Author Topic: Finish the italians  (Read 4412 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Finish the italians
« Reply #15 on: 09-03-2016, 22:03:21 »
AFAIK they just reskin vanilla BF2 ones and make new kitmeshes, with the exception of the Vietnam and WW2 ones, which are from other mods.

Offline DeFly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11-03-2016, 14:03:21 »
What do you guys think about this italian army models? they are taken from Sniper Elite III, maybe they could be a source of inspiration for future development. They are respectively an ordinary infantryman a Folgore paratrooper and an officer.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11-03-2016, 14:03:34 »
FH2 doesn't need inspiration, it needs more developers if you want to see new models in game. ::) Also, posting other games' models as an inspiration is almost an insult here :P

Offline DeFly

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11-03-2016, 14:03:38 »
FH2 doesn't need inspiration, it needs more developers if you want to see new models in game. ::) Also, posting other games' models as an inspiration is almost an insult here :P
I was just tring to raise the awernes that the italian faction is(as in every WWII game in the istory of mankid) snubbed, i would be helpfull but i don't know nothig about 3D modelig and so on, maybe you can show me some tutorial? and why is an insul they are just images i don't understand?

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11-03-2016, 14:03:10 »
and why is an insul they are just images i don't understand?
::)
(old forum members going away)

Its not really insult,but we all have internet,dont we? There are enough history searchers here but you didnt do anything wrong. We know that they are unfinished,but everything is unfinished here. You cant make every battle and every weapon. If some dev get one day crazy inspiration and free time,they will do. But until then,..
« Last Edit: 11-03-2016, 15:03:42 by Ivancic1941 »
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Ronson

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11-03-2016, 15:03:41 »
Does anyone actually use the mine detectors?
Pretty useless most of the time as you need to get so close to a mine to detect it, but I've used them occasionally on maps like Mareth (as Brits) where you have major choke points for advancing tanks. Those bridges before the first flags often get mined by sneaky stay-behind squads who can take out tank after tank after Brits have capped the flags. I've saved a few tanks by guarding the bridge as an engineer, finding mines with the detector and taking them out with the wrench.

Would miss them if they're removed, but I would like to see them beefed up so you can detect mines in a much larger radius, if that's possible?

Offline Sir.Don

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11-03-2016, 15:03:03 »
and why is an insul they are just images i don't understand?
::)
(old forum members going away)

Its not really insult,but we all have internet,dont we? There are enough history searchers here but you didnt do anything wrong. We know that they are unfinished,but everything is unfinished here. You cant make every battle and every weapon. If some dev get one day crazy inspiration and free time,they will do. But until then,..
I understand what you're saying, but to be honest, I think other nation are way more completed. I mean, britain has all the sten models for example, Italians don't even have their smoke granade or mine, it's not the same.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11-03-2016, 15:03:52 »
"Britain has all the Sten Models."

Not really, we have:

Sten MKII

Sten MKIIS

Sten MKV

Of those that were actually used, we are still missing:

Sten MKI

Sten MKI*

Sten MKIII

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11-03-2016, 15:03:44 »
How many games with Italian faction are there? I think FH2 did well enough with its 8 armies and 45 maps. Devs are doing their best and I bet they will add more Italian toys as soon as anybody will have time to model and code them, but it takes more than a request from a random guy on a public forum, not to mention that development is focused on the Eastern Front now. Maybe if somebody will make a map with Italian army on the Eastern Front they would get more attention, but that's rather unlikely.

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11-03-2016, 15:03:28 »
We have been adding things every now and then even if it's not as extensive as other factions. Semovente 75/18 was added last patch, and MC200+MC202 was added not that (by fh2 version standards :) ) long ago.

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11-03-2016, 15:03:02 »
We know that they are unfinished,but everything is unfinished here. You cant make every battle and every weapon. If some dev get one day crazy inspiration and free time,they will do. But until then,..

good to hear that you guys want to complete them if you find time:)
« Last Edit: 11-03-2016, 17:03:06 by SadCamelion »
There aren't enough Italian tanks.

Offline Not So Civil Engy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11-03-2016, 16:03:42 »
it takes more than a request from a random guy on a public forum

I think this pretty much sums up Jan's attitude. There is nothing wrong with people posting recommendations. Stop treating people as outsiders.

I've been seeing a lot of posts in game about noobs, and how people should go back to COD.  Frankly, it is disappointing. If people want to guarantee FH2's death, keep discouraging new people from partaking in the community.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11-03-2016, 16:03:00 »
There are equal rules on this forum for everybody and a search button for new comers, but yet every now and then somebody notice an obvious thing missing and post about what should be added, thinking like FH2 is made by countless number of people with unlimitted time just waiting for people to post suggestions, which are usually poorly made, not to mention that most of the above was posted multiple times here in the past :)
« Last Edit: 11-03-2016, 16:03:48 by jan_kurator »

Offline 0utlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11-03-2016, 17:03:54 »

how people should go back to COD.

cod is garbage imo, i will never play those games
« Last Edit: 11-03-2016, 17:03:22 by 0utlaw »

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11-03-2016, 19:03:57 »
we are a mod,
things can come pretty fast or pretty slow.

:) i remember the day of the US army release, i've produced most of the guns in 2 months and there is so many weapons done since at least 2010 waiting to be featured. But nowadays i'm so slow.

From my point of view, Italians will get fresh content when FH2 land in Sicily or when a new modder, italian addict, will pop in