Author Topic: realism?  (Read 11139 times)

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
Re: realism?
« Reply #105 on: 05-08-2010, 22:08:28 »
Speaking of languages, does Dutch have much intonation in it?  Cause Fuchs has a really monotone voice.  

Yes they do.

Fuchs is just a boring fuck......That reminds me.  Has he posted as of late?  I am getting worried.

Edit:  Last active July 30th.   :(  Anyone know of his whereabouts?

Either he is dead, or he is ashamed because of how regularly I beat him in Left 4 Dead 2 and in Total War games.  
Though I hope he comes back because me, him and Tedacious are like the Three Musketeers.

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 06-08-2010, 00:08:00 »
well mumble sounds awesome too me, and we need to start a campaign to get more people using mics. the game is 100% more fun when in a mic squad

Offline gr770

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 06-08-2010, 06:08:32 »
All of them are.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 06-08-2010, 07:08:03 »
And angrybeaver ftw also

hehehe

Quote from: angrybeaver
Get fucked... just get focked.

;D ;D
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 06-08-2010, 11:08:55 »
Dutch is pretty much guttural, i.e speaking from the gut. We share that with Arabic people who als speak from the gut. That's why for most people they only hear our hard G's.

I wouldn't call it monotome, could be that Fuchs is just very boring in TS  ;)

I like Rusty_Steel's accent, sounds very nice in VIOP and Ezy's one. It's an advantage to be a native English speaker.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Penchesz

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 08-08-2010, 03:08:15 »
Hi! Regarding to subject of this topic I've got a question. Before I posted here, I did some quick forum search, but I didn't find anything that would fit at 100% as answer. So... is it possible to impement a weather-change system in BF2? I mean... does the game engine allow that kind of things?

Oh, and weather-change in my opinion = in ex. sometimes its raining, sometimes not, maybe "moving" clouds on the sky, etc.. I found some posts about day/night cycle (PRmod) but naaah. It wouldn't fit to FH2 + those problems with lightmaps.

I've got some programming skills, and modding experience (unfortunately NOT with BF2), so I'm just asking is it possible with that engine? If yes, well... I could try to do that :) ... but what the FH2 community think 'bout it? Or maybe there is something like that already implemented? (I'm now downloading the newest version - my last game was on v2.1  :-X). Cheers!

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 08-08-2010, 03:08:37 »
I'd say it is theoretically possible to have moving rain clouds and rain effects (although I don't think it would be good for performance). However what is impossible is changing lightmaps, so it is very hard to change lightsettings in a dynamic way.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 08-08-2010, 04:08:51 »
Anctoville does this client side (lightnings), amirite?

Offline Sgt. Powderhound

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 08-08-2010, 10:08:55 »
There was a demo a while ago of a moving sun in PR, but the opinion here seemed to be that it was more trouble than it was worth.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 08-08-2010, 10:08:49 »
Yes because it can't change the lightmaps. And on Anctoville only the sky picture flashes, terrain remains dark.

Offline TigerAce

• The hunter of the hedgerows
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 08-08-2010, 11:08:42 »
I think I heard somewhere that BF3 (EA is still deciding whether or not to make it) is going to be moddable or something cause there getting spammed by all those angry modders out there  ;)
"The roar of my 88 is only matched by the boom of a Sherman exploding"

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 08-08-2010, 13:08:46 »
I think I heard somewhere that BF3 (EA is still deciding whether or not to make it) is going to be moddable or something cause there getting spammed by all those angry modders out there  ;)
BF3 is being made.

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
« Reply #117 on: 08-08-2010, 14:08:08 »
EA dont care about angry modders

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #118 on: 08-08-2010, 19:08:09 »
Sad but true. They only care about money. Especially if they come out with something that's "Free 2 play".
Unlike Ubisoft, Codemasters, Relic, etc. etc. EA doesn't care about fan base cause they have a vast games university. From Moh to Battlefield to NFS to I don't know what....

Offline flamedexter

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 08-08-2010, 22:08:39 »
my 2cents.
The game does not need graphical eye candy improvement it will just make the server lag much worse, right now, what it needs is more game play features(eastern and pacific campaign ftw) and stuff that will encourage and improve teamwork.

I don't care if a medic would resurrect or heal a soldier unrealistically in game but if that would bring people to a squad then so be it, just as long it isn't exactly like in vanilla bf2
I don't mind if a tank needs two people to operate, if those two crewmen communicate and work together, then they deserved the fun of kill streaks