Author Topic: The Great Football thread  (Read 112152 times)

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
Re: The Great Football thread
« Reply #1155 on: 10-06-2012, 17:06:18 »
Robbie Keane, Vedran Corluka, Niko Kranjcar, Luka Modric.

Former and current Tottenham players in tonights clash between Ireland and Croatia!

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: 10-06-2012, 18:06:23 »
OH C'MON ITALY, let us score already! I know you want to!

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: 10-06-2012, 18:06:30 »
Spain is playing like Barcelona in the previous season - without striker, without any ideas on finishing the action, like they want to get with the ball in the goal...  ::)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: 10-06-2012, 19:06:18 »
thats what happens when the other team has nothing worth the name of football player D:. And that ball keeps scratching the goal  :P

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #1159 on: 10-06-2012, 19:06:24 »
What a goal from Di Natale!

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: 10-06-2012, 19:06:48 »
That is actually a victory for Italy.

It's a surprise that such team could offer quite a resistance against technically superior team. And yes... Torres returns to his usual luck, or perhaps it's just him. He even fail to trick a goal keeper!!! Where is his face now? He loses to Buffon on mano-a-mano, even without involving hand.  :o

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: 10-06-2012, 20:06:29 »
Spain may have trouble finishing it off, but man o man did you see the gameplay between players. Tick-tac-tock they are passing it around like a pinball machine. Beautiful to see. And Torres, it seems like he has the football equivalent of a writers block. Was that really the best he could do against Buffon  :(

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: 10-06-2012, 20:06:02 »
I even hoped for Italy to win. Most awesome Buffon. He ran to the right already (from Torres PoV)  when Torres didnt even decide yet what to do and just played the ball away with his feet :D Not many keeper have that balls - but well, I forgot it's Torres, no risk taken ;)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: 10-06-2012, 21:06:18 »
Ah it was a good game.

Italy can do better, Buffon is such a solid GK. Di Natale should have started on the first team, Giovinco too.

This Italy is different from the others, this time i think, Italy would have to rely on individuals.

Couldn't see Argentina - Brasil Live, 4-3, saw the replay hours after the match. Epic game i must say, Messi is the greatest player i ever seen (Well, i was born when Maradona was playing for Boca Juniors in Argentina but.. i didnt really see him, hehe), media can now shut up, Neymar will NEVER be better than Messi. Im starting to recover faith in our national team.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: 10-06-2012, 22:06:56 »
so much for Ireland's chances... hopefully England does well tomorrow.

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: 11-06-2012, 02:06:06 »
Damn,Italy draw and Ireland lost.
Torres had a miss very similar to another one that happened at an important match here.
IDK how will be tomorrow.I heard France had reborn from the ashes.If England still have the same goalkeeper from 2010 WC,then,I am sorry for the Queen's team...

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: 11-06-2012, 09:06:16 »
Spain may have trouble finishing it off, but man o man did you see the gameplay between players. Tick-tac-tock they are passing it around like a pinball machine. Beautiful to see. And Torres, it seems like he has the football equivalent of a writers block. Was that really the best he could do against Buffon  :(
Sorry I do not find it beautiful any more. It has come down to passing for passing sake and no intention to create a chance and score a goal. The ball by Silva was brilliant and resulted in a great goal by Fabregas. Lengthy periods of the game there was almost no intention to score though, but just to pass the ball around. The lack of a target man up front might have something to do with it Some bad defending on the Spanish side gave Italy a few great chances, can't believe they missed them as it's so unlike Italians to waste such chances. Torres missing twice is not surprising in the least but it did show that with a striker you at least get chances to score.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: 11-06-2012, 09:06:10 »
They won by dominating the match, dictating the tempo as they will by possessing the ball, thus the seemingly flurry of short passes without attacking progress. The beauty is the number of connections they make, even difficult passes made it through!

Poor defending wise, Puyol wasn't there. But even with Puyol, Spain's defense is already poor as it is, all of their defenders were part of the passing systems, so when you are on the attacking momentum, the defenders have to come forward to maintain the pressure. But, when the chain breaks there, it is over, if Pique or Ramos can't outrun the attacker, only Casillas is left.

Last time, the Germans weren't able to figure it out and try to face it using their rigid style, the Netherlands got frustrated and played rough instead. But Italy was able to read the game, try to disrupt the harmony, and wait for their chances.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #1168 on: 11-06-2012, 09:06:11 »
Sweden is taking on host nation Ukraine tonight!

Lets go Zlaaaataaaan!

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: 11-06-2012, 10:06:15 »
Wooohoo, Croatia won, but have you seen the beating the Croatian guys took from the Irish?

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer