Author Topic: United Front News Post 3: Aces High  (Read 3949 times)

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
United Front News Post 3: Aces High
« on: 25-10-2009, 15:10:59 »

News Update 3: Aces High

Welcome to another update of our mod United Front. I would like to say we have gone for three weeks without missing an update and we are not gonna start now, so without further ado we are going to show case our first fighter. The Polikarpov I-16.

The Polikarpov I-16 was a revolutionary fighter plane designed in 1933. It was the first ever monowing fighter with a retractable landing gear. The I-16 saw use in the Russian army as the most numerous aircraft at the start of the war and at 3000 feet could compete with the BF109 on nearly equal terms. Also The aircraft saw operation under many different countries such as the Finns, the Chinese, the Spainish, and even the Germans. The Armament of this fighter included four PV-1 Machine guns and up to 100 kgs of bombs. Other variants included cannons, rockets, and other machine guns. The Polikarpov was also used as part of Zveno project as the remora aircraft, to the TB-3s mothership.

Well that is all for today, but not by far all we have to show you. We will see you next week for another update from The United Front.

As always if you would like to donate anything, work with us, or want to trade equipment we are more then happy to oblige, just PM Paasky or visit our forums at http://z3.invisionfree.com/UnitedFrontMod/index.php?act=idx
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: United Front News Post 3: Aces High
« Reply #1 on: 25-10-2009, 15:10:34 »
Nice work guys, as for the plane size i was thinking Are polikarov I-16's really that small? And WOW nice scaling I don't think i've ever seen a plane that small except for ultralights!

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25-10-2009, 17:10:11 »
I'd rather see the Cobra...

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-10-2009, 18:10:05 »
I'd rather see the Cobra...

It's posts like these that continue to affirm your status not as the much-loved 'village idiot' you seem to think you are, but just as a dick who no-one actually likes or cares about around here.

Great work, obviously a lower-poly model than FH2 standard but I respect your reasons for that - it's great to get new and interesting content into the mod from the community so we can 'smash each other to bits' :) Looking forward to seeing how she flies - I expect extremely maneuverable?
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25-10-2009, 18:10:39 »
Nice I-16, very perdy :D

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25-10-2009, 18:10:29 »
oh, WAIT....that is the plane i was talking about...where did cobra come from? hmm

@medow: Like i give a flying f*ck what an ex-4chan member thinks
« Last Edit: 25-10-2009, 21:10:37 by The Warrior (CnJ) »

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #6 on: 25-10-2009, 18:10:59 »
This little aeroplane always makes me smile. It simply looks so much like a toy that defeating enemies with it is so statisfying..

Anyway, great job, but one question, as I've seen screenshots of the stuff ingame, can you show off a video of your creation?

Oh and I have to second Meadow on his opinion about our lunatic.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25-10-2009, 19:10:47 »
Great work, obviously a lower-poly model than FH2 standard but I respect your reasons for that - it's great to get new and interesting content into the mod from the community so we can 'smash each other to bits' :) Looking forward to seeing how she flies - I expect extremely maneuverable?
Does she go. Say no more, nudge nudge.

Very fast roll rate, smaller turning circle than any other plane, but bad in reverse turning (pushing the nose) as the engine can't take the negative G's or it would stop. Less hitpoints and less effective guns than the 109E but those ShVAK's spew out 1200 bullets/min each.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25-10-2009, 20:10:02 »
Does she go. Say no more, nudge nudge.

Very fast roll rate, smaller turning circle than any other plane, but bad in reverse turning (pushing the nose) as the engine can't take the negative G's or it would stop. Less hitpoints and less effective guns than the 109E but those ShVAK's spew out 1200 bullets/min each.
sounds like my kind of girl

Offline Kildar

• Have a nice day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26-10-2009, 01:10:14 »
This little aeroplane always makes me smile. It simply looks so much like a toy that defeating enemies with it is so statisfying..

Anyway, great job, but one question, as I've seen screenshots of the stuff ingame, can you show off a video of your creation?

Oh and I have to second Meadow on his opinion about our lunatic.

:-) Thanks for the idea Fuchs.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26-10-2009, 09:10:55 »
What did I do?  ???
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
« Reply #11 on: 26-10-2009, 10:10:24 »
why you make a minimod? and dont try to bring your skills in FH2 ?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26-10-2009, 10:10:33 »
They want the Eastern Front, I don't see FH doing that right now.

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
« Reply #13 on: 26-10-2009, 11:10:51 »
so, if they do a new scenario faster than the FHteam, with the same quality, they must become devs. ^^ When not, its al lower, lower quality and nobody want play it? remeber, what all stuff do you need (weapons, vehicles, skins, soldiers, maps....)
have a look to PR, how many people working on the communityprojects, and is one of them release? no, the russians are in, and the germans will come with 0.9, but all the work is going into the mainmod. they know, alone there is no chance to bring up one server. so, in my opinion, the best way is to earn some skills and work hand in hand with the devs (if they want) and bring it up with the fh quality. otherwise, you waste time and work and motivation.

Offline Kildar

• Have a nice day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26-10-2009, 13:10:38 »
have a look to PR, how many people working on the communityprojects, and is one of them release? no

One of you FH vets, for I am but a simple n00b to this community, please explain to me how the PR community is like FHs community?

otherwise, you waste time and work and motivation.

No one does any work on the internet. Work = Force*Distance. No one ever goes any where, I would hardly say any force is used. Time, the internet is by nature a waste of time since you aren't getting paid/laid for it. Motivation.. I would say we are using that pretty well =)

. they know, alone there is no chance to bring up one server.

Actually we are looking at the very least one, a very popular very least one. That we won't even have to buy our selves =D.

so, if they do a new scenario faster than the FHteam, with the same quality, they must become devs.

or we could still be our selves?

(weapons, vehicles, skins, soldiers, maps....)

The only thing we haven't shown you  in the update yet is maps, weapons, and soldiers, those will be forth coming.

and nobody want play it?

Quote from: fuchs

Anyway, great job

Quote from: Meadow
it's great to get new and interesting content into the mod from the community so we can 'smash each other to bits'

Quote from: Aggroman
I'm very interested in this project

Quote from:  :| Hi
Awesome, good lcuk to you guys

It seems the FH community likes us, and as for no one wanting to play us, World at War is letting us test our stuff piece by piece in the  tournament [ A vehicle here, a weapon here] so it seems they  want us... so...?
« Last Edit: 26-10-2009, 13:10:34 by Kildar »