Author Topic: The Great Football thread  (Read 112235 times)

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Football thread
« Reply #1140 on: 09-06-2012, 20:06:58 »
First surprise on Euro!!!  ;D

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #1141 on: 09-06-2012, 21:06:22 »
How deep can a team sink after 2 years, hahahaha.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: 09-06-2012, 21:06:34 »
We didn't play that bad actually. I was expecting much worse. Still if you have 28 shots/chances and only 8 are on target and none of them a goal than you can only blame yourself even if it was a clear penalty in injury time. Denmark played the best they could, were a bit lucky but in the end scored a goal and thus deserved the win.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: 09-06-2012, 22:06:15 »
That was a short EC. The Danes did what they could, and even won. Well done to them.

Robben on the right is great news for any team. No assists from the right, very predictable and easy to defend. Our left isn't much better. Van Persie = fail (that makes how many times now?) and Huntelaar is on the bench.

Our great attacking line? We have no attacking line.

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: 09-06-2012, 22:06:13 »
We didn't play that bad actually.
I agree, but it's only goals that count.

Luckily, Germany and Portugal both didn't play so well either. Actually we played the best fieldplay of all four, yet we are on shared 3th spot with Portugal. I can only hope the play wil result in goals next few matches.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: 09-06-2012, 22:06:18 »
Germany vs Portugal
Ha! That wasn't a clear advantage by the Germans. As we predicted, Ronaldo really has the uber human skillz. But that comes to nothing.

Both team aren't willing to take risks, hence less chance for scoring. But that's good, keeping the Dutch at bay. The last thing they need is a defeat by Portugal. Denmark itself is full of surprises... Worthy of their nickname, the dynamite.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: 10-06-2012, 01:06:42 »
HAHA, what an awesome day ;D

Seriously, I did not even think about Holland having trouble vs Denmark and then this, awesome :D Back to the dumpster Dutchies =DD Haaa, this feels so good. Especially because I can tell this to you Dutchmen. Well, I'm better careful - who knows what happens on Wednesday. Holland has to make points so they will fight ! Robben played as always in Munich: Dribbling on right flank heading for the middle, shoot with the left foot, ifnore the free teammate and kick the ball high above the goal. Go on with that vs Germany dear sir.

Deutschland !!!!

Yea, we played horrible, I admit it. After winning vs Holland last Fall we never came back to the awesome playstyle we had there. I think the first goal was the breakthrough though. Kicking some Dutchies' ass should help motivation too. We were lucky, but that does not matter. We won. It was (I was at public viewing) relatively quiet during the match. Before the match people were singing, atmosphere was awesome. When Gomez scored that goal the crowd exploded of course and people were singing and partying after the game like we won easily 4:0, I like that though :D Anyway, Manuel Neuer was really reliable again. We won because of him, awesome keeper.

On another, serious note I have to say something to fan behaviour.

The behaviour of fans ( I speak for Germany here, don't know too much about the developement in other countries) has become a lot worse in the past few years. When I saw the German fans throwing paper balls on Portugese players I felt really embarassed. That's not sporting and those people should be ashamed. Furthermore in the last few years whistling and booing the opposing team has become a trend. That's totally not sporting as well. I noticed this in general though. It's normal in the first few minutes of the game or when a penalty is shot or when someone deserves it with a foul, but just booing a team over a lot of time just because they have the ball is awful.

Another thing is pyrotechnics. I watched the Worlchampionsship 2 years ago at the same location, a local icehockey-and event stadium. Party was friendly and peaceful, football was celebrated like it should be. This year there was more pyro in German stadiums than ever before. I'm not totally against pyrotechnics as long as its fired before the game, limited, people are careful with it and do not throw it on the field.
Today, they fired flares in a closed roof stadium, in the middle of the crowd that was standing there and risked panic and injuries and cancelling of the event. If that continues there won't be any public events for watching football anymore at this great location. They also fired firecrackers, as loud as real explosions and stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a pussy, but this behaviour developed horribly.

This paper pellet throwing and the indoor pyro where I watched made me really angry. Well pyro, booing and throwing things is probably usual in club football, but it's horrible that stuff like that is in the Euros right now aswell. Today they threw paper, tomorrow lighters and plastic wedges, the day after they throw flares and then knives.

It's really sad to me, because those championsships are not just football events they make nations meet and increasingly excessive booing+ throwing stuff makes me pretty sad and angry (especially when it's not even a Germany-Holland derby or similar).
Sorry for wall of text, had to say this.

Offline CologneSky

• with FH since the very beginning! (FH 0.5b baby!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: 10-06-2012, 01:06:56 »
I second all you said, Surfbird.

Both the fun and the serious part!

Anyways: Schlaaaaaaaaaaaaand!!

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #1148 on: 10-06-2012, 10:06:59 »
It's all a ruse!

Now the German team is all like 'hah, they couldn't even beat Denmark, this will be a piece of cake!' and then.. BOOM! Huntelaar on front and Robben being a team player! I can dream, let me dream!

And to be honest, I do not care that much who wins but I just LOVE Netherlands-Germany. It is the most iconic match for me  ;D

I also see Zoo still has a deep hate against the Dutch team, still as bad as in 2010?
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: 10-06-2012, 12:06:25 »
Well, let's see Spain, if they were suffered humiliation like the Dutch did, I think I can forgive them all  ;D

My pet hate against the Dutch team is specifically targeted at Bert van Marwijk. He supportes every unsportsmanship behavior going on field. I mean, even the explosive Joachim Loew stayed quiet when his player caught diving and being punished.

Surfbird: don't forget Boateng... he saved that deadly shoot from Cristiano Ronaldo and nearly injured himself. I think German team is pretty solid here. Schweinsteiger plays pretty well, Oezil and Khedira plays fine. But the score isn't that great. The team clearly shows that in terms of individual techniques, they are clearly inferior against Portugal, even Pepe can pass through the midfielders using a few moves. But as a team, the Germans are more solid.

And yeah, I agree with those poor fan behavior. That steers away sympathy of many people from your team.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: 10-06-2012, 13:06:31 »
Yea, Boateng did a good job aswell. He was criticized before the game, because he went for party the night before the team went to Ukraine. So he had some obligation to provide. Löw isn't explosive though ^^ He is emotional during the game, but he's usually very calm but never indifferent. The Portugese coach seemed a lot more explosive to me :D

The German team has a really strong squad this year. There are a lot of players who play equally good. I would have set up different players. Podolski is loved and plays good in the National team, did play quite good yesterdy but I honestly think that Schürrle plays better atm with more agility and more stroke towards the goal.

Müller plays decent but not really good. With the alternatives we have for this position he has to play great. Put Reus or Götze there. Reus and Götze are both so skilled players, in most other teams they would play from the start and be key players. I'm sure that there are one or two key positions that make the Germans play worse than usual at the moment. I hope Löw chooses a different first eleven than against Portugal. Just my opinion though, others don't agree. Especially about the Podolski thing. People love him. Especially in Cologne...

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: 10-06-2012, 14:06:39 »
If we lose Wednesday, we deserve to go home. But, we have nothing to lose anymore. If that doesn't trigger the lion, nothing will. Win or die trying. Ger - Por was a pretty bad match, the German team isn't what it used to be. Closet boy's team nearly nailed it. With the maverick Danes about, this poule is going to turn nasty.

... beer and bratwurst talking...

Hmm, yes, fascinating, quite. Dumpster eh? That sounds familiar. I suddenly seem out of TP :-*

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: 10-06-2012, 15:06:25 »
i have a bad feeling about Ireland today...

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: 10-06-2012, 16:06:06 »
It's all a ruse!

Now the German team is all like 'hah, they couldn't even beat Denmark, this will be a piece of cake!' and then.. BOOM! Huntelaar on front and Robben being a team player! I can dream, let me dream!

And to be honest, I do not care that much who wins but I just LOVE Netherlands-Germany. It is the most iconic match for me  ;D

I also see Zoo still has a deep hate against the Dutch team, still as bad as in 2010?
Germany was far from impressive. They were lucky with two balls hitting the woodwork and Gomez scoring from a deflected cross. They have nothing to brag about sofar. Definitely going to be interesting wednesday.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: 10-06-2012, 17:06:50 »