Author Topic: Is there a way to load one and the same .con file for any map?  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Skull Kid

• View Profile
Hello all,

I might be new to this site, but first got introduced to Battlefield 1942 back in 2002, when it first was released. Now with Battlefield 2 Forgotten Hope 2 I am, like in Battlefield 1942, bypassing the "Unauthorised method!" to be able to spawn any vehicle from Forgotten Hope 2 in single player only.

However, unlike Battlefield 1942, in Battlefield 2 (Forgotten Hope 2) I cannot seem to spawn any vehicle that isn't already on the map.

So, the question is: is there a way to make every vehicle in Forgotten Hope 2 spawnable without having to copy/paste them all from the Firing Range into the GamePlayObjects.con file for the specific map? Like, loading a .con file, including every vehicle in Forgotten Hope 2?

Thanks in advance!

Skull Kid

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
No, it is not possible to spawn every vehicle in the mod to a map without editing the gameplayobjects.con.
Vehicles need a place to spawn from.

There is a mod called BF2 Tactics that has "open" object spawners. That is you can buy the vehicles you want from an object spawn. https://www.moddb.com/mods/bf2-tactics. I have no idea how it works, but if you are really interested and commited I'm sure it is possible to mod it into FH2. Warning: that would take A LOT of time i guess.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
You also need to load whatever you want to spawn in the tmp.con of the map.