Author Topic: 762 servers  (Read 3792 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: 762 servers
« Reply #15 on: 25-01-2017, 20:01:12 »

If you want to flank a whole defensive system, you use large scale units, a company, most of the time combined arms. I dare you to find actually events where an army sent a jeep with 4 guys, or landed a piper in order to disrupt forces.

Again, not a server administration issue, but a map design one. Personally I don't put jeeps on my maps, only trucks and sometimes apcs.

Offline Sgt.Collins

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25-01-2017, 20:01:09 »
I agree with you. I highlighted these facts because added to the spawnkilling and red crossed rule, the mod does not reflect its description. Not due to mappers (in a certain way) but mostly to players. I agee with you that mappers have to think about  how players would play their map in a competitive way. But in big maps, piper, jeeps, fast commando cars are here and it's normal. Most of the problem is behaviour of players, espacially SL. And I think, server rules would be most respectful to the description of the mod if they rewarded a good gameplay, teamwork in the respect of designed Push mode.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25-01-2017, 20:01:45 »
 :-\ you really don't seem to be very understanding. You've been less than polite in many of your comments and insinuated that the admins of the server are twisting the rules to suit there gameplay. This simply isn't true, and Odium gave you the same amount of respect that you seem to be giving the server that he runs.

Most of your problems seem to be with the game itself and less with how the server is admined. We're not here to make up for the games drawbacks. Spawncamping, fighting behind lines, taking a plane to a back flag to cap it are all things that are part of an FPS game like Battlefield. A lot of these things ruin my immersion too, but I realize that I'm playing a modification for a 10 year old game engine.

You also seem to be hung up on the fact that I said 'spawn camping isn't strictly against the rules.' It's true, it's not written anywhere here;
http://www.762-ranking.de/site/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26
if we made this a rule there would be far more implications than the rare situation that you encountered. I'd have to kick an entire team for capping the last flag on Ramelle for example, because capping that flag inherently forces you to kill anyone spawning at it.

The admins are here to make sure that people aren't deliberately ruining the gameplay for everyone else. In the situation that you wrote up, I don't believe that anyone in our squad was actively trying to ruin anyone's gaming experience (that's not to say that nobody's gaming experience was ruined). Instead, we were playing the game as it's allowed to be played ad happened to run into a 'bug' in the map that (imo) couldn't be avoided. I didn't do this just because I'm an admin, I've been spawn killed on that flag 100s of times and it sucks every time. But I'm not going to kick someone who's playing the objective the way the map is meant to be played.

Now, if someone's standing back there and killing Germans while the Bunker flags haven't even been taken, that's a different story, and it's our (the admins') discretion to kick that person if we think they are being a detriment our server.

If you want to propose a rule change, that's fine, you can discuss that on the 762 forums and it will be taken up internally. But don't insinuate that the admins are here to suit their own gameplay. There are many other factors that we (as admins) have to consider when we enforce the rules, not just one person's experience.

Offline pureperversions

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25-01-2017, 21:01:54 »
is there a way to punish players who die with in 100m of a uncappable flag in similar way you get minus points for teamkills ?

Offline Sgt.Collins

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25-01-2017, 21:01:16 »
Matthew,

It's true, I have the feeling that admins do that since that very game on Pointe Du Hoc where at least 2 admins were in that squad. Since my report went to the moon. No response at all.

And the fact that you said you had no choice but to flank us the way you did is absolutly unbelievable, unbelievable. Once again, you could have been surprised to get yourself behind the spawn area and move out of it. This clearly wasn't the case for the SL where rangers spawned and at least jobbab stayed by the rocks to spawnkill.

You tell me, dont be dumb, spawn elsewhere... Wtf? What's the message sent by that? What kind of gameplay do you promote?
So now, if I play your way, I will go BEHIND spawnarea to spawn kill players and I'll tell them spawn elsewhere "!rules, see you're fucked and let us win this flag ( and maybe the game)".

Tell me where this is good for immersion, for fun, for gameplay?

And sorry to tell that, but as I looked at the admin list, and how surprised to see so many guys there! I do see most of the admin community going SL and playing maps as written above, in a excessive competitive way.

And I repeat, if anyone of your squad or even better... Odium admits that their behaviour was not respectful ( not to the server rules obviously) but to the players. Indeed you ruined the end of the game, people won this map without doing that. I keep thinking this was intentional to cut german reinforcments towards the guns emplacement. This is making sense in a military way, but not in a game where I think you should consider this: there are almost no rules during a war, there are in a game.

Also, precaping red crossed ruins the gameplay in my opinion because added to the rest I said, it accelerates the game. Once more, is it supposed to be like that in FH2, where historical and realism gameplay matters, if any dev could tell me what's the official vision of gameplay, would be very interesting.

And there are other words, others way to defend himself that writting what he wrote, and to be sufficient like he was.

I haven't been sufficient, I have wrote what I thought, never used an insult of any kind. I understand admin community could be bothered by what I said, but again... Pay attention to the way of writting things.

I read some ban complaints on 762 forum, I see Podium is used to do that. So clearly, I dont see the point of asking to change the rules on your forums as he already locked the topic on his web site and clearly denies my request by saying what he said.

I wanted to discuss, that's all. Maybe to propose a change, but I see he has the power and is like a King, the rule is never discuss my decision "you're wong", " don't "bitch".

And this Guy is running the only FH2 servers... Wow!

I would pay for official server with respect of the official way to play maps, official way to think map gameplay. Really.

The top of the shitty ( don't find any other words to express that) thing could happen to me, is to be threatened ingame now, or kicked at the first TK unintentional and since I lost a part of my faith in admins (espcially when reading your boss) and request strongly new rules.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #20 on: 25-01-2017, 21:01:30 »
Since my report went to the moon. No response at all.

When I read this, I see someone who wants attention and not a serious discussion.
My 2 cents, don't waste your time. Although I appreciate the effort, Matt.
Sandre and I discussed this thread's first post today. We gaged the unfriendly and pretentious style of it.
Then I decided to write my reply (which gave a proper answer).

His replies so far have proven our opinions and predictions about Monsieur Collins exactly right.
I suppose dictatorialshipments behind this affair.

It is simple: SET UP YOUR OWN SERVER. DO IT BETTER.
Good bye and thanks for all the fish.
« Last Edit: 25-01-2017, 21:01:48 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25-01-2017, 22:01:37 »
Yea, I tried to be polite in both my posts. But oh well.

So now, if I play your way, I will go BEHIND spawnarea to spawn kill players and I'll tell them spawn elsewhere "!rules, see you're fucked and let us win this flag ( and maybe the game)".

FYI, probably not the best idea to insinuate that you're going to come onto our server and destroy gameplay just to spite us or 'prove a point.' :P

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25-01-2017, 22:01:22 »
Yeah.. that's good enough for now. Thanks.