same thinking.

Something dropped to use, not deployed.

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-04-2012, 18:04:23 »
The US Amtracks dropped .30 cal MG kits. The MG wasn't already sitting on the tripod ready to go, but was there for people to pick up and use.

Maybe the APCs could deploy more kits, simulating bringing special weapons to the front, like AT and MG support kits.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Cheesus Krighst

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-04-2012, 22:04:05 »
If it was like an ammo box, an AT gun or something, sure. But a deployed mg, imo, feels arcade.

Something dropped to use, not something automatically ready to go.

We should look at the function of these with fresh eyes.

Now a JU-plane dropping ammo boxes etc I'll totally agree with - same thinking.

Something dropped to use, not deployed.

Well i dont know about that, Hell i dont think that a deployed MG would be able to be put in the mod let alone a MG that allows you to deploy above ground level without being deployed. I really doubt that something dropped to use would be very easy to add into the mod. I'd imagine that a simple deployable would be easier. If your idea was that easy, i'd imagine we'd already have wall mountable MG's by now. :(

The US Amtracks dropped .30 cal MG kits. The MG wasn't already sitting on the tripod ready to go, but was there for people to pick up and use.

Maybe the APCs could deploy more kits, simulating bringing special weapons to the front, like AT and MG support kits.

Im liking that idea.
« Last Edit: 17-04-2012, 22:04:27 by Cheesus Krighst »

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20-04-2012, 19:04:01 »

Anyone know if this is: Possible? Feasible? Warranted? Desired?
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20-04-2012, 19:04:00 »
not possible

Offline Cheesus Krighst

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20-04-2012, 22:04:54 »
not possible

So a vehicle cant spawn any kind of kit? Like a bazooka or an mg? If so, then this engine must be extremely irritating to mod simple things.

azreal

« Reply #10 on: 21-04-2012, 05:04:41 »
The engine doesn't like when you randomly spawn player-usable objects into the game out of thin air.

Offline Cheesus Krighst

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21-04-2012, 05:04:19 »
Aw :(
So i'm guessing that the only objects that a vehicle can produce is its death mesh and the munitions that go out of its guns? :( How lame.
Well is it possible to add a box or trigger on the back of the APC so when a player presses on the back doors or something he'll automatically drop his kit and be equipped with the pole mounted MG or an AT weapon?

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21-04-2012, 13:04:23 »
3 words: Kit request system.

Usable only near an APC... Must be in squad to use it...

Yeah I know it's stealing from PR, but it actually works quite nice there.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21-04-2012, 13:04:26 »
Also it was epic on the FHT version of the Operation Peacekeeper

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline Cheesus Krighst

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23-04-2012, 21:04:45 »
How did the FHT one work? Did it work alot like the one in PR or was it completely different? Also another question; Do the devs know how to do [Coding and such] the PR class selection box, because it seems a bit complex and the only mod i've seen such a thing is in the PR mod.

Because this would make the APCs a moving rearming station, Perfect for squads that actually need some tanks destroyed and stuff. This opens a huge door to Teamwork based squads ,like an AT squad that goes around in the APC and fighting off armor on the go.