Author Topic: Still not online  (Read 419 times)

Offline Bikewer

• View Profile
Still not online
« on: 31-07-2012, 20:07:16 »
I recently got a new computer and thought I'd re-install BF2 and FH after not playing for about a year.   No problems with the installation...
However, I get constant Punkbuster "communication" errors when I try to join a server.
"Service Communication Failure, PnkBstr A .exe"     Evidently this is a fairly common problem.

I think what's going on is that my IGN account for BF2 has expired, and I have been jumping through hoops trying to re-establish that account with no luck.  I keep getting error messages like "account invalid".
With BF2 unable to connect, Punkbuster doesn't connect, and thus it doesn't update.

I tried copying the Punkbuster folder and putting it in the FH folder, and even manually updating... No love.

Still limited to singleplayer....

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
Re: Still not online
« Reply #1 on: 31-07-2012, 20:07:31 »
I also used to have that error,
Have you updated Battlefield 2 with punkbuster?

LINK: http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=dl-bf2.php

Just patch up the punkbuster files for BF2 and maybe it'll work!  :)
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31-07-2012, 22:07:45 »
Also, this can be moved to /Help

Offline Bikewer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31-07-2012, 23:07:36 »
OK, finally got it with a little help from the Even Balance folks.    Punkbuster had never been installed.  I thought that since the "PB" folder was present in BF2, it was there.
Not so... I had to install the thing from a link they gave me.
Then it showed up on my Zone Alarm programs list.   I checked all the "allow" buttons and got right on.....