Author Topic: Coop Singleplayer Ratio Help  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Hartwich

• View Profile
Coop Singleplayer Ratio Help
« on: 20-01-2012, 21:01:20 »
Hello all Forgotten Hope players,

I am having trouble figuring out how to successfully change the ratio of players on single player coop.  From other posts I've seen that to do this I must change the Sv.CoopBotRatio #.  However, I am having trouble doing this.  I play with a set of 100 bots, and I want to have 55 players on one team and 45 on the other for conquest maps, (55 for attacker + 45 for defender).  I thought by changing the Sv.CoopBotRatio number to "55" thinking that this would mean 55/100. But when I go into my game I got around 90 bots on one team and 10 on the other.  I kept playing with the numbers but to no avail...the teams were just drastically unbalanced...does anyone know what I am doing wrong? thanks!

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
Re: Coop Singleplayer Ratio Help
« Reply #1 on: 20-01-2012, 22:01:42 »
It is really pretty easy. I will tell you how to do it.

You don't need that code line you mentioned, just remove it.

Now then, set your max bots in AIDefault.ai

Next, start a coop server (if playing by yourself you might need to add the line "sv.numPlayersNeededToStart 1" to gamelogicinit.con)

Pick yer map, and use the slider in the menu to set the bot ratio to 100.

Now adjust the slider for Number of Bots. This is the number of bots that will be assigned to team 1. The remainder from whatever total number of bots you chose in AIDefault.ai will be assigned to team 2.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-01-2012, 22:01:07 »
I'm usually using 64 bots in coop, that's not too much and not too less.

So in my case I set bot ratio to 100 and bot number to 32. That means all the 32 bots set will go to one team, the other 32 bots scripted in Aidefault.ai will go to the other. So, ratio to 100 and number to the half of the bots you wanna use.

Note that this will only work with bot numbers up to 96, cause 48 is the max bot number you can adjust. If you want more, you'll have to play Sp instead of coop, it balances automatically.

Offline Hartwich

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-01-2012, 22:01:04 »
I think that I am still doing something wrong here

I've got my AIDefualt to 100 and set the ratio for coop to 100.

I then put the bot number to 48 and get the result of: 69 on one side and 32 on the other. 

oh dear I must still be doing something wrong, right?

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21-01-2012, 14:01:00 »
If you want to have a lot of bots, take 96 instead of hundred. Then bot number to 48 and ratio to 100. That should do it. Make sure you checked (write 1 instead of 0) "overide menu settings" in the Aidefault.ai file.

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01-02-2012, 13:02:16 »
Here's a great 3rd party tool for changing the bot numbers easily, no coding required. Just install, choose FH2 from the mod list, move the slider, then click save changes! ;D

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/pagetools/pagetools.php?act=printnews&id=9931

Just don't launch FH2 from this tool. The mod still needs to be launched from the FH2.exe program (the icon you double click on to start the game). The reason for that is the devs bypassed some features in BF2 (vanilla). The mod will not run correctly if started by any other means.
« Last Edit: 01-02-2012, 13:02:15 by TASSER »
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3