Author Topic: Player models  (Read 4924 times)

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
Re: Player models
« Reply #15 on: 21-09-2009, 18:09:48 »
Is the german infantry face based on Morrisey (of The Smiths fame) or did I just recall another daydream.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
« Reply #16 on: 21-09-2009, 18:09:44 »
I think you're having another daydream, why you daydream about Morrisey, I don't know or want to know.. ;D

I think Zero made the face, and I think he made it from some football (soccer) team or something, not sure though :)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21-09-2009, 21:09:15 »
i like the German face... moreso the new ones than the old - Which is no afront as both were made by Zero, I believe

The old one is cool, but I suppose I've gotten used to them given that there is no variant - i.e, no NCO face for instance as is the case with the Brits

And is it just me of the Faces shown in the Tommy and Canucks for Normandy face never showed up... I still see that ugly runt, the Brit NCO running around Normandy with his post WW1 mustache - Nice enuff for the desert... But I figured a new look, as per the update was in order - The privates are also just as unshaven as NA... is there a reason for the lack of use of these modifications?

I do hope the devs include Germans with long clothes.. don't even know their names... like the ones in BOB's carentan hedgerow battle... Also, the Americans with the long clothes as was worn in Battle of the bulge

But frankly, save for the British/ Canadian faces, Normandy has the nicest set of models so far...

Also wish there were Axis NA troops with shorts... I can dream, can't I?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21-09-2009, 21:09:06 »
I'd imagine such cosmetic changes can be afforded once there is need for them. Right now, they'll do.

Offline Hresvelgr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21-09-2009, 21:09:07 »
I do hope the devs include Germans with long clothes.. don't even know their names... like the ones in BOB's carentan hedgerow battle... Also, the Americans with the long clothes as was worn in Battle of the bulge
You mean the German Fallschirmjaeger? Yeah, those guys were cool. The fallschirmjaeger in BoB's Carentan episode had the coolest damn costumes I've seen in any WW2 movie. Followed closely by the American paratroopers in that show.

Offline H2HSnake

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21-09-2009, 21:09:29 »
Is RAD making any new models? is he still FH dev?
World War 2: Behind the closed doors - best WWII documentary!!!

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21-09-2009, 21:09:30 »
He retired long ago.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22-09-2009, 07:09:14 »
 :'(

I knew this was true, I just *sob* didn't want to accept the fact *Bursts out crying*... especially since I saw the flakpanzer and him lurking around recently... Rad, Rad, say it eint SO!

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22-09-2009, 08:09:22 »
Given that they've already made some, and that Cobra is the only map they could be used on, yes :)

*facepalm*

It happens to the best of us. Don't worry about it.

like we used to say in FF forums.. Repped :D

I think we'll see more variations of faces in the future for both german and US, and who knows, maybe we'll get another celebrity ^^

Damian Lewis :D

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22-09-2009, 23:09:43 »
wait, who did we get before?

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23-09-2009, 00:09:35 »
You mean the German Fallschirmjaeger? Yeah, those guys were cool. The fallschirmjaeger in BoB's Carentan episode had the coolest damn costumes I've seen in any WW2 movie. Followed closely by the American paratroopers in that show.

What costumes?  They're called uniforms, and the "long cloths" are called jump smocks:

Offline Hresvelgr

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23-09-2009, 01:09:29 »
Uh, they're called costumes if they are used for movie purposes. Hence why I said costumes and not uniforms. Don't think those guys were actual fallschirmjaeger.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23-09-2009, 02:09:42 »
Uniform is a uniform is a uniform.  It would be a costume if it was a bad attempt to "look" like a uniform, but the BOB ones were not.

From Merriam Webster (italics by me):

Costume: an outfit worn to create the appearance characteristic of a particular period, person, place, or thing <Halloween costumes>

Uniform: dress of a distinctive design or fashion worn by members of a particular group and serving as a means of identification; broadly : distinctive or characteristic clothing
« Last Edit: 23-09-2009, 02:09:30 by VonMudra »

Offline Twonkle

• Leave Britney alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23-09-2009, 20:09:55 »
Is the german infantry face based on Morrisey (of The Smiths fame) or did I just recall another daydream.

Is the American face based on Mel Gibson / Tom Hanks?

Take a close look next time you're in battle and you'll notice how similar they look to the models...
« Last Edit: 23-09-2009, 20:09:50 by Twonkle »

// aka [F|H]Strilo on pubbie servers.

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23-09-2009, 20:09:00 »
Wtf, the guy with the BAR looks really bit like Mel Gibson.