Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 65718 times)

Offline justasug

• View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #540 on: 31-01-2018, 15:01:58 »
The SMG you can get as a SL is only an incentive on the few maps with urban fighting, where other people pick the assault kits with SMGs. Either way, I don't have a problem with the SL SMGs. I was just wondering whether the "limiting SLs to the SL kit" and "fixing SL roulette by being able to spawn on SL kits only" ideas made sense.

as SL you really should be focusing on leading/positioning/smoke nades
While it that makes sense and I agree with it, my in-game experience differs.
I've noticed that people either don't always spawn on you when you're too far away from the flag at a safe distance or they do, but proceed in a completely different direction (despite the attack marker being on the flag). The only way to get them to spawn on you and head for the flag is to be right next to it, in capping distance. I've had plenty of rounds where I just hid somewhere slightly away from the flag to serve as a mobile spawnpoint with a full squad and they failed to capture it.
That's when I started just recklessly attacking and getting into the flag-zones. While I do die all the time, that one time it succeeds, the squad captures the flag and moves on to the next. Of course there's the alternative of being a squad member and only starting a squad once in flag distance, but it's equally "not-teamworky and unrealistic".

tl;dr: being aggressive as a SL has paid off more for me than being careful and staying back

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 31-01-2018, 17:01:06 »
Oh I'm definitely a proponent of leading from the front as the SL- screw being just a mobile spawn- I toss smoke, charge in, and get the rest of the squad to follow my lead.  Their ability to spawn on me is just a side bonus, a way to keep momentum going.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 01-02-2018, 15:02:55 »
One great idea for reviving medic kit:
So at moment medic kit is useless. And bf2 reviving thing is not an option as very not realistic or feasible.
But why not giving option for medic do place like little field hospital?
- It would look like two big bags and third bag opened on top of these two
-It would have restricted ammo of 'heal' :D
-Medic kit would have one of these but he would be able to rearm these(long rearm time ~45sec)
-Medic would still have pistol,knife and 6 bandages so he can work around the hospital.Only pistol because he needed to carry bags(realism right  :D)
-Medic would get points for healing people when people use it,as much as posible better
-Remove rearming bandages at ammo boxes or make it longer so people prefer medic field hospital where they will get bandages immideatly and also started being healed when near. This would basically served as flag hospital while aslo boosting defence capability of squad.
-When placed it would have red cross marker on HUD so people can see where can refil bandages and heal themselves

+Give medic ability(even vbf2 one) to see who is low health so he can run there and throw him bandage

Basically medic would become co-squadleader as people would bunch around it to get healed. And imagine good squads like Hezenauers or SteinerCross if had these medics around would really make good diference and dinamic at battles.

Would like if devs could look at idea and acept it as I think is really neat addon for medics and teamwork altogether. Well atleast give nowadays medics ability to see who is low on health so he can run to him and give bandages.
Cheers
« Last Edit: 01-02-2018, 15:02:54 by Ivancic1941 »
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 02-02-2018, 17:02:50 »
Anyone else alive here? What do you think about this up I posted?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 02-02-2018, 18:02:14 »
We are alive, just nobody cares about the medic in the game where 9 of 10 shots are deadly, and being wounded is a weird rarity  ;)
« Last Edit: 02-02-2018, 18:02:13 by jan_kurator »

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 02-02-2018, 21:02:19 »
Too bad people arent willing anymore to discuss etc. Maybe you are alive,but admit that forums are pretty dead exept Picture of the day thread. Real disscusions are unknow to this forum for 2 years, devs and moderators bearly answer newbies and even rest like suggestions etc. Even update get bearly over 2 pages in thread. Thats why lately I prefer PR forums as devs are more open toward comunity when almost every question bug suggestion get answer etc. Maybe here is not place to talk about it but that from me on this forum. Such I good mod.
(*not making drama because my suggestion is not acepted but one observation that is becoming frustrating after these years)

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 02-02-2018, 22:02:16 »
Your suggestions are very welcome, but Jan also speaks the truth when he says that the importance of the medic is very limited, given how lethal hits usually are. Also the Dev team is currently consisting of just a few active people who put more interested in in keeping development going, than keeping the forums alive with merry tales and discussions about things that were already discussed in depth years ago. The age of the bf2 engine just makes fresh suggestions really unlikely by now.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 02-02-2018, 22:02:02 »
In all seriousness, this medic topic has been debated to death! There really isn't much more to discuss. Jan mentions that most of the times you get one-shotted... and that's it. I cannot remember the last time I actually bled to death.

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=18321.0
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=1969.0
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=17043.0
List goes on.

If you prefer the game of PR, that's your decision.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 02-02-2018, 23:02:24 »
Well sorry guys for that,just somehow I always stick around FH2 and forums. I always want to see more,then some ideas come to my mind and post it here. Now I see that this sort of inactivity comes from actualy these topics discused to death. Cheers

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 02-02-2018, 23:02:18 »
No worries.

Have to keep in mind that we have a lot of other stuff going on in the background you don't see being developed/worked (which more often than not has more priority).

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: 02-02-2018, 23:02:28 »
Btw, for another potential avenue for discussions, consider joining the FH2 discord .

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 02-02-2018, 23:02:31 »
discord is the place to be  8)

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 04-02-2018, 14:02:44 »
Yeah, I agree. That would be amazing!

Offline Adûnâi

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 04-03-2018, 17:03:08 »
I've just had a few ideas to make Seelow cooler! And no, neither has flying saucers!

1. Add hanging traitors' corpses to the streets of Seelow! You know, those with the signs "Ich bin ein Feigling" (could only find from the movie)?

2. Could you add a few bikes? There are quite a few on Sfakia, and I think, they would fit the atmosphere of Seelow!
The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 04-03-2018, 19:03:06 »
Can we please talk about ducking in commander's cupolas of the tanks again? Since you guys are obviously focusing on the small visuals, as well as the big maps in the next patch...

I believe it's a small thing that needs to be fixed, but since I don't know the bf2 vehicle coding specifics it might also potentially be a lot of work in tweaking all the different tanks FH2 has?

I know it's possible because there's that checkbox in the editor to turn it on, an it was implemented in Battlefield Heroes...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...