Author Topic: SP/COOP issues on 2.56 update  (Read 4820 times)

Offline allien3787

• View Profile
Re: SP/COOP issues on 2.56 update
« Reply #30 on: 03-06-2020, 15:06:53 »

hello when I played Purple Heart Lane I skipped the py warm that problem appeared when I updated the game they could fix it  :)

Offline SkinnyReese

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04-06-2020, 09:06:21 »
Hi, i want to report some bugs i found in Studienka 32/64.

In 64 version, the most easily found bugs in this map is some bots didn't work as it needs to be. Some hop on to various tanks/vehicles without moving it around from the spawnpoint. Even though i moved the vehicle a bit and swapped my position with the bot, they won't even drive it.

In 32 however, this problem only happened on the Lend-lease M10. The TD won't cross the bridge, and when i crossed it myself and swapped position again, they won't drive it around like other vehicles.

And i found a problem in one of 32's mounted MG42, the mounting stand of the weapon is moving around as well in 360 degree. I think it should be stationary and give limited turns for the one who mounted it.

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04-06-2020, 10:06:34 »
And i found a problem in one of 32's mounted MG42, the mounting stand of the weapon is moving around as well in 360 degree. I think it should be stationary and give limited turns for the one who mounted it.

That last thing is a lafette. It can be rotated to a certain degree very slowly. I suppose that is supposed to emulate the soldier picking it up and rotating it with force as it is not entrenched in the ground. Didn't know that bots could deploy lafette tough.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04-06-2020, 20:06:20 »
That lafette is already there at the very start, bots just man it, as any other static weapon.

About the bots behaviour, well, it's a well known fact they can be a little bit stupid about moving around, in different degrees, depending on the map. Actually, I felt the bots being more capable in Studienka after the last update, mainly on the German side. And that M10, at least during my last gameplay, moved normally throughout the map, crewed exclusivelly by bots. It crossed the bridge and actively supported my assault on the Fuel Dump.

Offline MorganH.

• 'We shall never surrender'
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10-06-2020, 11:06:10 »
Hi guys,

I am new here but i have been lurking here for many years since FH 1,ever since BF 1942 enabled you to offer us that first great Mod.

My name is Peter and i am 54 years old and i am from Holland.

I am orginally a table top wargamer,and  i have only been into computer war games since about16 years for the sole purpose of trying to relive and replay realistical historical battlefields as good as it gets, and FH 2 is among the very,very best out there in my opinion!

Let me start by saying to all developers that as a history fanatic ,i can only say a million times thank you for the FH WW 2 experiences that you bring !!

Let me now get to my question:

This time i have encountered a problem that i can not fix without finally loggin in ,and asking for some help.

We all know about the Bren carrier issues on the Normandy based battles and i have subsequently downloaded the Bren carrier fix from this thread and the object vehicles fix from Discord just now.

But now i have no idea how to handle these files to fix the issue.

I have tried to just unpack them into the FH2 folder but no luck.

My Gold Beach for example still CTD's when i want to start up the battle from any spawn point.

Can someone please explain how to go about with these fixes after downloading them to my computer?

Thank you very much in advance.
« Last Edit: 10-06-2020, 13:06:59 by MorganH. »
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10-06-2020, 17:06:24 »
Hello Morgan. It can be a bit tricky to apply these fixes, mainly if you have limited knowledge in computing in general. I don't know if it's your case, but if you're experiencing difficulties following the steps provided, I recommend to wait until the official hotfix being released. It's already down the pipe and will be available in the near future.

Anyway, if you want to give another try, I strongly recommend to backup any of your original files before change them. Hope it helps.

Best regards,

batistadk

Offline MorganH.

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10-06-2020, 18:06:01 »
Hi batistadk ; thanks for answering.

I have indeed limited knowledge  :'(

One thing though: you speak of ''steps provided'' but i believe that is just my issue here as i only see the mediafire link posted by Ivanwazowsky with the Bren carrier fix and i do not see any provided steps about what to do with that zip file after downloading.

But if there are more issues than just this one, and therefore more subsequent fixes to work with, than it would be better for me to just wait for the ''official hotfix release'' i guess.

There is enough to jump into but i had just started playing the 1944 maps in chronological order, so thats why i am stuck at Gold Beach.

With kind regards,Peter.
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10-06-2020, 23:06:28 »
Ah yes, Morgan. I remember Ivan's post, in fact there is no info. And actually some guys reported difficulties with applying the fixes and make it work properly. As for myself, I didn't try to install, after mixed reviews here in the forums.

Jan mentioned that all of these issues, including the Bren Carrier + Motovsky 32p crashes, are already marked to be fixed on the incoming hotfix. So it's time to practice some patience and wait the next release.

Best regards,

batistadk
« Last Edit: 11-06-2020, 08:06:42 by batistadk »

Offline Ivanwazowsky

• artstation.com/ivanwazowsky
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11-06-2020, 19:06:22 »
Hi guys,

I am new here but i have been lurking here for many years since FH 1,ever since BF 1942 enabled you to offer us that first great Mod.

My name is Peter and i am 54 years old and i am from Holland.

I am orginally a table top wargamer,and  i have only been into computer war games since about16 years for the sole purpose of trying to relive and replay realistical historical battlefields as good as it gets, and FH 2 is among the very,very best out there in my opinion!

Let me start by saying to all developers that as a history fanatic ,i can only say a million times thank you for the FH WW 2 experiences that you bring !!

Let me now get to my question:

This time i have encountered a problem that i can not fix without finally loggin in ,and asking for some help.

We all know about the Bren carrier issues on the Normandy based battles and i have subsequently downloaded the Bren carrier fix from this thread and the object vehicles fix from Discord just now.

But now i have no idea how to handle these files to fix the issue.

I have tried to just unpack them into the FH2 folder but no luck.

My Gold Beach for example still CTD's when i want to start up the battle from any spawn point.

Can someone please explain how to go about with these fixes after downloading them to my computer?

Thank you very much in advance.

hi morgan. i uploaded whole "objects_vehicles_server.zip" you need. just copy paste this file into fh2 folder. replace with the older one. dont extract anything. you dont need to install anything.
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cb89cbhxrmik7ny/objects_vehicles_server.zip/file

Offline MorganH.

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12-06-2020, 13:06:19 »
Hi batistadk ; thanks for answering again.

Hi Ivanwazowsky , immediately tried your link and cut and pasted the whole Dled folder into FH and replaced when prompted and it works now!

Thanks a lot !
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

Offline Chickenshot

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 20-11-2020, 05:11:30 »
I am having issues with the bots in Crete_1941 the paratroopers getting stuck behind fences and walls. Any advice on solving this problem? Like maybe editing the walls?