Author Topic: Having successfully added the OstFront maps, I now want to...  (Read 792 times)

Offline nickm

• View Profile
Add some new maps if any are available for use in single player: The various Pacific Island maps (Guadacanal, Tarawa, etc) Italian/Sicilian Maps; Sainte Mare Eglise, Carentan & other 'paratrooper-centric' maps...now I don't know if I can do that in co-op/sp or not but I am grateful for any help.

Thanks ahead of time

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
Hey nickm. You can find more COOP maps in this thread: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=20003.0, all of them by Darman. Here you will find some NA maps plus Western Europe, including St. Mére Église, Carentan and Bloody Gulch (Hill 30). Same procedures to install and run them, so I think you'll have no issues here.

About Italy and Pacific Theatres, the CMP have quite a good number of maps, BUT they are not available to SP/COOP. Darman said in occasion he could take a look on these, but the man hasn't posted anything for a while, so he's probably busy with stuff somewhere. In a conspiracy thought, I think (and that's only me, and I can be wrong) he's working with the devs to bring some awesome news to the SP/COOP community in the next patch... Who knows.

But I can assure you that his map packs are worth the try, and keep coming back to see if some new shit are available here.

Best regards,

batistadk

Offline nickm

• View Profile
Thank you...however, when I tried to download I started getting a malicious virus warning... :'(; seems this happens whenever I try to upgrade my favorite 'vanilla' games too much)-- (Freespace SCP; IL2 1946; FH2)

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
Humm, this looks strange. I've been modding BF1942, BF2 and IL-2 1946 with multiple mods (BF1918, FH, FH2, PR:BF2, VPModPack) in multiple computers using different OS, and never got such warnings.

You might want take a look at your anti-virus and other security configs. Some of them can be a real PITA and keep telling you everything you install on your rig is a "virus". Norton and McAfee are notable for such behavior.

Hope you get everything running safe and sound!

Best regards,

batistadk

Offline nickm

• View Profile
That's the thing...I don't think it was my anti virus (I don't have one-just the Free Windows Defender); I clicked on the North Africa maps link & I suddenly got this stark white & black square GUI flashing on my screen telling me a malicious virus had been detected & I should enter my email--along with other text I could not read because the GUI was made up of several overlapping parts. I unplugged from the 'net and then I tried to close the GUI-which I did with a lot of trouble. Anyway, that was the end of that adventure.

Offline Knochenlutscher

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
As a an active Modder in the IL-2 community I can say from Mods alone you don't receive
such stuff. Some OS and Antivirus may want to prevent you from using archives,
giving warnings and refusing to let it install. With proper Admin rights this can be tackled.

Sounds like some serious malware stuff, here affecting your Browser, maybe the sytem itself.
I would backup stuff and start serious business, formatting, setting up your rig again.
Fighting such a case is hilarious and often makes things worser than it is building up all again.
Just my 0,02 €

Best wishes
"Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle."

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
I'm with Knochen. Looks like your browser, or your system is already compromised somehow. Probably the malware was already in your system before you tried to download the files.

And yes, at least for me, the formatting is the best option in this case. You'll be sure nothing have left and will give some fresh air for your machine. So, time to get that external drive, save everything you can and get down to business. Good luck!

Best regards,

batistadk