Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 65146 times)

Offline blander

• View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #615 on: 17-06-2018, 01:06:25 »
Yeah, I think overall maps need more tickets instead of less. Lebisey and Luttich were extremely short today. I think Totalize needs more too.

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 20-06-2018, 22:06:17 »
I would like to see more destroy-able buildings.
BattleGrounds Frontline, a BF2 mod, uses a lot of them.  There is a map where you can destroy almost all the houses in the village.  I think most people's computers can handle that nowadays.
What about adding chairs, tables, or boxes that can be moved in houses.  I figure they can serve at least two purposes, one being able to use the item to see out of some windows that are just to high.  A second purpose would be to use the items to build a "wall" to hide a squad leader behind (of course a well placed grenade would blow that plan to pieces lol)
The problem with such things is that we would need to add a lot more network objects to our maps and the BF2 engine does not like that. It sucks if only some things (barrels, boards, tables, chairs) are movable or destructible and others are not.
We have a few such gimmicks on some maps. Purple heart lane has a tin can with networked physics, so you can move it around by shooting it.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 21-06-2018, 04:06:01 »
We could have the disposable fuel tanks from planes added as new statics for maps.

I came across the idea after remembering the story my german teacher once told about the war. When she was a child she had to make long walks to school across the country. She told me she and her schoolmates avoided going through a wooded area because the allied planes had ran strafing runs on it looking for hidden targets. Bullet holes could be seen on the trees.

One day something that looked like a bomb appeared on the dirt road. Everybody thought it could explode at any moment so nobody dared to get close... for a few days. People finally realised it was not a bomb, it was a discarded airplane fuel tank. Countrymen proceeded to cut it into two halves, making two improvised bathtubs out of it.

I asked my teacher if she knew if the fuel tank belonged to an allied or a german plane. She said she didn´t know, she was just a girl.
« Last Edit: 21-06-2018, 04:06:40 by blander »

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 21-06-2018, 13:06:50 »
Perhaps not a minor suggestion (and probably has been been discussed before (?)), but is it difficult to make a halftrack with an 8.8 cm Flak L/56 on a Sd.Ah. trailer? Engine limitations?
« Last Edit: 21-06-2018, 13:06:07 by nysä »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 21-06-2018, 19:06:09 »
You mean towed behind the halftrack? Wow, you are here for 5 years, and that's a newbie question.
Engine limitations?
Yes. No towed weapons in BF2.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 22-06-2018, 07:06:36 »
You mean towed behind the halftrack? Wow, you are here for 5 years, and that's a newbie question.
Yes. No towed weapons in BF2.

Been here way longer than that. But thanks for pointing this out.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 22-06-2018, 18:06:56 »
Been here way longer than that. But thanks for pointing this out.
I don't care really. I'm just pointing out that you are active on the forum for almost 5 years now. You should know about the "search" button in the upper right corner by now.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 23-06-2018, 01:06:08 »
There are some in the files.  They are just not on map anymore.  Go easy on those guys.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 13-07-2018, 11:07:10 »
Glad that the StuG IV reticle got updated, but could the developers add a bit more "zoom"? Now the gunner's view is pretty much in full screen mode. Thanks.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 07-09-2018, 17:09:19 »
Granatbuchse GrB-39 Antitank Rifle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWFX08ay-pE
« Last Edit: 07-09-2018, 17:09:31 by Chad1992 »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: 07-09-2018, 19:09:53 »
Granatbuchse GrB-39 Antitank Rifle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWFX08ay-pE

Oh believe me, this has popped up many a time from me. ;)

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 28-09-2018, 20:09:10 »
« Last Edit: 31-03-2019, 14:03:58 by nysä »

Offline tunturiäijä

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 23-10-2018, 18:10:53 »
Update the server map rotation. There is old maps too often in server map rotation. I'd like to see more eastern front maps in.
+ Add these eastern front maps Nietjärvi, Strongpoint Joki, Ilomantsi, Sinimaed, Invasion of Tornio, Silver Fox.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: 23-10-2018, 19:10:23 »
Update the server map rotation. There is old maps too often in server map rotation. I'd like to see more eastern front maps in.

We do not run the servers. You need to go and talk to the server admins instead.

Offline Kasztelan

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 23-10-2018, 19:10:25 »
Hey, just a small suggestion about Soviet machine guns. DP in game is firing from a closed bolt while in real life it fires from an open bolt and DT's charging handle doesn't move at all while firing in game.