Author Topic: Petrol Bombs' usage in the upcoming Eastern Front  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Petrol Bombs' usage in the upcoming Eastern Front
« on: 25-08-2013, 23:08:26 »
The petrol bomb, or so called molotov cocktail was used a lot during the Continuation war, and generally the Eastern Front, and since we have the Eastern Front upcoming, what are the chances we see the petrol bombs in selected or pick-up kits? Or will it stay as a weapon exclusive to Ramelle-Neuville?

Also, I think more flames should come out when it bursts, just 2 isnt enough and looks unrealistic.

After the riots here in Turkey, I got the chance to watch a molotov explode close by (not a good thing, extreme heat bursts toward you suddenly) and I can say the molotov effects in FH2 are rather unrealistic. The flames should be more, or the fire should look like its a liquid that caught fire on the surface. That might be hard to implement in the BF2 engine, but at least more flames could be good.

What's you guys' opinions?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Petrol Bombs' usage in the upcoming Eastern Front
« Reply #1 on: 26-08-2013, 01:08:48 »
In the start of Continuation War, Finns still kept the cocktails in their arsenal but as more anti-tank weaponry came available, they did not have to rely on cocktails anymore, especially since newer enemy tanks couldnt be dealt with cocktails as effectively as the older designs during the previous war. 

Satchel charges, tellermines, anti-tank rifles and guns and eventually german hand-held AT-weapons replaced the cocktails quite fast. So as a Finnish weapon they havent got a place in maps that are after the winter 41-42.

However, in a Winter War map they could have it as a primary AT-weapon.

Offline Damaso

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-08-2013, 03:08:22 »
Cockail Molotov efect should be like in GTA IV...

it would be enough realistic for a game like Forgotten Hope 2 i think...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-08-2013, 11:08:24 »

oh yeah, effects from game which came out almost 4 years later should be enough for a game from 2005 on the old refractor 2 engine  ::)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26-08-2013, 12:08:26 »

oh yeah, effects from game which came out almost 4 years later should be enough for a game from 2005 on the old refractor 2 engine  ::)

Well maybe he just meant improved (or he played GTA IV on low :P) ... Obviously effects can be made better, as PR dev team has shown, but it does cost some stability  and performance (as numerous FPS drop reports on PR forums have shown).
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26-08-2013, 21:08:50 »
I didnt mean the efect should be exacly like in GTA IV... but at least the form of it... like turkish command described it, it must be the same way an cockail molotov hit the ground in GTA IV

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26-08-2013, 21:08:26 »
I didnt mean the efect should be exacly like in GTA IV... but at least the form of it... like turkish command described it, it must be the same way an cockail molotov hit the ground in GTA IV

turkish command

turkish command

turkish command

;D

Offline Damaso

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26-08-2013, 22:08:00 »
Oh! sorry! i mean...  i think than there was somewone called: turkishcommando, and somehow i just described you as turkishcommando xD

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26-08-2013, 22:08:44 »
I am him, I just changed my name :)

Anyways, back to the petrol bombs.

I'd really like to see them used more, and I want a "menner gegen panzer" map with lots of different AT weaponry, including petrol bombs. Something like that would be cool.
« Last Edit: 26-08-2013, 22:08:19 by Turkish007 »