Author Topic: I say, has the new update changed the loadout for the STG?  (Read 726 times)

Offline nickm

• View Profile
Gang:

I have just noticed, in a couple of maps (Cobra and 'Hurt Again Forest') that the Stg III SP guns no longer have a co axial machinegun for the gunner to use? Am I mistaken or do I need to re-calibrate my keyboard?

TIA

NM

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
Re: I say, has the new update changed the loadout for the STG?
« Reply #1 on: 15-06-2020, 11:06:28 »
In the changelog it said they removed it. I believe this is historically accurate.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-06-2020, 11:06:54 »
Yup, there were no factory-issued StuG IVs with coaxial. Even with the late production StuG III Ausf. G, only a part of delivered vehicles were equipped with a coaxial MG.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-06-2020, 17:06:58 »
I have just noticed, in a couple of maps (Cobra and 'Hurt Again Forest') that the Stg III SP guns no longer have a co axial machinegun for the gunner to use? Am I mistaken or do I need to re-calibrate my keyboard?
We only removed coaxial MGs from Stug IV (on Cobra and Breakthrough at St. Lo), late StuG III still has it. Make sure you use the right tank first.

Offline nickm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-06-2020, 06:06:30 »
That's good to know: that co ax MG is very useful in 'clearing out' those pesky infantrymen.