Author Topic: Speed back the trucks!  (Read 3406 times)

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
Re: Speed back the trucks!
« Reply #30 on: 11-09-2009, 09:09:00 »
Sherman needs a bit of a speed boost IMO jsut a tad

The sherman dont need more speed, a Tiger is faster :)

And, I think trucks are fine as they are, they aint racing vehicles, same for the jeeps, a willy can go about 70km/h if I remember right.

And, do the vehicles get an advantage with steering if i get a steering wheel and pedals for my pc? (to the devs) I mean are the wheels syncronized with it that kind of equipment? Like if i turn the steering wheel fast, will the wheels also turn fast? might be a bit off topic, but would be nice to know anyway.
« Last Edit: 11-09-2009, 09:09:44 by sn00x »

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11-09-2009, 16:09:37 »
my tactic for goodwood with the APC thing would be use spotters to get the artillery to destroy them that would be my tactic etc..then use apcs to assault cagny!, also why do people always go up into the church tower, its abit of a cliche and going up their is suicide in the end cos all a sherman or enemy has to do is throw a grenade up or use a high explosive shell and your basically dead!.
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13-09-2009, 01:09:07 »
Why don't they slow down the tanks too, the panzers and tigers are too fast as far as I'm concerned, even their turret rotation speed could be decreased. that would also make it more realistic... the German tanks were much slower than what they are on game and the shermans are slower than the panzers which is also unrealistic..... >:(Just my thoughts....

Offline altfuture

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13-09-2009, 03:09:19 »
I think speeds are now fine. Don't have preconceptions! Why would they be any faster? Driving over various terrains and being vehicles from 40's.. they are fine.

Now when I see it, I would agree that Jeep could use a slight boost on power. Even a slight 10 degree climb makes it struggle hard.
BRAINFORCE squad

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13-09-2009, 05:09:58 »
Yeah, the jeep could do with a little more power. I have a '45 Willy's and you'd be supprised at how well that little thing does being being powered by a L134 "Go Devil" (Hence the reason it got it's nickname "Go Devil") engine and t-84 3-speed transmisson.  :)

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13-09-2009, 18:09:51 »
In real life a sherman could outmanouver an enemy panzer if it had enough room to manouver in!, i remember a dangerous tactic used by the british in the desert, where there crusader tanks had to do a mass charge to close in on the enemy for their 2 pounder guns to be effective against enemy panzers, that is alot to be desired!.

Anyways i agree, allied tanks were far more faster than the german counter-parts since the king tiger and tiger tanks were such heavy tanks and moved slower than the allied tanks, allies should clearly have the advantage of outmanouvering enemy panzers.

As i recall, 1 out of 4 shermans ended up knocking out a single tiger, so basically it takes 4 shermans to destroy a tiger unless!, the shermans could out manouver it!...
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #36 on: 13-09-2009, 19:09:40 »
In real life a sherman could outmanouver an enemy panzer if it had enough room to manouver in!, i remember a dangerous tactic used by the british in the desert, where there crusader tanks had to do a mass charge to close in on the enemy for their 2 pounder guns to be effective against enemy panzers, that is alot to be desired!.

Anyways i agree, allied tanks were far more faster than the german counter-parts since the king tiger and tiger tanks were such heavy tanks and moved slower than the allied tanks, allies should clearly have the advantage of outmanouvering enemy panzers.

As i recall, 1 out of 4 shermans ended up knocking out a single tiger, so basically it takes 4 shermans to destroy a tiger unless!, the shermans could out manouver it!...

Yes there is a mission in CoD2 that depicts a crusader charge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzpF1hxAokM

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13-09-2009, 19:09:19 »
And COD2 is always the best source for information. ;)

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #38 on: 13-09-2009, 19:09:16 »
And COD2 is always the best source for information. ;)

I'm not saying it is, i'm just pointing out that there is a mission that depicts what he said in CoD2.

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 13-09-2009, 20:09:59 »
exactly, im just saying allied tanks even though you might not believe it or not, but allied tanks had much more better speed than their german counterparts, and im pretty sure a sherman is much more faster than a tiger, i mean the tigers turret rotated at a speed of like a tortoise or something, im pretty sure tiger tanks didn't rotate their turrets really really fast, because shermans had the ability to fre more rounds off than a tiger tank and could rotate their turret much more faster than a tiger tank!, just saying allied tanks need to have increased speed and turret rotation increased, because i was driving in a cromewell on operation totalize and i shot at a tiger, went to out flank him and he turned his turret towards me and fired even though my hull wasn't anywhere near his line of sight and it killed me!!.

And also their was a story of a guy in operation market garden that killed 6 tiger tanks with the British Piat Anti-tank weapon, so im pretty sure the PIAT isn't as sucky as you think it is...

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13-09-2009, 22:09:43 »
Havoc Tigercrews turned the entire Tank to aim the gun! No sane Tiger crew would try to follow an enemy with the turret!

I believe the speeds are ok atm.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13-09-2009, 23:09:10 »
well thats what im trying to say, the turret should move really really slowly because no right tank crew would be able to follow a cromewell with its such amazing speed, hence why cromewells had good manouverability on the battlefield and could escape danger if things got sour and hurtful!...its abit stupid my cromewell succumbed to a tiger even though my tank wasn't in the tigers sights!. cos when it came up with the guy that killed me in a tiger my tank was like right near his to the right of him (left on my screen)..still makes me mad >.>

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 14-09-2009, 01:09:41 »
...its abit stupid my cromewell succumbed to a tiger even though my tank wasn't in the tigers sights!. cos when it came up with the guy that killed me in a tiger my tank was like right near his to the right of him (left on my screen)..still makes me mad >.>

Are you saying the tiger wasn't aiming at you when it shot you? I'm guessing it was probably a different tiger that killed you, not the one you were aware of.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 14-09-2009, 10:09:48 »
Havoc, you have to realize that some people will raise the sensitivity of their mouse to get tank turrets to turn faster than they should.  Some higher end mice even have special buttons on them that instantly change the sensitivity.  There is nothing the Devs can do to prevent this, it's just a by-product of the game being on the PC.  Learn to live with it, or buy a better mouse with insta-change sensitivity to compete with these people.

Also, unless you were lagging or got killed by a different Tiger than you were paying attention to, the Tiger should not be able to hit you if his turret is turned the other way.  Something seems fishy about what happened there, but the turret speed on the tanks seems fine as it is right now.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 14-09-2009, 13:09:08 »
or they could just make the turret traverse and turn with the keyboard arrows. something i personaly would thing make it more realistic as the guns didnt have a "joystick" feeling when turning and so on. and this might a little bit off topic, but ill write it anyway, Could we maybe have binoculars when not using the sights? it looks so stupid when people search for tanks and the turret goes wild.
« Last Edit: 14-09-2009, 13:09:39 by sn00x »