Author Topic: 3x the amount of all vehicles & 150 bots lead to satisfying big battles!  (Read 1097 times)

Offline DutchGuyMike

• View Profile
I can't really think of any game that gives this kind of gameplay, in this manner... ?
Iron Front came close but the troop numbers were too little, and there were too few vehicles around (IMO)

Oh, and messing with the game files you can give yourself pretty much any weapon or vehicle you want, quite easily. However, this is only for singleplayer! i also did an edit in which I made the StG44 behave more like it does in other "shooter games", giving it considerably less recoil when aim/zoom firing, which feels great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NFIaEKroDM

What cha'll think?

Offline nickm

• View Profile
The game play is pretty 'frenzied' but it's great. Almost seems like a Napoleonic era slugging match.

Offline DutchGuyMike

• View Profile
The game play is pretty 'frenzied' but it's great. Almost seems like a Napoleonic era slugging match.
Hey!

Indeed, it is quite frenzied and fun! I was considering making a sub-mod for Forgotten Hope where I'd increase the vehicle count on each map (within reason/balance) and slightly change weapon handling to make it more fair for when you'd fight against bots, but I am not sure anyone would be interested in it (since such a sub-mod would require a good amount of time in order to be made properly, and I am not sure if the developers are even "ok" with sub-mods).