Author Topic: United Front Update 6: Run to the Hills  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
United Front Update 6: Run to the Hills
« on: 01-11-2009, 10:11:39 »

United Front News Update 6: Run to the Hills

Welcome to yet another update of United Front. This time we are gonna show you the ingenuity of the Allied Forces as well as some other great stuff. On Tuesday of last week UF invited people to come participate in a movie of sorts and we shot two movies on different maps. One was an actual movie with scenes that is not ready yet, and then we decided to actually have the people fight it out on the second map and see what happens. So, to that end here is the movie titled Ostmark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI78LsxpRGg

Now some explanations about why this movie is significant for our update.

Ostmark is a map based on the Alps. It is essentially an American Force with Italian alpine troops supporting them vs German soldiers holding positions. It will be included as one of our first maps when it is entirely bug tested and play tested.

There are only two Shermans in this Video.

The M4A3R3 flame tank, known to us lovingly as Trogdor the Burninator. The flame tank in warfare is generally used to supplement the attacks for fortifications, such as bunkers, trenches, forts, etc. The flame tank in WW2 was utilized by every major combatant.For example, you had the US M4A3R3 [Sherman],  German Flammpanzer 3[Panzer 3 chassis], the British Churchill Crocodile [Churchill], and the T34 Variant, as well as others.

The other Sherman was the M4(105), which was a Sherman fitted with a 105mm Howitzer. Its AP ability was unsatisfactory against heavy German Armor, as evidenced by the 105mm vs Tiger II shoot out in which both scored a hit, but only the 105 was hurt. So its main use came with its HE ability as basically a mobile artillery piece.

At time 2:20 you can see a German shoot a Panzerfaust at a tank, while it is not apparent due to the closeness of the shot. What he shot was a Panzerfaust 100, which was the final version produced in large quantities, it was available from November of 1944 till the end of the war. The difference between this and the Panzerfaust 30 is that the 100 had a bigger penetration (220 vs 200) and a bigger max range (100 vs 30)

At time 2:40 and 3:36 you can see a Fully Automatic M1A1 Carbine. This was known as the M2 Carbine, which was a select fire [single or full auto] weapon introduced in 1944.

Now on to the thank yous.

We would personally like to thank the FH2 devs for creating the Base Panzerfaust, M1 Carbine, and the base Shermans.  Without which the variants of said weapons and vehicles would be impossible.

We would also like to thank the FH2 Forum members Arisaka, Kettcar, and Achtungsnow as well as the plethora of World at War Members who showed up to help us with this movie and the other movie that should be online soon.

Well that is all for today, but not by far all we have to show you. We will see you next week for another update from The United Front.

As always if you would like to donate anything, work with us, or want to trade equipment we are more then happy to oblige, just PM Paasky or visit our forums at http://z3.invisionfree.com/UnitedFrontMod/index.phpcombatantcombatant

It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: United Front Update 6: Run to the Hills
« Reply #1 on: 01-11-2009, 12:11:37 »
It says "copyright restricitions on the video" o0

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
« Reply #2 on: 01-11-2009, 13:11:04 »
This Video dont work in Germany (Sound Violations) but use this Side:

http://www.vimuto.com/

And Copy the Youtube url above

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01-11-2009, 13:11:23 »
You could use the Gebirgsjäger models for the Germans. And since you want to make new models, how about one of those italian assault guns? Especially the GBJ often had support from those captured vehicles. Would be a bit more believable than driving a kingtiger up there.

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #4 on: 01-11-2009, 14:11:38 »
I'm guessing from the update names your an Iron Maiden fan :P

Offline Kildar

• Have a nice day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01-11-2009, 16:11:52 »
I'm guessing from the update names your an Iron Maiden fan

Update6: Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden - Alpine Mountain
Update5: Of Wolf and Man - Metallica - October prank
Update4: The Memory Remains - Metallica - blown up buildings....Get it REMAINS
Update3: Aces High - Iron Maiden - Airplanes
Update2: Where Ever I May Roam - Metallica - Scout Car

Good Guess, I am gonna have to come up with new themes.

Copyrights

Hmm Germany... Paasky will get on that.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #6 on: 01-11-2009, 18:11:04 »
  Ohhh faust 100!  I want!
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01-11-2009, 19:11:56 »
  Ohhh faust 100!  I want!
I second the notion

Offline EddieRizla

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01-11-2009, 23:11:25 »
Do you have a IL-2, god i loved that plane in Il2 Birds of prey.  :P
There was one in BGF, but pretty low quality compared to FH2 although it seemed like the most detailed vehicle in the mod.
Keep the fantastic updates coming.
MY SIGNATUR WAS OVERSIZED!