Author Topic: Speeding up FH2  (Read 405 times)

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
Speeding up FH2
« on: 06-12-2009, 18:12:40 »
I've noticed that some people are having problems running FH2 smoothly, and I also can have problems. I have made this thread for everyone to help each other out, and share anyway they know how. I have a few tricks to speed up FH2, and I hope with the combined efforts of all on the forum, we can get everyone running up to speed.

My suggestions are as follows: Before getting into FH2, use a program like smart close to close all of your invisible programs.(don't worry, it will not get rid of necessary functions like virus protection. Also, after getting in the game, go to the task manager, go to processes, find BF2.exe, and right click and set affinity to one core, because BF2 doesn't multithread, making it run slower trying to use 2 cores.

Note: Make sure to post what OS your suggestion works on. Mine is WinXP

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
Re: Speeding up FH2
« Reply #1 on: 08-12-2009, 08:12:42 »
As far as changing the affinity goes...

I've tried it and there's no noticeable difference. But I have AMD's Dual Core Optimizer installed (CPU: Opt. 170 / OS: XP SP3).

Maybe it's an Intel thing?

EDIT: I should also mention that it spreads the load fairly evenly between the two cores.
« Last Edit: 08-12-2009, 09:12:19 by cannonfodder »

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
Re: Speeding up FH2
« Reply #2 on: 08-12-2009, 14:12:49 »
This may sound a bit 'tarded, but bare with me, make sure Windows Updates are turned off automatic and set to manual, I'm not sure what it is with Vista and Win7 but by Jesus they update at least once a week, infuriating, really slows the performance as Microsoft basically dry humps your int0rnet through tears of fail because it's got another potential vulnerability.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats