Author Topic: So who loves the USA?  (Read 9857 times)

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
Re: So who loves the USA?
« Reply #120 on: 01-11-2012, 09:11:46 »
^^ Similarly the many countries around the world laugh when the US tries to group people together from different regions in those countries culturally.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 01-11-2012, 10:11:31 »
The thing is, the disproportionate knowledge about what's going on in the Staten Island borrough of New York City is mindboggling. And how different the people is, to let's say those who live in Bronx.

And how we were invaded with anecdotes of Northern (Yanks) vs. Southern (Dixies) things. How the Texans, New Yorkers, Bostonians have their own accents, the East vs West coast thingy, why Chicago and NYC are liberals.

Now, nobody knows how distinct Indians or Chinese are. Tankbuster could be a Bengali, Tamil, Gujarati, Ladakhi, Sinhalese, or hunderds other groups... The Chinese, they also have that Southern and Northern thing, the coastal and the mountainous people, the central land, the northern land, the Tibetan, the Uyguhrs, etc. They are also different in culture, the way they live, how they view and perceive foreigners, etc. The only country that is quite homogenous is like Japan or South Korea I guess.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 01-11-2012, 19:11:14 »
Are you psychic, I am the First one :P . Most of the decision makers in different countries hate the American Government for their big brother attitude. Thus most of them support Anti American countries like the Former Soviet Union. This causes the American government to go into a panic as they believe that the country is becoming Communist and hence they increase their big brother attitude by trying to change the regime. It is a self perpetuating vicious cycle.

Offline stylie

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 01-11-2012, 21:11:14 »
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Good to see this place still does this shit. Ask yourselves one question. Has anyone created a poll to see what the world thinks of your country? My guess is probably not. Well, none worth talking about anyway.

Carry on!

~ A stylie joint.

A forum that does not embrace a stylie is flawed.

Biiviz

« Reply #124 on: 01-11-2012, 22:11:07 »
You chose a great time to re-appear stylie.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 01-11-2012, 22:11:11 »
Sure we do Stylie. Probably not in your daily news, but the rest of the world is pretty much informed.

Everybody loves Japan, China is more liked then US. EU is as much liked as the US, but they hate you more  ;D
Welcome back Stylie.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #126 on: 01-11-2012, 22:11:25 »
Surprisingly, Michiganders are very pro-USA. I've no idea why, but nearly everyone has an American flag here. It's beyond me.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 01-11-2012, 23:11:40 »

Good to see this place still does this shit. Ask yourselves one question. Has anyone created a poll to see what the world thinks of your country? My guess is probably not. Well, none worth talking about anyway.

Carry on!

STYLIE !!!!   fuck yeah, good to see you around. this made my day and it was kind of shitty up until now.

I like America but out of protest to the stringent rules about crossing the border, i have not actually been down to Washington state or elsewhere since 2002 or so,

I do get friends to smuggle me Tillamook cheese though, (as much as they can bring, I have a terrible addiction to high quality, well aged White cheddar that isn't chock full of Canadian Dairy board monopolies and Bovine growth Hormones).

I must confess that my life would suck without American TV and i fully intend to go to next years Electric Daisy Carnival and the Motorcycle auctions in Vegas. Airfare is so bloody cheap that it becomes an affordable goal. i also booked a 4th of july gig because i miss them so much, i guess the floodwater's have broken for me

next stop: Passport and Nexus clearance...
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 01-11-2012, 23:11:36 »
Why is Israel next to Iran nearly? Amazing how enemies can be so close in ratings!

You'd think Israel would get US vote or SOMETHING!

Also surprised Japan is so high but South Korea is so low.

Hint: I think stylie, I just think- we don't give a fuck what other countries think of other countries, only if it involves 'merica especially. 'MURICA!

Offline Tuco

• FH lurker since 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 02-11-2012, 03:11:45 »
Surprisingly, Michiganders are very pro-USA. I've no idea why, but nearly everyone has an American flag here. It's beyond me.

Is there something wrong with that?
If you have to shoot, shoot, dont talk.

Offline blue

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 02-11-2012, 04:11:42 »

Carry on!

STYLIE !!!!   fuck yeah, good to see you around. this made my day and it was kind of shitty up until now.

I like America but out of protest to the stringent rules about crossing the border, i have not actually been down to Washington state or elsewhere since 2002 or so,

I do get friends to smuggle me Tillamook cheese though, (as much as they can bring, I have a terrible addiction to high quality, well aged White cheddar that isn't chock full of Canadian Dairy board monopolies and Bovine growth Hormones).

I must confess that my life would suck without American TV and i fully intend to go to next years Electric Daisy Carnival and the Motorcycle auctions in Vegas. Airfare is so bloody cheap that it becomes an affordable goal. i also booked a 4th of july gig because i miss them so much, i guess the floodwater's have broken for me

Having been around the world, Canada is one of my favorite places to visit. It is like America if it was better run, and friendlier, with a better climate. Once climate change finishes off this country I am going to flee to yours.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 02-11-2012, 05:11:54 »
 I disagree,

Canada is like America...

we are far too close to not be similar.  We both pump shitloads of oil, we invade 3rd world countries, Canada has medicare/ USA has medicare, USA has weird christian cults/ Canada has weird cults as well... etc. We have so much common history that it's nigh impossible for the 2 countries to be truly distinct from each other.

The biggest difference i see is the density of the big cities and the ethnic make-up's that they respectively contain. I also like the diversity of State-centred identity that you find in the States. we have plenty of identity but our devolved power system means that each province (while Canadian) is entirely different in its' governance; whereas the USA (while giving States major control) maintains stronger control at the Federal level over affairs that matter.

If Hurricane Sandy had hit us hard, we would not have had a strong Federal response like we all saw this week in the States.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 02-11-2012, 06:11:30 »

Carry on!

come on down to portland for a hockey game and ill "smuggle" some cheese for ya!  I visit the tillamook cheese factory a few times a year.  also try "bandon" cheese  (its made by tillamook now, and usually a buck or 2 cheaper )

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 02-11-2012, 09:11:44 »
Why is Israel next to Iran nearly? Amazing how enemies can be so close in ratings!

You'd think Israel would get US vote or SOMETHING!

Also surprised Japan is so high but South Korea is so low.

Hint: I think stylie, I just think- we don't give a fuck what other countries think of other countries, only if it involves 'merica especially. 'MURICA!

Unlike Japan, South Korea is more highly nationalistic, narcisstic countries who embark on this campaign of national marketing (soft power projection) and cultural export. I must say, they are quite exclusive compared to other East Asians that they are also almost intolerant. I nearly have no sympathy for their cause, with the exception of their reunification with the North. They are somewhat anti-Japan (past history), anti-US (national pride thing), anti-China (both causes), and judging from their position, that is some kind of attitude to have. One thing I remember about them is that they can be easily upset if they found out that we didn't arrange their occassion using Korean stuffs (like renting TCL TV instead of Samsung for instance or serving non-Korean cigarette during a meeting).

When we were visited from South Korean President, a large Korean household electronic manufacturer erected a huge billboard near the city's main highway with these words: "Welcome Your Highness (sic) President Roh Moo-Hyun" in Korean, English and Indonesian with the president's picture on top of it. It was followed by many other Korean companies across the media with the same nationalistic tone.

But Koreans in the US is very very friendly. Perhaps they are the first Asian who approached you and introduce their name and starts the conversation. They are like the salt of the earth.

And Stylie,

Welcome back!

And to the question you suggest us to ask ourselves: of course, nobody gives a shite about my country. Thus seem to never set up any poll about that. But you need our copper and gold. And I am always a sucker for sodas and fast foods and cheap generic entertainment. So why don't we talk shit while embracing each other?

Offline Stefan

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 02-11-2012, 17:11:39 »
http://youtu.be/qtQLp9bR9-k?hd=1

thumbs up or the terrorists win
"It is the function of the CIA to keep the world unstable, and to propagandize and teach the American people to hate and fear, so we will let the Establishment spend any amount of money on arms."