Author Topic: BF2.exe cannot be found  (Read 797 times)

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
BF2.exe cannot be found
« on: 01-03-2011, 11:03:21 »
 Since last major Windows update, it turns out that my version of FH2 got completely borked. As subject title states "I have lost my bf2.exe"

Can I just get another copy of BF2.exe and force it into the proper directory?

or,

Do I have to re-install and run the risk of FH2 getting more fucked up?

Fh2 has never once installed properly for me and I honestly don't want the Shader barf bug, so do I have any other alternatives than re-installing and potentially creating major headaches?

thanks in advance guys (and maybe gals), Sheik
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
Re: BF2.exe cannot be found
« Reply #1 on: 01-03-2011, 12:03:15 »
I had this happen once or twice.....Lucky for me we have it on three computers in the house so it was just a matter of drag and drop.  I don't know if the BF2.exe has some sort of odd archive on the CD/DVD but you could just snag it from there.  If not get on the WaW TS3 and I or some other WaW guy could just send you the file over the built in file transfer shit.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-03-2011, 13:03:11 »
Just copy your FH2 folder and the FH2.exe to a save place and you won't need to reinstall FH2 before the next patch.

Other that that, to what did you upgrade your windows and did you follow all the steps as posted in the help section?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01-03-2011, 14:03:11 »

Can I just get another copy of BF2.exe and force it into the proper directory?

or,

Do I have to re-install and run the risk of FH2 getting more fucked up?

If you have the rest of the BF2 files and folders you can just grab the BF2.exe from someone and put it in the folder. As long as the BF2.exe version is on par with the rest of the files. So use a patch 1.41 exe in combination with all the files that are also updated to 1.41.
It might help if you explained what happened to your BF2 installation.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #4 on: 01-03-2011, 14:03:46 »
Ohh never even thought about the disk based one being the wrong version.  I like whiskey.  So yeah Shiek just get on TS3 and have someone set you up with the proper file.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02-03-2011, 02:03:11 »
 I like whisky too but I like buds way more. (Canada FTW)

Thanks for the help guys, I can just grab the .exe off of my roommate's PC and I will be right as rain.

@ N24 and NTH,
 Maybe i misspoke but my problem came about after I got a massive update punch from Windows for XP32. 10 updates, then restart the computer and poof, BF2.exe was gone. I definitely tried all the common problems and solutions (as well as the site search engine) but there was no solution to my particular problem so I resorted to pestering you guys. 

Seems like the fix is simple and I will be back to gaming with you louts sometime this week. At least in the meantime, I got really into FHSW (but I still don't know how to fly that damn Ohka suicide jet LOL).

Thanks again,
My Quebec includes Canada